Dyson hair tools- worth it? Kerastase products? Help!

May 16, 2020
I have itchy sensitive scalp that gets greasy, combined with coarse thick hair.
I just got it cut w a kerastase scalp & hair treatment plus a blow out & omg I never knew my hair could look so nice.
Sleek, smooth, no frizz, not coarse, glamorous like in a shampoo ad!
It lasted 2 days, until I showered & used cheap products.
I don't have much time or energy to spend on blowing out or flat ironing my hair.
So I'm wondering if the kerastase products they used on me is worthwhile (if I can only air dry). It's super expensive.
And if I invest in a hair tool, is something like a dyson worthwhile? If not what do you recommend for fast, simple, excellent straight results?

I really want that stunning glamourous hair back! I felt sooo good !

Last edited:
It is the professional blow out, more than the products.
So train yourself how to blow out your hair, you can ask your stylist.
Also buy products that match your hair type.
unless your hair is pin straight and you live in the perfect climate, it would be hard to have super glossy hair without a Brazilian blow out or Japanese straightening treatment, imo.

Reactions: Sferics
I used a lot of Kerastase, now I like Olaplex. My hair is long, fine, but thick. Cheap products strip my hair. I have a couple of the Dyson dryers/stylers and honestly don't understand their hype. For a hand held blow dryer I prefer my Sedu Revolution. My flat iron is Sedu also when I want straight hair. Love it. My fave way to style my hair when I want it poofy and smooth after washing is to use some products, put in rollers, then sit under my large hood dryer while reading a book. The brand is Pibbs, model Kwik Dry, made in Italy, paid about $350 on Amazon for it about five years ago. Hair looks like I got a salon blowout and have gotten comments saying I must get it done all the time. As much as I like the Sedu iron for straight hair, I wonder if there's a better one, and am curious about the GHD Platinum iron. Hair products and tools are a never ending quest.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I used a lot of Kerastase, now I like Olaplex. My hair is long, fine, but thick. Cheap products strip my hair. I have a couple of the Dyson dryers/stylers and honestly don't understand their hype. For a hand held blow dryer I prefer my Sedu Revolution. My flat iron is Sedu also when I want straight hair. Love it. My fave way to style my hair when I want it poofy and smooth after washing is to use some products, put in rollers, then sit under my large hood dryer while reading a book. The brand is Pibbs, model Kwik Dry, made in Italy, paid about $350 on Amazon for it about five years ago. Hair looks like I got a salon blowout and have gotten comments saying I must get it done all the time. As much as I like the Sedu iron for straight hair, I wonder if there's a better one, and am curious about the GHD Platinum iron. Hair products and tools are a never ending quest.
I swear by my GHD flat iron! :heart:

Do the kerastase products help repair your scalp/hair over time?
I was so bummed that my hair only looked nice for 2 days and then went back to it's old self....
IMO, yes. Good products will improve skin/hair texture over time, just as products of less quality can damage skin/hair.

I think I know what you mean. I'd follow advice from salon pro's how to best care for your scalp. If I just let my hair air dry, it gets super curly and frizzy-ugh. In order to maintain the look after styling, I swear by using a silk pillowcase and even a silk hair cap in addition to the silk pillowcase. A regular pillowcase just destroys it and it's disheartening to see the styling efforts not last. Many times the second or third day I'll just straighten it with an iron. My husband likes to vacation on hot humid islands where I know my hair just turns to disaster, in those cases I bring along pony tail holders and hair paste to spackle it down. I asked a lot of local women in the Bahamas how they kept their hair so gorgeous and smooth, and they all said they use a lot of hair products and keep re-applying them all day long. People who have great hair with little effort are lucky.

I like Kerastase hair products, but I also like to switch it up because I think quite a lot of their shampoos contain silicon - or atleast I think they did? I ummed and aahed about the dyson hair dryer for over a year before I bought it and honestly it is good and I love it, but I also think it is very expensive for what it is. It does cut down on drying time and I find that it helps me with frizz - but I don't have particularly frizzy hair.

Kerastase is totally worth the money. I alternate between them and davines hair care. Dyson hair NOT worth the money I bought the blow dryer and it was a total dud. I exchanged it and the second one also didn’t work. I called dyson and they said that it must need to much power or something along these lines total BS. I took it to my work to see if it did the same thing there that it did at home, I work in a large warehouse/retail so no way we don’t have enough power to make it work. I tried it in several areas as I know the power grids and It did the same exact thing at my work that it did at home, work for a minute then stopped and the light was flashing. Ended up returning that too and never looked back. I love my GHD blow dryer and flat iron.

Wow you must have gotten a lemon!
Ordered some kerastase products and will start w a cheaper ceramic iron from Costco just to try to get the hang of styling my hair.
I know I can always return it and buy a better one if it doesn't work well.