Tagged leather Coach bag in a smoker's home.

bware

Apr 30, 2009
Hello. I live with a cigarette smoker. I have a black leather Coach (mini shoulder) purse with the sales tag still attached. At some point I want to sell this item and even though it's been loosely wrapped in paper, inside of a plastic bag and on a shelf behind a closed closet door (which isn't opened often) I wonder if this purse will be desirable? It doesn't seem to smell like smoke.

You definitely need to disclose that the bag has been exposed to cigarette smoke. You may not notice the smell, but I guarantee others will.

+1

If people have never been exposed to smoke, it will be smelled by them instantly. It's similar to how people get used to the smell of dogs, but others notice the smell straight away.

Agree with @Sarah03
I sell on ebay & buy on there as well as other platforms. I note in all of my own auctions that its from a smoke free home. If I'm interested in purchasing an item & nothing is mentioned, I specifically ask about smoke.
Thank you.
Agree with @Sarah03
I sell on ebay & buy on there as well as other platforms. I note in all of my own auctions that its from a smoke free home. If I'm interested in purchasing an item & nothing is mentioned, I specifically ask about smoke.
Thank you.

As long as you disclose it has been in a smoking environment you will be fine. Some won’t care and or they’re smokers themselves.

As a non smoker I do ask if it is not listed. :smile: