A resource for a newbie - Which LC bag do you like / use most and why?

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
I’m new to LC and would love to hear your opinions! I realize everyone of us have different lifestyles and live in different climates but that’s where we can all pitch in! Let’s discuss the current bags available these few seasons. Eg, Mademoiselles, Le pliage, cuir, 3D, cavalcade, foulonnes, Roseaus etc. Chat away!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I have to admit that with the new normal, I don't change my bags as often. Was weekly before but now it looks like monthly. The style that has really stood the test of time for me has been my Cuirs. I have so many of them and it was the fascination with this folding leather bag that led me to my first and second leather LCs in the form of the Cuir :biggrin: It is such a novel idea - a folding leather bag - that I had to have it :biggrin: That was 5 years ago and I still buy Cuirs :biggrin:

I love my Roseaus, Mademoiselles, Foulonnes and Quadris too but it's not the same

I have to admit that with the new normal, I don't change my bags as often. Was weekly before but now it looks like monthly. The style that has really stood the test of time for me has been my Cuirs. I have so many of them and it was the fascination with this folding leather bag that led me to my first and second leather LCs in the form of the Cuir :biggrin: It is such a novel idea - a folding leather bag - that I had to have it :biggrin: That was 5 years ago and I still buy Cuirs :biggrin:

I love my Roseaus, Mademoiselles, Foulonnes and Quadris too but it's not the same
Thank you for contributing to this thread! I was worried no one would. :P looks like you really love your cuirs! How many do u have and what sizes are they? Do u actually fold them at all?

I was worried no one would.
I was thinking hard before replying. It is a very good question and I hope more members will chime in. It will be an interesting read.

So, I thought long and hard. It is hard to pick a favourite. Each LC is special and though I did rehome some of them over the years; it was never for quality issues but more of colors that are more suited for my wardrobe and also an evolving needs in terms of sizes and purpose. In addition, for someone whom lives in the tropics with high humidity, I never had to deal with mold, cracking or dryness for LC leather. They are just fuss free and easy to maintain.

A quick run through of why I like each line/style, otherwise I might be writing an essay. Hahaha!

Foulonne: water resistant but not with a coating that cracks. Sturdy, pliable and soft leather that stands hard wearing daily usage.

Cuir: soft puddly leather that takes colors so well. I used to own a lot of them but pared down to my one and only now; which is in Brandy. The shorter and wider shoulder strap also works better for me.

Mademoiselle: looks so chic and I like that it can be both dressed up and down. Thicker leather as compared to cuir but nowhere heavy.

Cavalcade: classic saddle bag style that looks dressier but totally works well with casual wear as well.

3D: rugged casual feel and with leather that develops a patina with usage. I really enjoy the matte leather. It's also very hard wearing.

LP: the very first style that got me into LC. I live in a very small country and see a lot of LPs daily. I recall not understanding the hype of this nylon bag but after getting one, I was hooked. Not to mention the many seasonal editions. We get a lot of rain so the LP is also exceptionally useful during rainy weather.

I was thinking hard before replying. It is a very good question and I hope more members will chime in. It will be an interesting read.

So, I thought long and hard. It is hard to pick a favourite. Each LC is special and though I did rehome some of them over the years; it was never for quality issues but more of colors that are more suited for my wardrobe and also an evolving needs in terms of sizes and purpose. In addition, for someone whom lives in the tropics with high humidity, I never had to deal with mold, cracking or dryness for LC leather. They are just fuss free and easy to maintain.

A quick run through of why I like each line/style, otherwise I might be writing an essay. Hahaha!

Foulonne: water resistant but not with a coating that cracks. Sturdy, pliable and soft leather that stands hard wearing daily usage.

Cuir: soft puddly leather that takes colors so well. I used to own a lot of them but pared down to my one and only now; which is in Brandy. The shorter and wider shoulder strap also works better for me.

Mademoiselle: looks so chic and I like that it can be both dressed up and down. Thicker leather as compared to cuir but nowhere heavy.

Cavalcade: classic saddle bag style that looks dressier but totally works well with casual wear as well.

3D: rugged casual feel and with leather that develops a patina with usage. I really enjoy the matte leather. It's also very hard wearing.

LP: the very first style that got me into LC. I live in a very small country and see a lot of LPs daily. I recall not understanding the hype of this nylon bag but after getting one, I was hooked. Not to mention the many seasonal editions. We get a lot of rain so the LP is also exceptionally useful during rainy weather.
I just need to threadjack for a second. I adore the pup in your avatar! Please pet & hug it for me

My favorite is the Le Pliage Cuir crossbody; I have 3 so far. This fits my lifestyle as I carry very little and it’s so easy to wear.
I have about 3 of the Le Pliage totes but rarely use them.
Lastly, I have one silver coin purse from the Le Foulonne line that I use as a wallet. Love it! The leather is so nice.

My favorite is the Le Pliage Cuir crossbody; I have 3 so far. This fits my lifestyle as I carry very little and it’s so easy to wear.
I have about 3 of the Le Pliage totes but rarely use them.
Lastly, I have one silver coin purse from the Le Foulonne line that I use as a wallet. Love it! The leather is so nice.
Wow looks like the cuirs are a popular choice! 3 sounds about right to switch around with Different outfits. What colors do u have?

Looks like the LE pliages are your fav. I’m still bummed about the straps not staying on my shoulders. Oh well, that just leaves more room for other bags! Haha.. tell me more about the 3D. By patina do u mean the leather ages n changes color like the LV bags? Also, is the strap horribly long? I’m really petite but the forest color is appealing to me this season.

btw, why did u pare down on your cuirs? Was it because of the long thin strap? Will u get more in future u think?

Thank you for contributing to this thread! I was worried no one would. :P looks like you really love your cuirs! How many do u have and what sizes are they? Do u actually fold them at all?

Ok, here's my tally. I am definitely Cuir-azy :biggrin: haha

Nano Cuir (White): 1
Mini Cuir (Black Webbing, Black Croco): 2
Chinese New Year Cuir (Years of the Dog, Pig and Rat, all in Black): 3
Small Cuir (Black, Mahogany Cody, Black Etoiles, Black EStamps): 4; the Black Cuir is folded up completely while Etoiles is folded at the sides
Medium Cuir (Blue, Mocha, Brandy): 3; Blue and Mocha are folded up completely while Brandy is folded at the sides
Large Cuir Tote (a Nordstrom Anniversary Special, in Black): 1; folded up completely
Backpack Cuir (Black): 1
Cuir Crossbody (Black): 1
Cuir LGP Tote (Black): 1

Last edited:
Ok, here's my tally. I am definitely Cuir-azy :biggrin: haha

Nano Cuir (White): 1
Mini Cuir (Black Webbing, Black Croco): 2
Chinese New Year Cuir (Years of the Dog, Pig and Rat, all in Black): 3
Small Cuir (Black, Mahogany Cody, Black Etoiles, Black EStamps): 4; the Black Cuir is folded up completely while Etoiles is folded at the sides
Medium Cuir (Blue, Mocha, Brandy): 3; Blue and Mocha are folded up completely while Brandy is folded at the sides
Large Cuir Tote (a Nordstrom Anniversary Special, in Black): 1; folded up completely
Backpack Cuir (Black): 1
Cuir Crossbody (Black): 1
Cuir LGP Tote (Black): 1
Wow! That’s a lot of cuirs! And so many black ones too! Do you have a fav? What do u use the Nano for?

Reactions: SmokieDragon
By patina do u mean the leather ages n changes color like the LV bags? Also, is the strap horribly long?

btw, why did u pare down on your cuirs? Was it because of the long thin strap? Will u get more in future u think?
Hmmmm, if I really had to pick a favourite, then it will be Foulonne. It is so hard wearing and light. My only gripe is that not many styles and colors are made for this line, despite being LC's oldest leather line.

For the 3D, indeed, the leather naturally darkens with usage but I don't see that happening much with a 3D card holder that I got in Khaki. Maybe I didn't use it long enough. For my Sapphire 3D crossbody, I don't see the patina too. As I do rotate my bags, that could be the reason why the patina had not developed. @catsinthebag had a gorgeous 3D satchel in cognac. Maybe she can share about the patina. I do find most LC straps to be long. I am 5"10 but I prefer the bag to hang against my waist than against my hip. So for straps that are too long, like the Foulonne saddle bag, I asked my SA to punch additional holes for me. I'll measure the 3D strap for you so that you can guage whether it is too long for you. I'm very drawn to the 3D Forest this season as well!

I owned some medium cuirs which turned out to be too big for me as my child grew and I can carry much less. I love my small cuirs but the colors did not work out for me as much as I love the actual colors themselves. I had rehomed Cherry Red, Pebble and Khaki. For the small cuir, I did often carry it in the crook of my arm or handheld but I like to still have the strap attached as I can then conveniently wear the bag on the shoulder. I'll be honest though to share that the long thin strap look does not look flattering on me as the bag then hangs even lower. It might work better if I wear it crossbody but I don't wear the small cuir crossbody. This is one main reason why I prefer the new wider and shorter strap.

Yes! I will indeed get more cuirs. As much as I try not to replicate the same bag style in my collection, the cuir line is just so appealing with its play on colors. I wish you can see them in person. The colors are saturated and vibrant. So beautiful. I already know I will be getting Nordic in the smaller cuir crossbody and Sienna (either in mini cuir crossbody or the smaller cuir or backpack).

Last edited: