Gold earrings below $1k?

May 16, 2020
I am looking for new earrings but need real gold (my holes get infected otherwise) indeed to stay below $1000.
Obviously most brand names will be out.

I would like a drop or dangling earring, not studs.
Where do I even look?
I checked macys, Nordstrom (thought maybe w the sale), bloomies but nothing caught my eye.
Would love some ideas, links etc .
Thank you!

Look at some of Geog Jenson'e earrings.

They are more known for silver so their fine gold jewellery is quite reasonable.

Jaqueline Ruban (from the US) is far more affordable from GJ than she is independently.

See her Offspring and Mercy 18K gold earrings - both under $1K

Tiffany has a bunch of earrings under a $1000

I was going to say just this, OP you might be pleasantly surprised at what you can find under the £1k mark at Tiffany. If you prefer drops they do have a few pairs of those too in that price bracket.

I second the recommendation for Georg Jensen - I don’t know if you like gemstones but I have a pair of beautiful citrine drop earrings in 18k yellow gold by GJ which were around £650 from memory.

Kiki McDonough and Annoushka have some 18k gold earrings under the £1k mark and Blue Nile is also worth a look for more affordable 18k gold pieces.

I am looking for new earrings but need real gold (my holes get infected otherwise) indeed to stay below $1000.

Where do I even look?
I checked macys, Nordstrom (thought maybe w the sale), bloomies but nothing caught my eye.
Thank you!

Do they have to be brand new? If not, I suggest checking out your local pawn shops, they often have some really good deals. You can always clean the earrings if you’re concerned about germs and bacteria.

Reactions: Onebagtoomany
For your budget, there are plenty of 18k gold choices out there. In addition to what the ladies mentioned above, there is also Etsy should you prefer something unbranded.

For contemporary brand/style, Maria Tash offers a huge variety of earring styles.

Reactions: A bottle of Red

Where do I even look?
Thank you!

Etsy! There are plenty of talented, reputable artisans on Etsy who make gorgeous jewelry in a variety of styles and price points there, from vintage to modern. I buy most of my jewelry there. Type in a couple key words for types and metals - ie: “14k minimalist studs” or “18k simple hoops” - and go from there. The best part is that you can often have pieces customized if you find a metalsmith! Good luck!

Reactions: A bottle of Red