Scarves Buying the same Hermès scarf twice? (on purpose)

Solsort

Jul 18, 2020
Hello, have any of you ever bought two Hermès scarves, same design, same cw, because you loved it so much?

On Monday I just received a scarf that I bought online from Hermès. I never buy clothing online, since I like to see things first, and check the color on me, but I was more interested in buying a scarf by this artist and also in varying the types of designs I have in my very small collection of H scarves so far.

But I have absolutely fallen in love with this scarf and can imagine wearing it every single day. The colors are so beautiful on me, and are just beautiful in general - even now I have it lying on the bed just so I can see it.

Anyway, I was thinking, since I had budgeted to buy one more scarf this year, and there are no more scarves on the website that interest me, maybe I should buy another? If I understand correctly, no other scarves will be introduced this year, and also this exact version will never be made ever again, not in this cw, so it's now or never in terms of getting a second.

Or am I crazy?

(I do tend to buy multiples of my other clothing too, when I have something I like, but those have generally been simple black basic dresses, sweaters, and tops.)

Ooo I am intrigued. May I ask which scarf!?

with that said, I don’t think you are crazy especially if you would like to double up and wear them as a top (refer to the knotting card). At the end of the day if they make your heart sings thats all that matters.
I agree, I've never bought the same scarf twice, but i thought about doing it from the f/w 2019 season as one to frame and the other to wear, but by the time i went to get the other, it was sold out online and in store.

Reactions: 880 and Solsort
ok, thanks everybody! Now I know I'm not being (too) obsessive. So far I've worn it every day since Monday, even just around the house with an old cutup t-shirt, since I'm working from home, and I'm leaning towards yes.

I'll decide soon, since it's happened a few times that I've seen a scarf on the website that sold out right after I decided to buy it. And until I actually order it, or find it in the shop, I'm afraid of saying which one it is and jinxing myself!

ok, thanks everybody! Now I know I'm not being (too) obsessive. So far I've worn it every day since Monday, even just around the house with an old cutup t-shirt, since I'm working from home, and I'm leaning towards yes.

I'll decide soon, since it's happened a few times that I've seen a scarf on the website that sold out right after I decided to buy it. And until I actually order it, or find it in the shop, I'm afraid of saying which one it is and jinxing myself!
Solsort,
Which scarf are you thinking of buying again? We would love to see it, if you get a chance to post it. I think if you have had this on your mind, you should get it. Nothing wrong with having a pair of something that you love! (I do this with jeans, all the time.)

Reactions: 880 and Solsort
I can also say that I have bought more than one colorway of a shawl I particularly like.
I often will buy the silk version to wear under a jacket & then a cashmere one as well.
I've been skimming the posts having just discovered this thread and as soon as I saw yours I wanted to bop in and say IMHO it's quite rational to buy a silk and then a cashmere shawl as well. Nobody could say that's too much b/c the cashmere shawls can have a little more buzz or pizzazz than the 90s, they maintain a high resale value, and they frequently come in different cw's than the 90s. Someone I knew used to have her dress-up outfit be a dress with a 90 in a particular print and cw, topped with a shawl in the same print and cw. It was a good looking outfit.