Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 - CANADIAN shoppers

pinkrose398

MaddyLoves.com
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
So for my Canadian shoppers of the Nsale this year, unfortunately because now Canada has a dedicated Nordstrom.ca site, we no longer have access to the wider .com site. This means that Canadians, even though we have brick and mortar Nordstrom stores here, will have access to a much more limited selection of items compared to the rest of the world. The Nordstrom.com website no longer ships to Canada.

If you are like me and anxious about what will be available on the Canadian website. I checked with customer service and they said they won't be uploading any previews this year, so you just have to wait until the day of the sale to find out what's available and what isn't. You can also get in touch with an SA at your local Nordstrom store to see if they can check what is coming in. I was able to confirm that some of my wishlist items will be available, but a lot of them will not be, which is disappointing. The items that aren't available, we will just not be able to get our hands on because the .com site no longer ships to Canada.

My best advice to Canadian shoppers is to create a wishlist on the .com website, then on the day of the sale, you can immediately search for those items and add them to your cart without browsing through multiple pages of stuff.

The good news is, the pricing may actually be better in Canada than in the US. For example the jacket I had my eye on is $399 CAD or $320 USD, which means I "saved" about $30 CAD buying directly in Canada. The other good news is that pre-shopping is only 3 days before the sale opens to the general public, AND the pre-shopping is only available in stores. I will definitely not be shopping in store due to COVID, so hopefully there will be a lot of stock left once the sale opens to the general public.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what you guys all pick up.

Despite the more limited selection, I have been really happy with shopping on .ca. I've made close to twenty (yikes :lol:) orders since the Canadian site launched and orders usually arrive at my door within three days, the longest I've waited is a week for an item that came from a store on the other side of the country. The refunds I've had to make have all been processed within 48 hours of dropping the box off at the post office.

With all the sales over the last few months, I don't have a very long list. I would like a Barefoot Dream leopard throw, a pair of knee high boots, and there is one Treasure & Bond scarf I saw on the US site that I liked.

I think lots of people will be in your boat and not shopping in store so I imagine we won't have the same issues of things being picked over like our American posters have been having. Fingers crossed!

Can I ask what of your which list items were not going to be available?

Despite the more limited selection, I have been really happy with shopping on .ca. I've made close to twenty (yikes :lol:) orders since the Canadian site launched and orders usually arrive at my door within three days, the longest I've waited is a week for an item that came from a store on the other side of the country. The refunds I've had to make have all been processed within 48 hours of dropping the box off at the post office.

With all the sales over the last few months, I don't have a very long list. I would like a Barefoot Dream leopard throw, a pair of knee high boots, and there is one Treasure & Bond scarf I saw on the US site that I liked.

I think lots of people will be in your boat and not shopping in store so I imagine we won't have the same issues of things being picked over like our American posters have been having. Fingers crossed!

Can I ask what of your which list items were not going to be available?

Yes I've been SO happy with the insanely fast shipping. I live in a city with a Nordstrom fulfillment centre so I get stuff sometimes next day or the after two days. I also love the free shipping and free returns. The last few items I got on sale from Nordstrom.ca have been way cheaper than the same item on the .com website. I bought a dress that was C$35 and US$42, and also the barefoot dreams cardigan was marked down to C$60.

I had a pair of Lafayette 148 pants and a Maggy London dress that I was interested in, but aren't going to be available. I think some of the more niche brands aren't available, which isn't a huge deal but it's still a bit of a bummer considering we don't even have the option of placing the order on the .com website.

Joining the thread, but unfortunately, not much to report — I stopped by the Vancouver store (first time in just over 6 months!), to see if I could gather any intel — but nothing was being put out yet. Several of the jewelry displays were cleared out, presumably to make space for sale items, and there was a small area blocked off in beauty, around Le Labo / Byredo / Jo Malone. I couldn’t tell where the shoe section will be, lol. On the second floor, the Eileen Fisher / Ted Baker / Dresses / Caslon area was designated for Anni Sale, but was bare, with empty racks ready to be stocked. The small blocked off areas make me wonder how social distancing will be maintained, and if there will be enough selection to make it worthwhile. Would really love feedback from anyone east of here who ventures out...I’m honestly not sure I’ll attend tomorrow.

Reactions: lakeshow
Okay, so I bit the bullet and decided to at least walk by! Arrived just before 11 am, when the store opened, and people were already shopping! They have staff letting ppl into the 2nd floor designated AS area, no line up when I arrived, about 20 ppl in line now. Not a huge selection, no leopard BFD, zero bras in my size, but I need nothing, and am only looking for lounge / activewear this year, as I’ll be WFH till next thru the winter. Still managed to get a few things!

Reactions: lakeshow
Hi all. Went to the Calgary store this morning for early shopping. There is a very limited selection here. Especially in Beauty and shoes/boots. No Adidas And only one pair of the Nike (black only). I did manage to get the Blondo MOTO boots and the Vince lug heel boots. Shopping for the Ambassador level was by appointment and before the store opened this morning. The smaller LaMer sets were gone by 9:30! There was a limited section of most brands but only the bare minimum selection wise. None of the Rikki mirrors, Unfortunately. I did see a few Voluspa candles, basic Nest Candle sets, a couple of Barefoot Dreams blankets, no Ugg blankets or robes/sweats, etc. And next to nothing in jewelry and handbags. Very limited selection in Vince, Theory, and that Nordstrom Signature Cashmere. and things on that side of the on that side of the isle. Denim was very scarce. No Mother denim, one or two of the AG styles, a couple of Frame styles and Paige. There were 4 or 5 styles of the Absolution jeans that people rave about. Very few leather or faux leather jackets. There was a decent selection of the Madewell, All Saints, Treasure and Bond and basic Nordstrom brands. Two colours in the Leith cardigans. The athletic wear section was really only basics as well. A few Zella things, a few Nike sets, and other just basics. No Sweaty Betty or Beyond Yoga. The pink Alo sets were there tho!

If anyone wants to know about anything in particular then please let me know and I’ll see if I can remember if I saw it! Hope that Helps.

Hi all. Went to the Calgary store this morning for early shopping. Unfortunately. I did see a few Voluspa candles, basic Nest Candle sets, a couple of Barefoot Dreams blankets, no Ugg blankets or robes/sweats, etc. ..
If anyone wants to know about anything in particular then please let me know and I’ll see if I can remember if I saw it! Hope that Helps.
Very helpful, thank you! As for the BFD blankets - did you see the leopard ones, or just plain? And if plain, do you recall colours? Thank you!

For beauty in Vancouver, I'll list everything I remember seeing. A SA met me in the waiting area for beauty, and insisted he "tour" me through the very small area. His mask kept falling down, so I tried to keep it short and sweet. He was very lovely, but I would have preferred to shop alone!

Kiehl's - jumbo sizes of Creme de Corps, Amino Acid Shampoo, Conditioner
Charlotte Tilbury - Pillowtalk Lip Secrets Set, Glowing Gorgeous Eyes Secrets set (I would have bought this, but I still have 2 unused pots of this eye shadow in different shades, but I love it, also have PT lip liner and lipstick, otherwise I would have bought that too) - there were other items, but I didn't catch what they were
Diptyque - Candle set, a fragrance set (not sure which ones)
Le Labo - Candle set, Jumbo Basil Hand wash
Oribe set - Gold Lust Dry Shampoo + Texturizing spray - $80
Slip - pillowcase set, Mega Scrunchie set ($60)
BeautyBlender - Electric Feels Set
Jo Malone - Mini Discovery, Cologne Collection
Voluspa - Vermeil Set of tin candles (not sure if this was the 3 or the 5 set)
MORROCANOIL Hydration Deluxe Set
NEST - not sure which products, but there were at least 2
NUFACE - Fix & Mini Facial Toning Device - there wasn't a sale price sticker on this, but he said it was $299. He told me his sister uses it and you have to use it religiously to see any results.
T3 - Cura hair dryer, curling iron
Tom Ford - Eye Colour Quad + Mini Lip Color Set / Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil & Lip set (I believe this was $100)
Mario Badescu - Jumbo Size Enzyme Cleansing Gel + Toner
Chantecaille - Super Sun Set
Giorgio Armani - Glow Set (there was a lip set as well, and something else...)
Bobbi Brown - Full Size Extra Lip Tint Duo - $40
Olaplex Set - $115
No NARS - I wanted the lip balm set

HTH! From this section, all I bought was the Olaplex set, the Bobbi Brown Lip Tint Duo (again, I wanted the Nars one, but this seemed like a good deal, so I thought I'd try it) and the slip scrunchie set (I used the mid ones all the time, and love them).

I placed my order over the phone this morning from the Vancouver store. Attaching my order so you can see prices.

I was told no barefoot dreams blankets, no leopard cardigan, only the regular cardigans.

The all saints jacket that was on the top of my wishlist was already sold out by 11:26 am when my SA called me. She said someone grabbed it first thing. I had to size down one size but we’ll see if it fits.

11BEDA3A-D9ED-48F2-96D6-E59663D6D533.pngB8AA2250-78E7-482A-B13D-064971C4A237.png

Very helpful, thank you! As for the BFD blankets - did you see the leopard ones, or just plain? And if plain, do you recall colours? Thank you!
I did see the leopard ones. There was one of the black and cream and a few of the cream on cream. They did have the newer ones that are a bit “shaggy” if you know what I mean. I almost bought one of those because they are a bit fun (called loop fring I think) BUT they are a smaller size that the leopard ones! They are 45x60
Those aren’t the oversized like most of the BFD. And only the cream and grey plain BFD blankets. I hope that all makes sense! ‍

Last edited:
I did see the leopard ones. There was one of the black and cream and a few of the cream on cream. They did have the newer ones that are a bit “shaggy” if you know what I mean. I almost bought one of those because they are a bit fun (called loop fring I think) BUT they are a smaller size that the leopard ones! They are 45x60
Those aren’t the oversized like most of the BFD. And only the cream and grey plain BFD blankets. I hope that all makes sense! ‍♀
Makes total sense, thank you! :heart: I will call Calgary tomorrow and see if they still have the cream leopard, if not, maybe a plain one. Good eye on the sizing of the loop fringe (I was also interested in this, but I didn’t they would be in Canada!) — that could have been a disappointment!

Reactions: pinkrose398
Makes total sense, thank you! :heart: I will call Calgary tomorrow and see if they still have the cream leopard, if not, maybe a plain one. Good eye on the sizing of the loop fringe (I was also interested in this, but I didn’t they would be in Canada!) — that could have been a disappointment!
Did you end up getting the leopard print blanket? I want to ask if my SA in Vancouver can place an order for me from Calgary.

Did you end up getting the leopard print blanket? I want to ask if my SA in Vancouver can place an order for me from Calgary.
Hi pinkrose, I haven't had a chance to call today, but I did order a blanket yesterday as a send / sale gift for a friend of mine. I *thought* I had ordered the Stone / Cream (as I was told that only this, and black/white were available), so I didn't get one for myself, as I have that colour already. But when I received my email confirmation, the colour was actually Camel / Stone, which I wouldn't mind getting for myself, as I was hoping for Camel / Black, but was told Canada didn't get this combo.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 5.20.05 PM.png

The thumbnail looks a little mustard / pink to me, but one of the lovely ladies in the main Anni Sale forum said she saw it IRL and it's not at all, and thought it was beautiful, which was very reassuring! HTH!

If you are able to get the throw, let me know which colour you get!!

Reactions: pinkrose398
Hi pinkrose, I haven't had a chance to call today, but I did order a blanket yesterday as a send / sale gift for a friend of mine. I *thought* I had ordered the Stone / Cream (as I was told that only this, and black/white were available), so I didn't get one for myself, as I have that colour already. But when I received my email confirmation, the colour was actually Camel / Stone, which I wouldn't mind getting for myself, as I was hoping for Camel / Black, but was told Canada didn't get this combo.

View attachment 4821581

The thumbnail looks a little mustard / pink to me, but one of the lovely ladies in the main Anni Sale forum said she saw it IRL and it's not at all, and thought it was beautiful, which was very reassuring! HTH!

If you are able to get the throw, let me know which colour you get!!
Thanks for responding! How did you do the send/sale gift? Did the Vancouver store help you order it? I texted my Vancouver SA who said she can help me order from the system, so fingers crossed I get something. I really wanted the plaid design in the stone-cream but I was told they didn't have that (or it's sold out already).

Reactions: VancouverLady