Wedding band Tiffany & Co Fake or Real?

Leelou905

Feb 28, 2017
Hi all
I’ve lurked around these forums on and off over the years but now I need some of your expert eyes to tell me what you think about this ring I’ve purchased via eBay.
What ct size do people think this is? Seller claims this is 0.60ct with a 2.3mm band size but best I can find on Tiffany & Co for that diamond size is 2.5mm.

I think it is this onehttps://www.tiffany.co.uk/jewelry/rings/tiffany-diamond-wedding-band-GRP00314/
What do others think? Fake or real?

896073C4-6BA8-4710-80FE-8CE726D83DC8.jpeg9A3562F6-92BB-4835-A178-25D3DF33BBE9.jpeg826849BF-13BA-479B-AA1A-C39B50871711.jpeg

C3C175EF-77C8-4C43-B3F1-EB2FE828B707.jpeg

I think it's authentic. I don't think a ring of this style is something worth counterfeiting. I don't think that a counterfeiter would place so many clear engraved hallmark stamps inside. The work looks good and the detail is of high quality. I think you can wear it with confidence.

I think it's authentic. I don't think a ring of this style is something worth counterfeiting. I don't think that a counterfeiter would place so many clear engraved hallmark stamps inside. The work looks good and the detail is of high quality. I think you can wear it with confidence.

Thank you I really appreciate your opinion. I think it may be real but I was worried as the copyright (c) was in a different location compared to some other rings. I do know that the hall-markings change based on the style of ring though.

I have this ring, although I’m not sure the exact mm. My ring has the hallmarks in the second extra picture and those look the same to me. There aren’t any other markings on mine, though. I do also agree with the other poster that it’s probably not an item targeted for counterfeiting. It’s beautiful! Hope you can figure it out.

I have this ring, although I’m not sure the exact mm. My ring has the hallmarks in the second extra picture and those look the same to me. There aren’t any other markings on mine, though. I do also agree with the other poster that it’s probably not an item targeted for counterfeiting. It’s beautiful! Hope you can figure it out.
Tiffany changes their hallmarks occasionally to prevent counterfeiting (or rather deter counterfeiting). Older styles of rings, especially their wedding bands, will have markings that may be different from current ones. You could always take your ring to Tiffany’s for cleaning. If you send it to NYC for polishing and a deep cleaning, they will definitely let you know if it is not real. I wouldn’t specifically ask though. Hope this makes sense. Your ring is gorgeous!

Reactions: Cunhaam
Tiffany changes their hallmarks occasionally to prevent counterfeiting (or rather deter counterfeiting). Older styles of rings, especially their wedding bands, will have markings that may be different from current ones. You could always take your ring to Tiffany’s for cleaning. If you send it to NYC for polishing and a deep cleaning, they will definitely let you know if it is not real. I wouldn’t specifically ask though. Hope this makes sense. Your ring is gorgeous!

Thank you. I actually live in the UK, but there is a Tiffany’s close by to me and I plan to go and get it cleaned at some stage
I actually have just got the bargain of the century on it as I purchased it for £1k so I’m pretty happy!

Hi all
I’ve lurked around these forums on and off over the years but now I need some of your expert eyes to tell me what you think about this ring I’ve purchased via eBay.
What ct size do people think this is? Seller claims this is 0.60ct with a 2.3mm band size but best I can find on Tiffany & Co for that diamond size is 2.5mm.

I think it is this onehttps://www.tiffany.co.uk/jewelry/rings/tiffany-diamond-wedding-band-GRP00314/
What do others think? Fake or real?

View attachment 4821814View attachment 4821815View attachment 4821812

View attachment 4821810

This ring is definitely genuine! The diamond band rings that T&Co make in this style currently come in a 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm and 3.9mm width. You haven’t mentioned (that I could see) what size the ring is as that would be a clue to the carat weight. Regarding the markings, they are definitely genuine T&Co, and as you live in the UK, all jewelry there has the “extra” UK hallmarking which is seen in your photos. A great find on your part!!

Reactions: Cunhaam