Cabat for travel?

Lala-purse

O.G.
Sep 3, 2013
Hi,
I will be thankful if someone can chime in and inform me on the durability of BV leather.
I am looking for tote for work/travel. I have had an LV monogram Neverfull but sold as I found it too loud though it was really sturdy.
I am currently leaning towards Cabat but I am not sure on durability (never bought a BV except a silk knot clutch), please help me in deciding.
edit: I want don’t want to baby the bag, looking for a carefree bag

Reactions: RT1
I have used the Cabat as a travel tote. I have the medium size and it holds a small purse, books, iPad, change of clothes and small toilet kit. The strap can be snug on the shoulder especially if you’re wearing a coat, and like @880 pointed out, things can fall out. Some people use a scarf to tuck things in.

It sits well on most standard size roller bags but the strap isn’t long enough to align with the roller bag’s handle when that is fully extended. The straps are however wide enough to slide over the roller handle. Some roller bags have that attachment to add a smaller bag and it works with the Cabat although the Cabat may graze the floor especially if the roller is upright.

In terms of wear, mine have gone through security, been on airplane floors or shoved in the overhead, and the bag has held up just fine. With a BV, you’re likely to see some scuffing on the base corners first. The Cabat straps are smooth and those can get surface scratches or scuffs too. But in terms of general construction, you won’t see the weave breaking or wearing. In that sense, the Cabat is one of the hardiest bags out there.

Last edited:
Hi,
I will be thankful if someone can chime in and inform me on the durability of BV leather.
I am looking for tote for work/travel. I have had an LV monogram Neverfull but sold as I found it too loud though it was really sturdy.
I am currently leaning towards Cabat but I am not sure on durability (never bought a BV except a silk knot clutch), please help me in deciding.
edit: I want don’t want to baby the bag, looking for a carefree bag
Old BV or New BV? Under TM, the leather generally wears like iron. Under DL, I have no idea; I do believe he's taken some shortcuts, but leather is still leather - it should wear well for that price point.

Thank you ladies, I am so excited I will be a cabat owner, I was always reluctant because in my mind the woven straps could get pulled or snug. But its nice to know its durable, leather looks so luxurious and elegant though.

Thank you ladies, I am so excited I will be a cabat owner, I was always reluctant because in my mind the woven straps could get pulled or snug. But its nice to know its durable, leather looks so luxurious and elegant though.
You're welcome. Looking forward to the reveal thread! :heart:

I am hard on my travel items and the cabat will not disappoint you. If something does happen, BV has been fabulous about repairs. Let us know what you end up buying

Old BV or New BV? Under TM, the leather generally wears like iron. Under DL, I have no idea; I do believe he's taken some shortcuts, but leather is still leather - it should wear well for that price point.

@indiaink can you explain more on the shortcuts with the DL versions? I noticed the handles are sewn on different in this season’s bags, and the inside base also looks glued in versus sewn in (though I’m sure it’s not actually glued). I’m also considering a cabat and struggling to decide on new vs pre-loved. Thanks!

@indiaink can you explain more on the shortcuts with the DL versions? I noticed the handles are sewn on different in this season’s bags, and the inside base also looks glued in versus sewn in (though I’m sure it’s not actually glued). I’m also considering a cabat and struggling to decide on new vs pre-loved. Thanks!
@Seeeca I really can’t, which is why I wrote that I had no idea - it’s been mainly from observations here in the forum, and in looking at photos of old vs new. @V0N1B2 would most likely be able to give you exact information, as she is our eagle-eyed and in-person observer - she’s been to boutiques to see DL items, I believe...