• Chanel Boy

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Pochette Metis

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

Jolly Wolf

O.G.
Nov 6, 2012
Hi Guys, how are you. I came across an aportunity to get one of these bags.
But I don´t really know which one to choose.
I like both brands and both bags. They are the same price aswell.
Chanel´s is leather, but the Louis Vuitton´s is brand new.
Can you help me decide? :panic:

louis-vuitton--M44875_PM2_Front view.jpg

108283125_400237914273411_8888527576404012956_n.jpg

I vote Chanel Boy.
I used to dislike the Chanel boy bag, but I am now eyeing one myself (after more time on TPF)
i haven’t kept any of my LV except for an unpopular black and white sprouts graffiti and am look8ngbi repurchase a special edition LV NeverFull so I’m biased. Also, not a fan of gold HW.

however, LV tends to be more sturdy than chanel. And it may be more lightweight, versatile, and comfy to wear. I would also worry about the Beige edges of the chanel bc I’m not all that careful with my bags. Shoulder drop may also be a consideration. So the LV May be the more practical choice.

Reactions: Taiwo92
I vote for the pochette metis (although I loved the boy more). I owned both at one point and sold both. There are pros and cons to both in my experience.

PM - carefree canvas, not much to worry about asides from the vachetta (if you worry about patina) and the possible defects that's been known, holds quite a lot, can crossbody and worn comfortably

Boy - gives a more chic and edgier look, it's not as carefree especially the corners will show wear especially in that cream colour, depending on how you plan on using the bag, it will not hold as much as the boy, cannot crossbody for most people as strap is not long enough, the bulky chain tends to shift around a bit

So I think it comes down to your planned usage, style, etc.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: mrsinsyder and 880
Hi Guys, how are you. I came across an aportunity to get one of these bags.
But I don´t really know which one to choose.
I like both brands and both bags. They are the same price aswell.
Chanel´s is leather, but the Louis Vuitton´s is brand new.
Can you help me decide? :panic:

View attachment 4796147

View attachment 4796148
own this same exact boy in all black - same hardware color! Read that Metis used to have quality issues, should ensure this has been fixed and no longer the case with this style.

I think they are really different styles...the PM is quite casual, throw it on cross body and the monogram is pretty laid back. The Boy is more of a shoulder bag style. I would wear the PM on the weekend running errands (I have one and this is what I wear it for the most!), whereas I would wear the Boy to dinner. I personally am not super crazy about the two toned colour of the Boy you have posted, I prefer the monogram to it. But really it depends on what will suit your style and wardrobe and lifestyle.

I don't usually like Boy bag but btwn these two bags, I'd definitely get the boy bag. Leather over canvas for sure! I think the two-tone Boy bag is very pretty and versatile. Good luck deciding!

Go with the style you like more. I vote PM though. I have two (Reverse & Marine Rouge) and love them. As for Boy, also a good choice, just not sure about color combo you shared. Seems like it would be hard to dress, but maybe that's just me.

I vote for the pochette metis (although I loved the boy more). I owned both at one point and sold both. There are pros and cons to both in my experience.

PM - carefree canvas, not much to worry about asides from the vachetta (if you worry about patina) and the possible defects that's been known, holds quite a lot, can crossbody and worn comfortably

Boy - gives a more chic and edgier look, it's not as carefree especially the corners will show wear especially in that cream colour, depending on how you plan on using the bag, it will not hold as much as the boy, cannot crossbody for most people as strap is not long enough, the bulky chain tends to shift around a bit

So I think it comes down to your planned usage, style, etc.

Good luck!

I was actually wondering about Crossbody with the boy bag. On YouTube and even here a lot of people can wear it crossbody. However, when I saw it in the store the chain didn’t look long enough for crossbody for me (I’m 5 8 size 12-14). I didn’t try it crossbody bc I went to buy a wallet.

As for the original question, I thought about getting a PM, but decided against it. I personally don’t like that particular boy combination, so I would say PM. But get whatever makes your heart sing more.

I was actually wondering about Crossbody with the boy bag. On YouTube and even here a lot of people can wear it crossbody. However, when I saw it in the store the chain didn’t look long enough for crossbody for me (I’m 5 8 size 12-14). I didn’t try it crossbody bc I went to buy a wallet.

As for the original question, I thought about getting a PM, but decided against it. I personally don’t like that particular boy combination, so I would say PM. But get whatever makes your heart sing more.

I think it depends on how tall u are and how comfortable u are on where it hits you? But since youre pretty tall, I don’t think it’ll work? I’m 5”5 and it hits me a bit high (just underneath the ribs, a bit above my hips) but I guess I could still pull it off, but it’s not a preferred method for me to carry cause I find it a bit awkward where it sat on me :sad:

Reactions: M1182
Thanks everyone, you were very kind. I decided to get the Pochette Metis. I tried it out in the store last year and it did fi me well. I was thinking about somethig easygoing, classic and in a size that could fit a little more than my phone, wallet and keys.
Thank you all!!

Reactions: jpezmom and M1182