CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hello to you all!
I could use some advice:sad:. I bought a Chanel boy card case about 3 weeks ago. I’ve used it since then almost every day, but was very careful with it. I didn’t throw it around or carry it in the pockets of my denims. And now the leather has started to peel off. I feel like there’s a thin film on the caviar leather that comes off now. You can see those little white spots on the photos. Has anybody seen that before? I haven‘t had those issues before on my caviar pieces. I’m very disappointed about this poor quality:tdown::crybaby:...

View attachment 4821113

View attachment 4821114

View attachment 4821115
Are you using hand sanitizer and then touching the item? That can do this.

• Wow
Reactions: 880
Recently bought a Chanel WOC and I really like how its so roomy for a WOC! I think it could pretty much fit almost as much stuff as the mini. I managed to get my phone, small sanitiser, sunglasses, keys and a coin purse inside with no issues. I definitely see myself buying either more WOCs or maybe bigger bags (medium/jumbo) - not really the minis or the smalls since they are pretty similar in proportions!

Reactions: Saaski
Hi everyone, just wondering - is it only classic flaps that come with the care book? I purchased a white caviar medium flap last week and it came with the booklet, as did my jumbo a few years ago, but it reminded me that I didn’t get one with my mini.
Also, the SA didn’t fill out the card in the booklet with my name - is that normal? They did when I bought the jumbo. I purchased all my Chanel bags new from Harrods so I’m not worried about authenticity, just wondering what is normal? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: LVoexChanel
Hi everyone, just wondering - is it only classic flaps that come with the care book? I purchased a white caviar medium flap last week and it came with the booklet, as did my jumbo a few years ago, but it reminded me that I didn’t get one with my mini.
Also, the SA didn’t fill out the card in the booklet with my name - is that normal? They did when I bought the jumbo. I purchased all my Chanel bags new from Harrods so I’m not worried about authenticity, just wondering what is normal? Thanks in advance!
Yea.. Only classic flaps ( small, medium, jumbo, maxi) and also reissues come with the booklet. Mini flap is not part of classic.

Reactions: Sundaymacaron
Hi guys, I am so late to the party but I have been looking for the Chanel key older in caviar leather (gold/silver hardware I do not care). I have only discovered it recently and I am realising that it is super old. Does anyone know if it is still available in store? (I tried calling all the stores in London and no one picked up hence the question here) If not, I have seen a few on Poshmark and one on Fashionphile. I have never bought second-hand before so would you recommend going with poshmark/depop or Fashionphile? Thank you!!

Hello!

I'm attempting to upload pictures into the Authenticate this Chanel forum but am struggling. Apparently the photos are too large?! Has anyone else dealt with this? Does anyone know if I can just put the photos into a PDF instead?

TIA!!

k

I tried on this Chanel bag in white at the boutique over the weekend and loved it so much! Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this style and how well it wears! I know it's a newer bag too :smile:

View attachment 4821630

I have this bag and love it. Easy to carry, roomy, and durable. It’s pretty lightweight too. Love the versatility of it since you can carry it 3 ways (shoulder, crossbody, and on arm). This is one of my more used seasonals.

Hi, does anyone have a crisp clear photo of a serial sticker from the 13 series of an item bought from Chanel store?
I am having a hard time to see the "CHANEL" on the right side of the sticker. And if it is not there, does it mean that it is not an authentic piece?

2009 to 2010
"Eight digit serial number printed on white sticker covered with clear tape with two Chanel logos."X" cut-lines prevent sticker from being removed without damage. "CHANEL" appears on rightright side of the sticker. Dark line appears on left side of sticker. Gold speckles appear throughout sticker." (https://www.yoogiscloset.com/authenticate/chanel)

Hi, everyone. I bought a Chanel bag collection (along with some Chanel scarves, Chanel shoes, and Hermès scarves) from an estate. The original owner seemed to like some of the more unusual bags, and I’m wondering what your thoughts are on whether I should refurbish/clean any bags I decide not to keep. (Bags are vintage from late 90s and early 2000s - include a range of styles/materials like python, acrylic, Icon double flap, tweeds, suede, etc. )

Does it usually pay off to have them professionally cleaned/refurbished? Are you usually able to sell for a lot more that way, or is it a wash? There are 33 bags (26 scarves, 3 shoes) which is probably more than I “need.”

I would love to hear from people that have experience doing this, as I’m anticipating I will eventually sell some. Thank you!73FBFA32-92AA-43C6-98D5-5B25A613E857.jpeg