Mini, Micro, or Nano satchel?

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
I am having a hard time deciding whether to buy the Mini, Micro, or Nano satchel. I carry a small wallet, phone, keys, small pouch, compact brush, readers, and sunglasses. Thanks for any opinions.

Personally, I would opt for the larger of the 3 to give yourself more ease with what you carry and also getting things in and out. Measurement differences are often slight but with bags this small, the depth (width) of the base can make a big difference. Also, since the handbag has a smile and folds over....height differences could be important depending upon phone size. And the zipper opening on these bags isn't very large to begin with, the smaller the bag, the less room to get in and out of the top.

I have the mini Flo satchel, from years ago, and it's a good sized bag.... because the base is wide. But even on the mini, the zipper opening is on the short side and the handle drop is too short to allow it to be carried on the arm. I can hand carry or use the longer strap.

Another consideration is the proportion of the handbag to your body.
If a handbag is too tiny, it can make the wearer look larger by comparison. And when, not if, tiny bags go out of style, you might feel less comfortable using it. A more moderate size will give you years and years of use.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Choose what you think will work best for you.

I have been eyeing these as well. Though I am tipping my toes into TB as I have not seen anything from DB that spikes my interest.

I adore little bags. I really like my Rowan crossbody and I was surprised as how much it fits. I think the Nano is adorable but can't see much fiting into it. As well as the micro. I would go Mini and obviously the Small is much bigger. It is a class looking bag so definitely worth the buy if you can keep the Florentine leather safe.

I have been eyeing these as well. Though I am tipping my toes into TB as I have not seen anything from DB that spikes my interest.

I adore little bags. I really like my Rowan crossbody and I was surprised as how much it fits. I think the Nano is adorable but can't see much fiting into it. As well as the micro. I would go Mini and obviously the Small is much bigger. It is a class looking bag so definitely worth the buy if you can keep the Florentine leather safe.

I have 2 satchels, a mini and a small. I could see if I was still commuting and hitting the gym afterwards how the larger bags would be useful.

I think the mini is perfect for bouncing around town and doing errands, lunch, dinner etc

the small definitely if you are going to need more personal items or day trip.

i have not seen the medium in person but at 15 inches long it reminds me of my gym duffel bag which was never fun to carry around .

Reactions: defeated
I have the micro and I would say the nano is too small and the mini might be too large for what you want to carry. Here is a pic and what's inside: 5x7 notebook, ray ban hard sunglass case, dooney coin pouch (used as a wallet), cosmetic pouch, garage door fob holder, cottonelle tips. My iPhone 6 Plus, which I used to take the pics, fits sideways in the slip pocket. It could easily hold more but I don't need to carry as much now that I'm working from home. I love my small sambas/pebble grain satchels but I think I like the micro more. This silhouette looks much classier in the micro size in my opinion. Search YouTube by micro satchel and there are several reviews on this size.

B089271D-A85C-4E83-B5B9-83BD3C895B1B.jpeg

584B8784-C404-4755-83FA-79B787FEF6DC.jpeg

01570983-F519-43E0-AE36-6A40DC2F9838.jpeg

I have the micro and I would say the nano is too small and the mini might be too large for what you want to carry. Here is a pic and what's inside: 5x7 notebook, ray ban hard sunglass case, dooney coin pouch (used as a wallet), cosmetic pouch, garage door fob holder, cottonelle tips. My iPhone 6 Plus, which I used to take the pics, fits sideways in the slip pocket. It could easily hold more but I don't need to carry as much now that I'm working from home. I love my small sambas/pebble grain satchels but I think I like the micro more. This silhouette looks much classier in the micro size in my opinion. Search YouTube by micro satchel and there are several reviews on this size.

I love the micro now that I have one and agree it may look a bit classier then the mini and the small satchels. I know I don’t like the small flo on me , I feel like my hips look bigger ! My sambas , all 2 of em lol I love Don’t notice the hips as much with them.

your natural looks amazing! Did you use anything on it? I am tempted to get one of those rather then a black if that is how it will look eventually

I love the micro now that I have one and agree it may look a bit classier then the mini and the small satchels. I know I don’t like the small flo on me , I feel like my hips look bigger ! My sambas , all 2 of em lol I love Don’t notice the hips as much with them.

your natural looks amazing! Did you use anything on it? I am tempted to get one of those rather then a black if that is how it will look eventually
I agree on the small satchel where it hits on the hips. I'm petite and it hits me on the wrong place near my hips making me look wider. The small satchel also seemed heavy to me. Both the mini and the micro are about 2 pounds 2 Oz in florentine. Looking at the natural micro satchel, I will buy the micro flo in the near future now.

Reactions: HannaS1001

I used the Apple Guard Rain and Stain Repellant spray.

Last edited: