Iridescent Beige CF Warped Inside Flap

shmumpkin

May 15, 2020
Hi ladies, have any of you seen this in any of your Chanel pieces? I purchased it brand new through a reputable personal shopper and I just noticed it. I’ve submitted it for authentication, but I’m now wondering if this is a common problem. :sad:

9036B986-329D-4256-90FD-8408E9A7CB55.jpeg

Sometimes the leather in pockets will stick together and if left a a while it'll have a bit of that uneven( bubbly) look. I started to put felt divider in the pocket because of this same thing happening to one of my bags where the leather stuck together and left looking that what you have on your photo.
Also from what I can see your bag looks authentic, fakes usually don't have very pores leather on the inner lining of the bag.
Hope that helps :amuse:

Sometimes the leather in pockets will stick together and if left a a while it'll have a bit of that uneven( bubbly) look. I started to put felt divider in the pocket because of this same thing happening to one of my bags where the leather stuck together and left looking that what you have on your photo.
Also from what I can see your bag looks authentic, fakes usually don't have very pores leather on the inner lining of the bag.
Hope that helps :amuse:
That’s so reassuring to hear- I’m new to buying Chanel, so I guess I freaked out a little bit when I saw it. Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: Sushibunny
Very common. I've had it happen with many of my bags, usually flaps but some others, too. It happens with my Hermes bags, too, it's not a Chanel issue, but leather in general. I usually put a piece of felt or tissue in the pocket, or something soft to line them. Perhaps if someone uses the pockets this won't happen? I never use the pockets so I always figured it was because they kind of stick together after a while from non-use. The back pocket does it too.

Reactions: shmumpkin
Is the bag from 19SS? If so, it’s normal. The iridescent caviar on CFs ( beige, blue, green, pink ) from that specific collection is unfortunately incredibly thin but the colours are all super pretty tho.
Very common. I've had it happen with many of my bags, usually flaps but some others, too. It happens with my Hermes bags, too, it's not a Chanel issue, but leather in general. I usually put a piece of felt or tissue in the pocket, or something soft to line them. Perhaps if someone uses the pockets this won't happen? I never use the pockets so I always figured it was because they kind of stick together after a while from non-use. The back pocket does it too.
Thank you both, ladies! Really appreciate the reassurance. I had no idea this was an issue with leather in general.

Reactions: snowing may