Jackie and Bouvier Bag Club!

rowy65

O.G.
Sep 15, 2012
The obsession is real. Watching @mixlv YouTube video sealed the deal, so thanks for that. I impulsively picked up the nubuck version on EBay the other day. I had been obsessed with that version ever since I missed out on it a few years back. I’m getting ready to purchase another vintage one with the stiffer Supreme canvas that @papertiger kindly authenticated for me. Can you have more than 1 Jackie? Tpf is always dangerous for me :-s

The obsession is real. Watching @mixlv YouTube video sealed the deal, so thanks for that. I impulsively picked up the nubuck version on EBay the other day. I had been obsessed with that version ever since I missed out on it a few years back. I’m getting ready to purchase another vintage one with the stiffer Supreme canvas that @papertiger kindly authenticated for me. Can you have more than 1 Jackie? Tpf is always dangerous for me :-s

You could easily have more than one size, very different colour or skin. You could def have a larger Bouvier (the original flatter shape with no gusset) plus a smaller Jackie which is something I'm thinking about for next year (I already have a Bouvier).

Yes you can! :smile: i love the Jackie style, and always ponder the ostrich trims
Thanks for that! I’m actually gravitating towards vintage. My new to me Jackie with the nubuck trim just arrived today and I love it. I really thought I would like it with the strap extender but loving it as a shoulder bag for now. On the hunt now for a Tom Ford Jackie now :graucho:DD610E36-82F3-4412-9B92-29A75BBE5B5B.jpeg238D4E86-2AC2-4253-A4B8-E1C350878796.jpeg

7B40427D-0427-43E2-B268-6B2EF8717344.jpeg

I love this style! It’s the Tom Ford clasp I think! Congrats on this beauty.
I thank you all for the postings. I don’t always remember my past purchases unless it is one of my favorite bags. I am so happy I didn’t give away all of my old bags. However I am kicking myself for at least 5 bags which I should have kept.

Last edited:
Once this Club has gained some momentum I can move it to the Clubhouse.

Please add your own Jackies and Bouviers from whatever era, chat and discuss anything and everything Jackie/Bouvier

The Bouvier is flatter and has NO gusset - it was first created in the late 1950s

The Jackie is deeper and HAS a gusset - it was first created in the early 1960s

Both were carried by Jackie Bouvier/Kennedy/Onassis (she also carried the H Trim I & II - first made in the same years) and have been reissued many, many times.

Got these great pics from internet articles on the history and evolution of the Jackie bag. 6BD86082-F63B-46C4-A652-4DADA151033C.jpeg
https://rebag.com/thevault/gucci-101-jackie-bag/

6E4BBC4E-4A35-40E5-80FB-B4588360C719.jpegBarbra Streisand from the 60’s

2F2BF3BC-F37E-408A-85BC-D469ADDCB66B.jpeg

Last edited: