Which one and why? LV petite sac plat or Gucci marmont super mini bag?

Which one would you get?

• Total voters

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hello my lovely tpf members, have a quick question for everyone today. I’m looking at replacing my current run around bag (not a luxury brand which I have had for years, time to get rid of it) and am deciding between the 2 bags. Just wanted to know if anyone has both and can comment, or even just your opinions on which one and why would be great. Any thoughts, comments or feedback would be helpful. Pros and cons.

I know they are both very small in size, and from the YouTube reviews I’ve watched they fit very similar amounts. I guess the question is, is it worth adding more money to get the LV which is a canvas bag as aposed to the Gucci leather one which is lesser in price. In my country the difference is price is around $600.

I like the LV because it’s so cute, and it’s something just released so very exciting, but the bad side is going to try and hunt one down which I don’t know if I’m able to get it because I’m late to the party again. Lol I was going to preorder but wasn’t 100% on the side for the price, but then saw all your lovelies post it and I feel in love.

The Gucci I like too because it’s all leather and nice, soft and squishy. It has a flap closure so somewhat secure, and can be worn various ways. The bad side is the design has been around for years, so not sure if it maybe on the way out, and also with the chain I’m sure totally sold on either.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts. If you think I should get none and have another suggestion please let me know. I also have the nano turenne which I have been using a lot too during this pandemic for my errands, so wanted something new

7C31A9FE-0A6A-4CC8-A436-C795D1944EBE.jpeg

050B2D9C-243A-41DD-9ADB-2C920BB60597.jpeg

Reactions: Starbux32
Hello my lovely tpf members, have a quick question for everyone today. I’m looking at replacing my current run around bag (not a luxury brand which I have had for years, time to get rid of it) and am deciding between the 2 bags. Just wanted to know if anyone has both and can comment, or even just your opinions on which one and why would be great. Any thoughts, comments or feedback would be helpful. Pros and cons.

I know they are both very small in size, and from the YouTube reviews I’ve watched they fit very similar amounts. I guess the question is, is it worth adding more money to get the LV which is a canvas bag as aposed to the Gucci leather one which is lesser in price. In my country the difference is price is around $600.

I like the LV because it’s so cute, and it’s something just released so very exciting, but the bad side is going to try and hunt one down which I don’t know if I’m able to get it because I’m late to the party again. Lol I was going to preorder but wasn’t 100% on the side for the price, but then saw all your lovelies post it and I feel in love.

The Gucci I like too because it’s all leather and nice, soft and squishy. It has a flap closure so somewhat secure, and can be worn various ways. The bad side is the design has been around for years, so not sure if it maybe on the way out, and also with the chain I’m sure totally sold on either.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts. If you think I should get none and have another suggestion please let me know. I also have the nano turenne which I have been using a lot too during this pandemic for my errands, so wanted something new

View attachment 4815294

View attachment 4815295
Would you be concerned about the open top? It’s a tiny bag so it depends how much you will carry...

I’m returning my Marmont mini. The chain strap is a pain - heavy and always banging around. I’ve been using my nano noe a lot instead. Like the sac plat it has an open top which I have found super convinient for pulling my phone in and out.

I’m returning my Marmont mini. The chain strap is a pain - heavy and always banging around. I’ve been using my nano noe a lot instead. Like the sac plat it has an open top which I have found super convinient for pulling my phone in and out.
Yes the chain would be an issue I was thinking too. Thanks for sharing. Helps a lot especially since I have never seen it in person and not much info on the Gucci forum.

Reactions: imetazoa
I think if it was a bigger bag with a large opening I would be worried, but since it’s a small bag I think it should be fine. Are you enjoying your petite sac plat? Any cons?
I havent used it yet but happy it fits the phone....no cons that I can think of. Will the Gucci bag lose its shape? I like that sac plat is more structured...I think you should get it!

Hi Bumbles.. Are you reading my mind ? Since yesterday, I am thinking to get the same Gucci marmont but in black. I am torn between black or red or the canvas version..
Haha.. so you know what is my vote..
Good luck on deciding dear..

I havent used it yet but happy it fits the phone....no cons that I can think of. Will the Gucci bag lose its shape? I like that sac plat is more structured...I think you should get it!
Thanks great advice. I will check out what the availability is, or should I say how long the wait is. The Gucci does look like it will get stretched with time, and also won’t hold the structure as well as the sac plat.

Hi Bumbles.. Are you reading my mind ? Since yesterday, I am thinking to get the same Gucci marmont but in black. I am torn between black or red or the canvas version..
Haha.. so you know what is my vote..
Good luck on deciding dear..
Hi @balen.girl really? We have similar taste in things I think with the Gucci I want to get red, but I know the black is more versatile, and also if I get bored of it and decide to sell, black would be easier to sell than red. I’m still torn between the Gucci and LV though. Also as Gucci is readily available, and I can buy straight away. Whereas LV for us we really have to chase it down and wait and wait forever which is so frustrating. I know you know exactly what I’m talking abt. Will keep you updated on what i decide or can get hahaha

Hi @balen.girl really? We have similar taste in things I think with the Gucci I want to get red, but I know the black is more versatile, and also if I get bored of it and decide to sell, black would be easier to sell than red. I’m still torn between the Gucci and LV though. Also as Gucci is readily available, and I can buy straight away. Whereas LV for us we really have to chase it down and wait and wait forever which is so frustrating. I know you know exactly what I’m talking abt. Will keep you updated on what i decide or can get hahaha
Yeeess.. I need some break from chasing my SA for selling bags to me. Hahaha..
That’s the beauty of other brand, when you want it, you will get it. No need to begging your SA. :biggrin:
Apart from that, honestly this super mini bag is so cute..! I am eyeing since long time ago, but I was working before, so I cannot use that super mini bag to work. Can’t fit my stuff. Since I am a full time mum now, I can get this bag to company me sending kids to school and classes.:P

I just received the PSP and it is every bit as cute in person. That is the big pro; it also has a removable strap so handheld is more practical and you can interchange other straps which I like vs. nano noe & speedy.

The cons are obvious- it is a tiny bag. Holds less than the nanos. If you carry your phone, it takes up a lot of real estate leaving only room for maybe a cles, a 4-key holder and maybe a sample-size hand sanitizer and a lipstick and maybe a pen. That is it. I do not think the fact it is open at the top really is a concern since it is narrow and long and items sit pretty tight inside.

I am unfamiliar with the Gucci. I am sure it is adorable as well. Let us know what you decide.

Reactions: joylisajo
Hey Bumbles... I vote for the LV. I had the Marmont in the next size up and found the chain a bit annoying. I still have my Gucci woc, but if I could get a leather strap for it I would. Good luck.

Reactions: Bumbles
Yeeess.. I need some break from chasing my SA for selling bags to me. Hahaha..
That’s the beauty of other brand, when you want it, you will get it. No need to begging your SA. :biggrin:
Apart from that, honestly this super mini bag is so cute..! I am eyeing since long time ago, but I was working before, so I cannot use that super mini bag to work. Can’t fit my stuff. Since I am a full time mum now, I can get this bag to company me sending kids to school and classes.:P
Sounds great! Any mini bag is always adorable and cute. I love mini bags!

Reactions: balen.girl
The super mini is a fantastic evening bag - it will be able to fit everything you need without distorting the shape. You can also wear it as a belt bag, shoulder bag with the chain doubled and crossbody. I also think for a full leather bag its a fantastic price. :smile: I also think it will be easier to dress up or dress down than the LV, just because it's plain leather and will go with many outfits. The super mini Dionysus is also gorgeous and comes in many variations.