How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Saw this graphic on FB and found it interesting to share. The number of cases we have is mind blowing and this makes it even more mind blowing when you see countries like China leave the top 15 countries with cases and Italy who was also hit very hard leaving the top 15.

clearly our "leadership" is not doing what needs to be done....sad - we always thought we were the greatest country in the world

clearly our "leadership" is not doing what needs to be done....sad - we always thought we were the greatest country in the world

Sadly in this race we’re number 1 and this is not a race I think anyone wants to win.

Someone on my team reported his three year old daughter caught it. They're devastated. Our hearts and prayers are with him as she has been a cherished "little coworker"

That’s devastating I hope she has the strength to recover quickly.

Saw this graphic on FB and found it interesting to share. The number of cases we have is mind blowing and this makes it even more mind blowing when you see countries like China leave the top 15 countries with cases and Italy who was also hit very hard leaving the top 15.

Well, let's remember that nobody actually believed that China provided accurate numbers from the start. They may have it under control now but we'll never know what the true devastation was there.

Here's an update on the mystery seed story. While most of the seed packages are coming from China, some have also come from Uzbekistan, Solomon Islands, and areas of Russia. The seeds are various types of grasses, flowers, herbs, and melons. Many of the seeds have been described as being coated with something purple, possibly some kind of insecticide or fungicide.

A marketing scam is still considered to be the likely reason for the seeds.

That is a really staggering number of cases in the States. You have to wonder also if Russia is under reporting. It’s a huge county also with a huge population. There were reports of doctors jumping out of windows to escape the dire situation due to the large number of cases a month or so ago.

I got an email from NM advertising new lipsticks, then I realized that they don't fit my new lifestyle. Lipsticks and masks don't get along. This virus has been impacting our lifestyles in so many ways.

I'm very sorry for your loss @elvisfan4life and for all the TPF members & families that became sick during this pandemic. I can't wait for this to be past and this thread outdated.

I got an email from NM advertising new lipsticks, then I realized that they don't fit my new lifestyle. Lipsticks and masks don't get along. This virus has been impacting our lifestyles in so many ways.

I'm very sorry for your loss @elvisfan4life and for all the TPF members & families that became sick during this pandemic. I can't wait for this to be past and this thread outdated.
I was thinking lipstick (and other makeup) sales must be way down

I am responding to the original question in this thread, which I only saw today. Before the pandemic I was feeling in a rut mostly professionally, my commute was getting more stressful and because I had gym classes after work, I missed not spending a lot of time at with my husband who works from the house. Our management frowned upon formalizing remote working, so it was very frustrating for many of us who felt it was just a trust issue ... and we all knew we could do our work from home easily. So, in some sense the silver lining of all of this has been the ability to spend more time at home, and clearly demonstrating to our office leadership that we can work remotely. I feel the genie is out of the bottle, in that in the future, there should be no reason not to formalize such a schedule. But because my husband is a professional musician, one part of our income has dried up, and he is very heartbroken about not being able to play. We are in California, and for about a month he was starting to play again outdoors, socially distanced. And then our local town pulled the plug on that a few weeks ago. We at least enjoy being home together (and we feel fortunate to have a pool!). We also have an RV, so we were able to take our usual summer trip to the mountains and not deal with anyone. I had to go back home to New York a few months ago to help my elderly parents and need to go back again, but now it's harder because there is a quarantine rule in New York. So right now I feel like it's all starting to catch up with me, and I'm getting antsy to resume the normal world again. I am so thankful we are healthy, but I miss being able to visit family and friends, go to restaurants, listen to music, go to my gym and take classes or sit in the steam room and chat with others there, Etc. The only thing I don't miss is commuting to the office 5x a week. Wishing you all the best and that we get through this together soon.

I was thinking lipstick (and other makeup) sales must be way down
well, unless I'm going out with a mask, I do wear lipstick everyday because I am on Zoom meetings for work often. I have to admit, I don't do full I make up anymore, though. Only special meetings. I certainly don't spend as much on clothing, and I am often wearing shorts or a mismatched skirt since people only see the top part of me. So I do find I spend money still on tops, and earring and necklace accessorization has taken on a more prominent role!

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and 880