neverfull logo misaligned at seam

jeunster

Aug 17, 2009
hi everyone. i recently purchased a mono neverfull (my first LV!:yahoo:) and upon inspection i noticed that on one side of the bag the logos are symmetrical at the seam. BUT on the other side of the bag, the logos to the left of the seam is a little higher than the logos on the right to the seam. Therefore it is not symmetrical and i would say it is about 2-3 centimeters off if i had to guess. I realize that the logos cannot perfectly overlap at the seams, but i thought it would at least be lined up. Is this normal? i called customer service and they said that since it is handmade that it might not be perfect.

i case what i just wrote sounded confusing, i am talking about the seams that runs vertically (near the side strings that can be used for cinching).

i thought louis vuitton prided themselves in their craftmanship, but i guess they never claimed it would be perfect. I dont really have anything to compare it to since this is my first. I showed it to my SA when i inquired about it the next day since it was bugging me, but her and another SA looked at me as if i was crazy and said that it is handmade and that it can not be perfect.

any input is greatly appreciated! :smile:

here are some photos to show you what i am referring to...

perfect:
P3090164.jpg

not so much:
P3090161.jpg

my NF is kind of like that. all NFs are made that way, the starting side (which is aligned) is the side you should look at - if the "aligned" side isn't aligned - thats a problem - but if one side is aligned, it means that that was the side it was started from... and due to the shape of the bag and the symmetry, the "ending" side can't be aligned perfectly.

Reactions: sydsunshine
it seems like you are right....looks like its a mono isssue. maybe it is easier to line up the damiers. =/
oh well, i cant do anything about it now, but non the less am still happy with my first purchase.

my Azur NF is like yours, Jeunster! It is perfect on one side and crooked on the other. I saw this before I left the store but chose to keep it.. It doesn't bother me. I've heard about this in another thread so us two aren't the only ones.

I just bought my first ever Louis Vuitton, the Neverfull PM Monogram, and the seams on one side of the bag are misaligned. I only noticed the irregularity while wearing it for the 2nd time. Today I went to the LV store to exchange it for a proper one, and the associates actually tried telling me that uneven seams are NORMAL! Is this true? I argued with them and told me I am extremely disappointed and shocked that I actually have to keep this brand new bag with the seams being uneven! PLEASE HELP! I am really upset!

From being on this forum for a while I think Mono NF GMs almost always are perfectly aligned on both sides - my NF GM is. As is my Damier NF GM. It would have to do with the length of the canvas used - so maybe with MM and PM, it doesn't align as perfectly on one side.

Has anyone ever returned one for one they feel is more aligned? I just bought mine and upon taking it out at home and looking I realized both sides are so off! I am going tomorrow to exchange but just trying to get an idea of what experience I will get

Has anyone ever returned one for one they feel is more aligned? I just bought mine and upon taking it out at home and looking I realized both sides are so off! I am going tomorrow to exchange but just trying to get an idea of what experience I will get
Alignment is not a “defect” and something I would never even consider. I’ve been buying lv for many years. But if you’re unhappy then return.

Alignment is not a “defect” and something I would never even consider. I’ve been buying lv for many years. But if you’re unhappy then return.
It’s not a defect but I’ve seen many threads in regards to this and some are a lot better. I have that choice of course. You may not consider it but for the price I expect it to be at least ok on one side. The main point is I want to exchange for one better aligned and didn’t know wether best procedure is to go to same person for their quotas or commission.