After 2 times of wearing this beautiful bag, the corner is peeling off

DrawitraLoveHermes

Sofa King Banned
Oct 30, 2015
Hi Guys, I bought the bag week ago and used twice. Today when I cleaned up after use before but her back to my closet I noticed this. I swear I baby my bag like crazy. Never bumped on anything. What should I do? It’s not a normal wear snd tear to me. Should I go back and get thecreplace?
Mini Reissue in Green 19B.

4DB591D8-EF98-4FD4-B389-28797064A545.jpeg

85EEC3EA-4DE9-4775-8312-08B3EF97FE65.jpeg

JMO, but the reason why I love reissues is the aged leather. Ive looked and honestly I don’t see anything wrong with your beautiful bag. I can barely see any peeling even with your markings and I think it’s likely that this is the nature of the skin and may have been there when you bought it. Although I am predominantly an Hermes bag person (I switched from Chanel in 2008), i did keep two metallic reissues and just bought a so black chevron reissue mini from the boutique, and your corners look very similar to ones I’ve seen in the boutique and on my new one. I hope that you can still enjoy your bag. The color is stunning and even if you return, it’s possible the next one will have this issue or others. Also, OT, but I recommend removing the plastic on the hw as it’s been my experience that it causes some discoloration and/or oxidization. :smile:

JMO, but the reason why I love reissues is the aged leather. Ive looked and honestly I don’t see anything wrong with your beautiful bag. I can barely see any peeling even with your markings and I think it’s likely that this is the nature of the skin and may have been there when you bought it. Although I am predominantly an Hermes bag person (I switched from Chanel in 2008), i did keep two metallic reissues and just bought a so black chevron reissue mini from the boutique, and your corners look very similar to ones I’ve seen in the boutique and on my new one. I hope that you can still enjoy your bag. The color is stunning and even if you return, it’s possible the next one will have this issue or others. Also, OT, but I recommend removing the plastic on the hw as it’s been my experience that it causes some discoloration and/or oxidization. :smile:
I don’t have the plastic on. In the picture it was on the day I purchased. I removed everything and used twice. The mark
Is showing a color fading away after 2 time of using. It bothers me.

Reactions: 880
agree with heytheredelilah and sushibunny above^. :smile:

You should of course do whatever makes you happy! Pls keep us posted and good luck with your bag!

agree with heytheredelilah and sushibunny above^. :smile:

You should of course do whatever makes you happy! Pls keep us posted and good luck with your bag!
It makes me nervous. I used twice only that make the color fade away. What’s about if I keep using for year. Im afraid my SA will see me as a trouble client.

Reactions: 880
I see it, although minor but I can understand why you are bothered by this....last week I was in the Chanel boutique looking at the 20a collection mini reissue in white and there was an obvious peel at the bottom of the bag, I showed the SA and he said he will send it to repairs or something like that-tbh I think he just said that to me and won’t bother as he didn’t seem to care. Anyway, I looked at another 2, navy and red and they too had issues with very tight threads on the corners. Honestly after seeing this it put me off and didn’t look luxurious to me at all. I am not willing to pay that price only for the name, as I expect a quality bag, not necessarily a perfect bag. I’m really getting put off by Chanel now.

I see it, although minor but I can understand why you are bothered by this....last week I was in the Chanel boutique looking at the 20a collection mini reissue in white and there was an obvious peel at the bottom of the bag, I showed the SA and he said he will send it to repairs or something like that-tbh I think he just said that to me and won’t bother as he didn’t seem to care. Anyway, I looked at another 2, navy and red and they too had issues with very tight threads on the corners. Honestly after seeing this it put me off and didn’t look luxurious to me at all. I am not willing to pay that price only for the name, as I expect a quality bag, not necessarily a perfect bag. I’m really getting put off by Chanel now.
Very disappointed. I hope my SA would help.

I totally agreed! My most recent purchase the coco handle 20A beige has a few issues (Poor stitching on the handle. crooked stitches on the inside, tight stitches on the corner and scuffed leather on a few spots etc) I am very disappointed but I love the color combo so much and it was sold out everywhere so I decided to keep it. I know the bag will get some mark and wears eventually but for a premium designer, my bag really shouldn't have pass quality check. I told my husband this is the last chanel bag I will probably purchase because the quality and the price is going in the opposite direction and not in a good way.

I personally prefer vintage chanel because the quality is just so much better IMO but those are hard to come by and with so many counterfeit it make me nervous buying preloved.

P.s if your SA is not helpful email the pictures to Chanel customer service
They can be more helpful. Good luck!

That looks like normal wear to me. Even magnified in the photo, it is barely noticeable - not magnified it must only be about 2mm, right? That will happen with any leather bag.
Normal wear and tear after twice used? Im wearing satin blouse while I shouldered my bag for 2 times. The color getting flaky off already. I don’t think so. In person the mark is easy to notice. Thanks anyway for your input.❤️

I totally agreed! My most recent purchase the coco handle 20A beige has a few issues (Poor stitching on the handle. crooked stitches on the inside, tight stitches on the corner and scuffed leather on a few spots etc) I am very disappointed but I love the color combo so much and it was sold out everywhere so I decided to keep it. I know the bag will get some mark and wears eventually but for a premium designer, my bag really shouldn't have pass quality check. I told my husband this is the last chanel bag I will probably purchase because the quality and the price is going in the opposite direction and not in a good way.

I personally prefer vintage chanel because the quality is just so much better IMO but those are hard to come by and with so many counterfeit it make me nervous buying preloved.

P.s if your SA is not helpful email the pictures to Chanel customer service
They can be more helpful. Good luck!
Thank you, to see wear and tear after carefully worn twice is unacceptable to me. Thank you