Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Seller virginri4

Looks like this seller is trying again with what I believe is a counterfeit bag. Authenticators, Thank You So Much For All You Do!!!
That bag isn't authentic.

It looks like virginri4 attached a tag from a different bag to this one to try to fool buyers.

Reactions: Darcyl
Hi All!

Item: " Coach Small Brown Suede East West Duffle Purse 7 x 10 x 3 "
Seller: dorisjeanneriggs on ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Small-Brown-Suede-East-West-Duffle-Purse-7-x-10-x-3-/402323209518?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=Ymq6vbhgDvQtT%2FKRSKkiM9iwgas%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc
Comments: Purchased online but have in hand - attaching a couple better pictures and please let me know if more needed. Believe it to be the Devon bag from November ‘95?

Thank you!
It's authentic.

• Love
Reactions: SuzieSueSure
Last edited:
Will you authenticate this 9755 bag please? This just already sold, but I want to know if this is supposed to have a zipper as I like that feature. Thank you. ETA I searched the first part of the number here and several posts say this number is usually fake. Is this one fake too? Thanks again.
Item: 9755
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Vint...936396?hash=item342d74eacc:g:a1YAAOSw-LxfJEKh

It's fake, the genuine ones don't have a zipper on the inside pocket. And time has proven that the J8H- serial prefix is ALWAYS fake, not just usually. There's at least one other problem with that bag too.

It's fake, the genuine ones don't have a zipper on the inside pocket. And time has proven that the J8H- serial prefix is ALWAYS fake, not just usually. There's at least one other problem with that bag too.
Thank you Hyacinth. Will you explain what the other problem is? I haven't seen one of these in person and was fooled by the underside of the opening for the turnlock looking normal to me, and wouldn't have questioned it if I hadn't seen the zipper pocket.

Hi All!

Item: " Coach Small Brown Suede East West Duffle Purse 7 x 10 x 3 "
Seller: dorisjeanneriggs on ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Small-Brown-Suede-East-West-Duffle-Purse-7-x-10-x-3-/402323209518?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=Ymq6vbhgDvQtT%2FKRSKkiM9iwgas%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc
Comments: Purchased online but have in hand - attaching a couple better pictures and please let me know if more needed. Believe it to be the Devon bag from November ‘95?

Thank you!

Genuine, and you're correct about the name and date.

Reactions: SuzieSueSure
Thank you Hyacinth. Will you explain what the other problem is? I haven't seen one of these in person and was fooled by the underside of the opening for the turnlock looking normal to me, and wouldn't have questioned it if I hadn't seen the zipper pocket.

The genuine 9755 Pocket Purse has a single solid piece of leather making up the sides and base of the bag, with no seams at all. Most but probably not all of the fakes, including the one you asked about, have a center seam on the base.

Here's a genuine one:
9755_J2P-Pocket Purse-e.jpg

9755_L5C-Pocket Purse-j.jpg