Which one? 16 sweet motif Vs vintage 10 motif necklace

Which necklace should I choose?

• 16 motif sweet in RG

• 10 motif vintage in YG

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funny - I literally just picked up the 16 in Aspen over the weekend. It's been on my radar forever but I have not been able to find it.

Perhaps I have a level of bias here, this being said; however, I would go with the 16 all day every day because of its versatility vs the 10 motif. Also, I find the 10 motif isn't as friendly for daily wear. I like the size of the stations of the 16 sweet - it is so understated yet stunning at the same time.

Funny - I literally just picked up the 16 in Aspen over the weekend. It's been on my radar forever but I have not been able to find it.

Perhaps I have a level of bias here, this being said; however, I would go with the 16 all day every day because of its versatility vs the 10 motif. Also, I find the 10 motif isn't as friendly for daily wear. I like the size of the stations of the 16 sweet - it is so understated yet stunning at the same time.

☝️...I’m with Jenaywins. I am eyeing the 16 motif sweet. I also own the vintage hammered 10 motif YG. I am not getting enough use as I don’t personally reach for it as a daily wear piece. The 16 motif looks delicate and beautiful layered. To me it feels perfect for everyday wear. Attaching a pic of my inspiration! I can understand those that think it doesn’t have presence but to me it seems beautiful and very practical if you prefer more delicate pieces and have a more casual lifestyle. 8FB1B1B2-B9C6-40E1-9C57-31B27E31744C.jpeg

☝...I’m with Jenaywins. I am eyeing the 16 motif sweet. I also own the vintage hammered 10 motif YG. I am not getting enough use as I don’t personally reach for it as a daily wear piece. The 16 motif looks delicate and beautiful layered. To me it feels perfect for everyday wear. Attaching a pic of my inspiration! I can understand those that think it doesn’t have presence but to me it seems beautiful and very practical if you prefer more delicate pieces and have a more casual lifestyle. View attachment 4795542

Stunning. :heart:

You need to think about the other jewelry you'll want to wear with this piece. I do think yellow gold is a little more versatile since there are more Alhambra pieces in yg than any other color. I like the classic hammered gold better than the guilloche for casual wear, so I am glad you will try it on in both metals before deciding. I actually bought the 6 motif rose gold bracelet as my first piece and exchanged it for the yellow gold vintage bracelet. You are wise to think about pieces that you'll want to wear when you are older.

Thanks for your insight - it's very helpful since you've both. What in particular puts you off the 10 motif for daily wear? Is it because you find the hammered gold still to be too much? The 10 motif guilloche was definitely the case for me so I'm hoping the hammered style will tone it down but will have to see. Daily wear is definitely my go-to justification case and my style is pretty casual most of the time.

☝...I’m with Jenaywins. I am eyeing the 16 motif sweet. I also own the vintage hammered 10 motif YG. I am not getting enough use as I don’t personally reach for it as a daily wear piece. The 16 motif looks delicate and beautiful layered. To me it feels perfect for everyday wear. Attaching a pic of my inspiration! I can understand those that think it doesn’t have presence but to me it seems beautiful and very practical if you prefer more delicate pieces and have a more casual lifestyle.

That looks so great and firmly putting the 16 back into contention! Deliberation, deliberations... Would be so much easier to just get everything!

You need to think about the other jewelry you'll want to wear with this piece. I do think yellow gold is a little more versatile since there are more Alhambra pieces in yg than any other color. I like the classic hammered gold better than the guilloche for casual wear, so I am glad you will try it on in both metals before deciding. I actually bought the 6 motif rose gold bracelet as my first piece and exchanged it for the yellow gold vintage bracelet. You are wise to think about pieces that you'll want to wear when you are older.

Thanks! It's rather hard to imagine what my taste will be like in the decades to come so I do look on this forum for guidance and inspiration :angel: I'm finding some of my previous jewelry to be rather young now so am in the process of culling, but would like to avoid that for VCA. Though there's no such thing as 100% future proof so can only try my best and not rush these decisions!

1. I think both golds look good on you. But get YG if that’s what you love. I personally love RG, I think it’s so soft and pretty.

2. I love my 16 sweet. I’ve been wearing it 24/7 since I purchased it. The motif is small but cuz there’s 16 I feel it’s enough. Def looks better in person than in pics. I originally bought mine to stack with my holiday pendant that looks really flat on me. But since I got the 16 sweet I’ve been wearing it doubled on its own. So comfortable and easy to wear. It gets tangled occasionally but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t think I’ll be growing out of it. I can see it being an issue if it was a single pendant.

3. I personally don’t like the 20 on me cuz I’m 5’2 but looks beautiful on others. However I do feel the 16 sweet worn long is lacking, so def will need to stack it if worn long.

So based on all the info you provided. I feel you will probably be happiest with the 10 VA YG.

Thanks for your insight - it's very helpful since you've both. What in particular puts you off the 10 motif for daily wear? Is it because you find the hammered gold still to be too much? The 10 motif guilloche was definitely the case for me so I'm hoping the hammered style will tone it down but will have to see. Daily wear is definitely my go-to justification case and my style is pretty casual most of the time.

I think it's the way the 10 motif sits higher on the neckline and has larger stations. The sweet sits high on the neckline when doubled but feels more casual because of the smaller stations, if that makes sense. The 10 motif reminds me more of a choker almost which is definitely not casual, IMO.

If it were me, I would go with the 16 motif and then grab the Guilloche pendant later on. Or both at once. Shrug. ;)

1. I think both golds look good on you. But get YG if that’s what you love. I personally love RG, I think it’s so soft and pretty.

2. I love my 16 sweet. I’ve been wearing it 24/7 since I purchased it. The motif is small but cuz there’s 16 I feel it’s enough. Def looks better in person than in pics. I originally bought mine to stack with my holiday pendant that looks really flat on me. But since I got the 16 sweet I’ve been wearing it doubled on its own. So comfortable and easy to wear. It gets tangled occasionally but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t think I’ll be growing out of it. I can see it being an issue if it was a single pendant.

3. I personally don’t like the 20 on me cuz I’m 5’2 but looks beautiful on others. However I do feel the 16 sweet worn long is lacking, so def will need to stack it if worn long.

So based on all the info you provided. I feel you will probably be happiest with the 10 VA YG.

Really!? I love this idea! I didn't think to wear mine 24/7 as I generally have my pave pendant on but I like this idea so much. Do you find that the doubled 16 motif lends itself to all different necklines?

Really!? I love this idea! I didn't think to wear mine 24/7 as I generally have my pave pendant on but I like this idea so much. Do you find that the doubled 16 motif lends itself to all different necklines?

I’m not quite sure I understand your question. But when i wear it doubled it sits similar to OP pic. So it is at different necklines. Also you can wear it lariat style stacked with a pendant. Or have it hanging at the back if you wear something open back. You can play around with it and see what works for you. Sorry if I didn’t answer your correctly.

I vote for 10 motif vintage hammered gold in YG. The 10 motif guilloche looks perfect on you, but is a bit blingy for my taste. The hammered gold 10 motif is currently #1 on my personal wishlist. :girlsigh:

Can I throw another option out there? My favorite “best of both worlds” is to add a 5 motif behind the neck to a 10 motif.
1) Ease: you do not need to unclasp to put it on, so I wear these combos almost every day, while the actual 10s I never wear.

2) Length- perfect length IMO- closest to the 16. I am also short, so the 20 is a bit too long when not doubled up.

3) Versatility- multiple combos available. You can also buy the 10 first and add the 5 later if you like.

Can I throw another option out there? My favorite “best of both worlds” is to add a 5 motif behind the neck to a 10 motif.
1) Ease: you do not need to unclasp to put it on, so I wear these combos almost every day, while the actual 10s I never wear.

2) Length- perfect length IMO- closest to the 16. I am also short, so the 20 is a bit too long when not doubled up.

3) Versatility- multiple combos available. You can also buy the 10 first and add the 5 later if you like.
I do this too Nicole!!! Ironically the 15 motif combo hits me at the right spot if I shorten bracelet to fit my wrist. This is a great idea especially since the 16 is not substantial when worn long compared to the 10+5.

I do this too Nicole!!! Ironically the 15 motif combo hits me at the right spot if I shorten bracelet to fit my wrist. This is a great idea especially since the 16 is not substantial when worn long compared to the 10+5.
It’s a great combination of comfort, length, visual appeal and cost per wear! I’m glad to hear that I’m in good company with you in wearing this combo :smile:

I’m older than you and I think sweet necklaces and bracelets are good if you like to layer. As you age you may tire of them and want something with more presence. They don’t have enough oomph on their own. The sweet earrings, however, make good everyday pieces.

I really like the hammered PG on you and I think that or YG would be fabulous for daily wear.

I also have the sweet pg and what sold me was Roxy layering this up. I love how understated it is and can layer it with other necklaces. Here’s another inspo pic of her wearing it with a magic pendant. I wear mine all the time. I love the 10 station too...but when I tried it on...it just wasn’t for me. Can’t go wrong with either choice

48D3782F-4CB1-4E2B-98D7-29E3098B6909.jpeg