Cartier thin small/Love bracelet thread

Hi ladies,
I just purchased my thin love today, and I literally worn it the minute I got home!
As I was admiring it, I noticed that there’s quite a big gap in the hinge ...I didn’t notice this when I was inspecting it in the store....is this normal???

B92D21E4-609D-4C1B-9620-5AADF44F3E34.jpeg

check this thread. someone recently had the same question a gap on the closure of their thin love. my thin love does not have this gap on either side.

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepyD
One more comment I just checked if I hear or feel some clicking on my small ones and ... yes. I believe it's because of the locking mechanism which is different than on the regular ones.

I agree. This discussion has been mentioned on some other threads previously also.

The small Love does have a small clicking sound because there’s a little “give room” as I like to call it for the hinge mechanism to work.

I notice it if I push/pull the bracelet apart a little (depending on its current position, creating the small clicking sound), and I think it does have to do with the hinge design of the bracelet as the classic is not like that, being flush and tight on both sides of the screws.

Last edited:
did this gap happen over time or were they like that new? i checked my thin love and it’s tight on both sides
Good question, I would like to know too. I bought this yesterday and honestly didn’t see any gap in the store (but now I’m doubting myself, in my excitement, wondering if I checked it carefully enough! ) . I wore the bracelet for most of the day and noticed the gap in the evening.

From your picture, that is not the side where you use the screwdriver. There is a slight gap on that side, which is normal. Whereas, there shouldn’t be a gap on the side where you use the screwdriver.
That’s right, the gap is on the hinge side. The screw side there is no gap and it’s tight. I do hear a clicking sound when I gently squeeze the bracelet together tho.

Reactions: Chaton