Can I fix my vachetta handle?

So I just got my beautiful graceful mm for my birthday last month. I went to dinner with my husband and came home to a black mark on my handle. I used a clean white eraser, water wipe, then the next day I used apple care conditioner. My handle still has a slight mark and the vachetta looks discolored. It’s driving me crazy. Will the patina even out the color? Is this something Louis Vuitton can even fix? I can no afford to replace handle right now. Or can I bring it to a shoe repair place that’s specializes in vachetta? Please any advice is appreciated. I will attach a picture. Thanks ladies.

9FDDFE03-5381-457E-AED3-B7B5A365B324.jpeg

at this point I would say stop treating the leather with anything, it has taken a lot already. Boutiques won't help because that's the nature of the vachetta.
I would simply remove the strap and let it rest under the sun or the light for couple hours to let the patina even out the the leather

at this point I would say stop treating the leather with anything, it has taken a lot already. Boutiques won't help because that's the nature of the vachetta.
I would simply remove the strap and let it rest under the sun or the light for couple hours to let the patina even out the the leather
I will try that! Thank you

Reactions: Lodpah
which brand of wet wipe?
LV could “fix” it by replacing the strap. Before going to that, though, I would be inclined to wipe the whole strap down with the wet wipe the follow with conditioner. I actually wipe all my brand new vachetta down when I get it and it does a great job of evenly protecting the patina.

Reactions: Lodpah
When I got my Propriano in 2017 I got some stains on the front plate and I was devastated. But I left it alone and with further normal use the patina got darker and the stains are not visible anymore. If you don‘t want to replace the handle I would just leave it and wait for patina which even it‘s out.

So I just got my beautiful graceful mm for my birthday last month. I went to dinner with my husband and came home to a black mark on my handle. I used a clean white eraser, water wipe, then the next day I used apple care conditioner. My handle still has a slight mark and the vachetta looks discolored. It’s driving me crazy. Will the patina even out the color? Is this something Louis Vuitton can even fix? I can no afford to replace handle right now. Or can I bring it to a shoe repair place that’s specializes in vachetta? Please any advice is appreciated. I will attach a picture. Thanks ladies.

View attachment 4788885
So I’m curious what you tried on the strap and how it turned out. Any update you can share? I recently got water spots on my strap and I haven’t touched them and I am trying to figure out what to do with it

Reactions: GaMomJRM and Lodpah