Tiffany Jazz bracelet 3.60 tcw

Home2020

Aug 10, 2020
Hi!

Long time reader first time poster. Please also tell me if I need to post this in a different section.

So while I have been saving up for a Tiffany Jazz bracelet to buy in the store I can not help but scan the internet in the hopes a real one might show up.

Here are my questions for the Tiffany experts: The first picture shows the original from the Tiffany website but there is not much info. I contacted them via email to ask for details. It is 7 inches long, has 40 diamonds of G-J quality with VVS1-VS2 inclusions. I forgot to ask for the weight in grams.

There are now two of such bracelets on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co...596061?hash=item443f0d0d1d:g:fCoAAOSwoxVc~B1I

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

These two bracelets look very much alike. But they are not what Tiffany describes: they have more diamonds if I can trust just counting the diamonds in a picture, are longer, the last one has even an certificate stating that the diamond color is E which would be higher than what Tiffany says. I also tried to look for the diamond certificate that is posted in the last one but can not find the AGI certificate number online and have not gotten an email back from AGI.

I also noticed that in both bracelets the diamond order on ebay is different than on Tiffany. The original in the picture starts with the smaller diamonds next to the clasps on both sides. Both ebay bracelets start with the bigger round bezel next to the clasps. And while I am sure that these things can be altered in pre-owned pieces I doubt that two would be made exactly the same. Also the ebay bracelets seems very long for average Tiffany bracelet sizes.

While I am not trying to buy any of these bracelets I am just wondering if these are counterfeit copies or if Tiffany has such variations for one piece. And what does the AGI certificate then mean.

Thank you very much.

A

Tiff.png

Hi!

Long time reader first time poster. Please also tell me if I need to post this in a different section.

So while I have been saving up for a Tiffany Jazz bracelet to buy in the store I can not help but scan the internet in the hopes a real one might show up.

Here are my questions for the Tiffany experts: The first picture shows the original from the Tiffany website but there is not much info. I contacted them via email to ask for details. It is 7 inches long, has 40 diamonds of G-J quality with VVS1-VS2 inclusions. I forgot to ask for the weight in grams.

There are now two of such bracelets on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co...596061?hash=item443f0d0d1d:g:fCoAAOSwoxVc~B1I

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-Diamond-Bracelet/283754536121?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

These two bracelets look very much alike. But they are not what Tiffany describes: they have more diamonds if I can trust just counting the diamonds in a picture, are longer, the last one has even an certificate stating that the diamond color is E which would be higher than what Tiffany says. I also tried to look for the diamond certificate that is posted in the last one but can not find the AGI certificate number online and have not gotten an email back from AGI.

I also noticed that in both bracelets the diamond order on ebay is different than on Tiffany. The original in the picture starts with the smaller diamonds next to the clasps on both sides. Both ebay bracelets start with the bigger round bezel next to the clasps. And while I am sure that these things can be altered in pre-owned pieces I doubt that two would be made exactly the same. Also the ebay bracelets seems very long for average Tiffany bracelet sizes.

While I am not trying to buy any of these bracelets I am just wondering if these are counterfeit copies or if Tiffany has such variations for one piece. And what does the AGI certificate then mean.

Thank you very much.

A

View attachment 4815821

The standard length for this bracelet is 7 inches. I could caution buying a preloved one if it is longer unless the seller confirms it was lengthened by Tiffany. Otherwise, I think this bracelet is stunning and you should get it.

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
The standard length for this bracelet is 7 inches. I could caution buying a preloved one if it is longer unless the seller confirms it was lengthened by Tiffany. Otherwise, I think this bracelet is stunning and you should get it.
I purchased this bracelet appx 3 years ago at a T&C boutique. It was quite long. 71/2 inches at least. I wore it for a while since I loved it, and didn’t want to part with it. Then it was sent off to NYC for shortening. When it was returned, the bracelet “kinked” up and didn’t swing smoothly. T&C were great about it and sent it back to repair immed. Came back the same way. After a month of waiting and no longer confident about the fix, I decided to exchange for another of their diamond bracelets. So, yes, this bracelet may actually be longer than most in its original form...and beads up on the shortening! It is a beautiful bracelet, though.

Thank you for the answer. I agree that it is too risky to get this second hand at such a high price and not enough original documentation.
I am working my way up to the real thing. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: etudes

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Roshika. I am surprised that there are such variances. I am no where close to buy it and will try it out on in the store.
It is just sooo pretty. The smaller one too that has only one set of bezel sizes.
And good to know Tiffany is accommodating and will work with me.

Without getting too personal but when you wore it long where you worried that you might lose it?

Thanks again

A

The bracelet and clasp are very solid. I had no worries about losing the bracelet. I normally don’t like to alter new jewelry, but the length was clearly too long. I actually also owned the delicate bezel bracelet you mentioned. I exchanged it for the larger because the petite Jazz bracelet seemed to disappear on my narrow wrist without bright lighting. Just looked like a grey string. So yes...I certainly tried and played around. Both of these Jazz bracelets are very pretty.