Low-key quality belt recommendations?

mama_nacho

May 21, 2020
Hi! Looking for some help on finding a low key but quality classic belt.

I’m mostly looking for a thinner (not super skinny) waist belt in tan or beige/white with gold hardware. I mostly see either very obvious logo belts or ones with lots of embellishments. So far the best one I’ve seen is the classic style by Ferragamo, but wondering if there are other brands that you could recommend? Does not need to be premier designer, just quality :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: foxgal
I think there are some really nice, understated options right now from Isabel Marant, Bottega and Loewe. I immediately spotted these, all of which are on the thinner side (less than 32mm). Marant also has a plain and simple belt currently in tan leather for under a hundred euros, but I'm not sure if it comes in GHW.
Loewe.pngBottega.pngMarant.png

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve actually been to a few small leather shops to get belts made, but so far I haven’t really found any with buckle options or leather colors/widths I liked.

I did see a few Isabel Marant belts I liked but most were sold out in my size :sad:

Also found a new brand with excellent belts of the type I’m looking for called Anderson’s, but sadly the tan is also sold out in my size

5CFC885D-6BF7-4BAF-B06F-AB0ECA0C13BB.jpeg

Reactions: papertiger
that looks very nice ^ sorry it's sold out

Look for small men's rather than women's.

Etinger do one for men in tan (they go right down to 75cm)

Carter in Tan from BBCo looks like a possible too but not sure which size you are (I'm sure they'd make you one in your size).

Couldn't find ghw though

Hemes and Gucci do all sorts of low key belts. They just don't stick in people's minds as being from those companies

Last edited:
Reactions: 880
ITA re men’s belts, but I’m not a small size :smile: I borrow DH’s Weston belts. Along the lines of FerrAlamo mentioned above, perhaps Bally could be a possibility too. Any men’s shoe store, at varying price points, like church‘s, Alden may have some options.

Reactions: papertiger
I have a men’s Coach belt in a black leather I poached from my husband and similar to the style you picked up. I find the men’s belts are a tad nicer than women’s and my hips are big enough to use a smaller sized men’s belt

Omg...I just came here to start a similar thread! @mama_nacho your belt looks gorgeous!

I’m looking for the reversible belt with silver hardware and want the kind with a “pin” buckle...not sure what you call it...like a Hermes or Gucci belt that you just push through the hole, not the kind like the Anderson above. I used to have a Ferragamo and am kicking myself now for selling it. It’s proving almost impossible to find the right color combination belt and silver hardware buckle, and I’d prefer it not to be a recognized logo. Hermes does have options besides their classic H buckle but I really didn’t want to spend that much as I don’t wear belts frequently.

I found a leather maker in Singapore called Matt Lucas who does custom options and he gets positive reviews. Anyone heard of him?

3F3FFC29-B79C-4904-BD88-7ADCBC619C1A.jpeg