Trouble choosing my first Dior bag

My 1st choice is the last one - PROS- it looks elegant and easier to match your clothes (depending on your style and colour palette). CONS: leather might scratch easily.

2nd choice is the first one- PROS: it's casual but looks chic. I like the contrast of the print against the black hardware, canvas? material is easier to maintain. CONS: print might clash with your clothes.

Really depends on your style and clothes.

My 1st choice is the last one - PROS- it looks elegant and easier to match your clothes (depending on your style and colour palette). CONS: leather might scratch easily.

2nd choice is the first one- PROS: it's casual but looks chic. I like the contrast of the print against the black hardware, canvas? material is easier to maintain. CONS: print might clash with your clothes.

Really depends on your style and clothes.

Thank you, really appreciate the opinion. Does the canvas stain easily? That‘s one thing that makes me think that the leather one would be better, but I really like the canvas because I think it‘s iconic (like the LV monogram or Gucci canvas).

I’m really having a hard time with my decision hahaha.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Thank you, really appreciate the opinion. Does the canvas stain easily? That‘s one thing that makes me think that the leather one would be better, but I really like the canvas because I think it‘s iconic (like the LV monogram or Gucci canvas).

I don't own anything with Dior canvas but I imagine like with any other canvas material, if it stains, it's harder to remove vs. leather. But given the print, unless it was a big stain or bright stain (like red or coffee), I think the print will cover it up. The safer canvas option would be 2nd picture, but it seems like you want the iconic print to show. Maybe check in person to see how you feel about it? Sometimes seeing it in real life really helps (i.e. visually and touching the materials)

I would get the leather one. The shape of the Saddle is already very iconic, and even without logos the bag is very recognizable.

Canvas can absorb stains. The Oblique canvas looks quite busy so stains won't show that easily, but it is a possibility. Leather is easier to clean, and the Saddle design looks so sleek in leather. I have two of these Saddles and they are both the leather version.

I got the Canvas Saddle Bag , i love the bag and used it a lot and the canvas is not sensitive ( zero stains).
Sometimes it is difficult to choose but choose what makes your heart sing,because if u really love it you will use it !

Hello! I’m new to Dior bags for men and I wanted to hear your opinion. I’m having trouble choosing between three models of the Saddle Bag from Dior Homme, which one would you choose?

View attachment 4798435

View attachment 4798436

View attachment 4798437
The last one without a doubt. I've seen them all IRL and the last one is beautiful masculine and cool.
The Logos on the others mean i think it looks like you'd get bored with it sooner and with Fall soon on the way the last one will still look great worn with a coat.

Leather can scratch, but this grained version doesn't scratch easily at all. It is not barenia or box leather.
No no, I mean the buckle will scratch. Didn't clarify... Sorry! Because I have the same and it scratches SUPER EASILY! It shows the metallic silver underneath the matte coating. But it adds character IMO. :biggrin:

No no, I mean the buckle will scratch. Didn't clarify... Sorry! Because I have the same and it scratches SUPER EASILY! It shows the metallic silver underneath the matte coating. But it adds character IMO. :biggrin:
Yes, the black buckle does scratch very easily. Where the two pieces contact (but is hidden when closed), there are already scratch marks at the edges. Thankfully they are hidden.

The way around it seems to be the get the one with the silver finish. It doesn't show scratches as easily.

My First choice would be the second bag. I like the fact that even though you can see the design it’s very subtle. Not in your face and not that common like the first one.

second choice Is the third one. I really like the fact that’s all leather! It looks very high end

let us know what you end up with!

Reactions: Bernardo Pérez
I think I will end up with the leather one and get a canvas passport holder or canvas card holder just to get the Dior canvas for my collection. Do to Covid in my country, the stores are still closed for now so I hope to go soon.

Does somebody have photos of wear and tear on the Dior canvas?

Thank you all for the responses!