Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

The genuine 9755 Pocket Purse has a single solid piece of leather making up the sides and base of the bag, with no seams at all. Most but probably not all of the fakes, including the one you asked about, have a center seam on the base.

Here's a genuine one:
View attachment 4806529

View attachment 4806532
Thank you. It was already removed from ebay before I could report it. That was fast! Will ebay tell the buyer?

Will you authenticate this 9755 bag please? This just already sold, but I want to know if this is supposed to have a zipper as I like that feature. Thank you. ETA I searched the first part of the number here and several posts say this number is usually fake. Is this one fake too? Thanks again.
Item: 9755
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Vint...936396?hash=item342d74eacc:g:a1YAAOSw-LxfJEKh
It's fake, the genuine ones don't have a zipper on the inside pocket. And time has proven that the J8H- serial prefix is ALWAYS fake, not just usually. There's at least one other problem with that bag too.
Did you happen to save the name of the seller? (Remember to include that with all requests.)
Thank you. It was already removed from ebay before I could report it. That was fast! Will ebay tell the buyer?
The buyer will get an email telling her that the listing was removed but she won't know that the item is fake. Email will say something to the effect of "some type of violation and if you have already paid, item will be shipped." If the seller is dishonest and if the buyer asks, seller may not admit to non-authenticity so the buyer won't know to open a dispute.

Last edited:
Hi! I have what I think is a Coach Stewardess bag that we found in my late grandmothers things. It's in amazing condition but only has the stamp , no numbers. I'm wondering if it's authentic measurements roughly 10.5-11" (L) same on Height and is 4 1/4" (D) Tia for any help!

View attachment 4806778

View attachment 4806779

View attachment 4806780

View attachment 4806781

View attachment 4806782

View attachment 4806783

View attachment 4806785

View attachment 4806787

View attachment 4806788

View attachment 4806789

View attachment 4806790

View attachment 4806794

15962998474296638078916882096977.jpg

15962998724025498776554519670817.jpg

Reactions: seekingvintage
Hi! I have what I think is a Coach Stewardess bag that we found in my late grandmothers things. It's in amazing condition but only has the stamp , no numbers. I'm wondering if it's authentic measurements roughly 10.5-11" (L) same on Height and is 4 1/4" (D) Tia for any help!

View attachment 4806778

View attachment 4806779

View attachment 4806780

View attachment 4806781

View attachment 4806782

View attachment 4806783

View attachment 4806785

View attachment 4806787

View attachment 4806788

View attachment 4806789

View attachment 4806790

View attachment 4806794
Nice find in Granny's closet! It's authentic but I'm not sure of the year.

Reactions: Mrsfloridagq1
20200801_130835.jpg20200801_131812.jpgI would be very grateful if you could tell me if this is an authentic Coach bag.I found this in a thrift store ages ago and would like to sell it, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing so without your opinion!

20200801_130912.jpg

Hi there! I am new to vintage Coach, but oh my gosh, I think I am addicted already!!

I found this on my Canadian Poshmark site. The seller says it is authentic and it looks authentic, but when I googled the description, nothing really came up. I thought before I pull the trigger I would ask for your help. Thank you so much!!

Reactions: shrnirons
Hi there! I am new to vintage Coach, but oh my gosh, I think I am addicted already!!

I found this on my Canadian Poshmark site. The seller says it is authentic and it looks authentic, but when I googled the description, nothing really came up. I thought before I pull the trigger I would ask for your help. Thank you so much!!

I would never rely on the word of the seller regarding authenticity. It is authentic. It's a Chadwick satchel. There is no evidence it was made in NYC. It was made in the US, but probably not in NYC. The style number is 9928 and it was made in the early 90s, probably around 1993.