40th bday present - LV cerises speedy or Dior black oblique saddle??

Predatormom

Jul 28, 2020
Hi all,

The conundrum is pretty much in the title...it’s my 40th soon and I’m getting some money from my folks that I’d like to put towards a special bag. The LV cherry speedy has been on my wishlist since it came out the first time, as has the Dior saddle, and I’m struggling to decide which one to go for! any thoughts? Xx

I'm assuming that you will be getting them pre-owned, given that the cherry Speedy came out years ago.

Perhaps you can decide based on what colours you normally wear. If you wear a lot of warm, earth tones, then the Speedy would be a better option. If you wear more cool tones, then the Saddle would be better.

I'm assuming that you will be getting them pre-owned, given that the cherry Speedy came out years ago.

Perhaps you can decide based on what colours you normally wear. If you wear a lot of warm, earth tones, then the Speedy would be a better option. If you wear more cool tones, then the Saddle would be better.

yep, definitely pre-owned - my budget wouldn’t stretch to brand new anyway :smile:

good suggestion about tones...I wear a lot of cool tones being a ‘winter’ so the saddle is really the most practical choice in that respect. I admit I’m not really a brown kind of person so I’ve never been into LV as a rule for exactly that reason. I’ve got a long running cherry fetish though so am really torn I guess I’d have to wear the cerises with all the red/green/white items in my wardrobe (and jeans obvs) to make it match. The saddle would go with much more! Urgh, so hard but a good decision to have to make!

Reactions: averagejoe
I have both and really don't use the cherry speedy too much as I find it hard to pair with my outfits. I love my saddle bag and find it very versatile. The speedy holds a lot more, so depending on what you normally carry, that might help you decide. Either way you can't go wrong, but my vote goes to the saddle bag...I have mad love for the bag!

Reactions: averagejoe
I have both and really don't use the cherry speedy too much as I find it hard to pair with my outfits. I love my saddle bag and find it very versatile. The speedy holds a lot more, so depending on what you normally carry, that might help you decide. Either way you can't go wrong, but my vote goes to the saddle bag...I have mad love for the bag!
Thanks for that! Maybe I’ll aim to get both too eventually ;)

I much prefer smaller bags and use my Chloe faye mini backpack loooooads so I think the saddle size would be just fine :smile: I hear you with outfit pairing...I’ve been thinking this over and I think I would have to wear the LV every time I cracked out a neutral outfit in order to get my wear! The Dior would go with more things colourwise but would the oblique mean that it would still need neutral-ish outfits as there’s a lot going on with the print? Do you find that?

Thanks for that! Maybe I’ll aim to get both too eventually ;)

I much prefer smaller bags and use my Chloe faye mini backpack loooooads so I think the saddle size would be just fine :smile: I hear you with outfit pairing...I’ve been thinking this over and I think I would have to wear the LV every time I cracked out a neutral outfit in order to get my wear! The Dior would go with more things colourwise but would the oblique mean that it would still need neutral-ish outfits as there’s a lot going on with the print? Do you find that?
Surprisingly I do not find it difficult to pair with my outfits. I do wear a lot of neutrals, but even neutrals with patterns look great with this bag. IMHO the speedy is everywhere, although it is a unique variation, but the saddle bag elevates even the most boring of outfits. I am seriously considering getting another one at some point because I love it so much! Here is a picture of mine with the Dior strap. I hope that helps!IMG_1454.jpeg