Please help me chose-B30 blue nuit rghw or K28 etan ghw

mikoko

May 5, 2013
Hello!
I’m planning on my next bag purchase and can’t decide which one to get.

Either Kelly28 Retourne in etan with gold hardware evercolor or
Birkin30 in blue nuit with rose gold hardware togo
(Both preloved)

I have b35 black with ghw, b30 Tosca with phw, k28 havana with ghw, Kelly dance bordeaux with phw

I was originally drawn to b30 in blue nuit as it looks so gorgeous with rghw.
But when I saw k28 etan, the color seems so neutral that I knew I will use it a lot.
Also, im thinking that blue nuit could be too similar to black

If you’d choose, which would you pick??
Thank you in advance!

Both would add something to your very nice sounding collection. Like me, it seems you like having variety, colours and hardware. I don't have any RG. I have phw, ghw, permabrass and a couple of no hardware. I have very little rg jewellery though and I don't feel like I'm missing out.

However, I have an Etain bag and I find it great for the Summer when I want my neutral to be lighter but still fairly carefree. So I agree with you there.

But, you already have Havane and black with ghw, soooo perhaps a dark blue with rghw would be a great addition? It will count as a blue when you want BLUE, but surprisingly nice as a neutral too - I love it against black for instance.

My only worry is about people saying the rg wears off after a while. How would you feel if the rg wasn't so noticeable in a while?

Reactions: mikoko
Thank you so much for your very helpful input, papertiger!

I didn’t know that rg could wear over time... (I didn’t do enough research!)
I think I would still love it even if it became more goldish but may be not as much as I love rg.

But I’m now more drawn to blue nuit as you mentioned it’s a great neutral and I wear a lot of black.

It’s so hard to decide!

Reactions: papertiger
Do you mind adding the leather types of the bags you already have (and is the K28 you already have Sellier or Retourne)?

Last edited:

I think I would still love it even if it became more goldish but may be not as much as I love rg.

But I’m now more drawn to blue nuit as you mentioned it’s a great neutral and I wear a lot of black.

It’s so hard to decide!

I didn't realise either. It takes someone who has owned one for a while. I would love it too so long as it was a uniform colour all over.

Maybe give this a read.

Do you mind adding the leather types of the bags you already have (and is the K28 you already have Sellier or Retourne)?

Sorry for not mentioning the leather types earlier!

The leather types are
B35 in fjord
B30 in swift
K28 retourne in clemence
Kelly dance in swift

Although I have 2 in swift and like the softness of the leather, it is delicate so I think I prefer clemanceand fjord over swift which are more resistant.

I didn't realise either. It takes someone who has owned one for a while. I would love it too so long as it was a uniform colour all over.

Maybe give this a read.

Thank you so much!
Will read them through and think about the possibility of wear of rghw and if I could really love it incase if it’s not a uniform wear.

Reactions: papertiger
I do have similar bags with your choices and you really can't go wrong with both. Between the two and given your current bags, I would pick the B30 blue nuit over the K28 just because you already have a neutral K28 retourne. The blue nuit does look like black indoors (when it's darker) but it is a pretty blue otherwise.

I vote B30 Bleu Nuit based on everything you said about your collection. To me there is greater difference between the two B30s than there are between the two K28s. If that makes sense. But seriously no wrong choice here!

Thank you odette and momoc for your inputs!

From looking at all of your comments, I think I’m going to get blue nuit if I can love rghw even if it wears over time.

It’s so hard to decide!
you cant go wrong but i would vote for the B
That combo is super special!