Coach Ready-to-Wear

AntRay23

O.G.
May 5, 2013
Hey tPFers!

I hope everyone is staying safe from the pandemic and everything going on. I feel like it’s been a bit quite lately around here, so just thought I’d see if we could gather some conversation around another category that Coach has to offer...you guessed it! Ready-to-Wear.

I’ve seen posts here and there around some items, but wasn’t sure if there was an actual thread dedicated to it. (Pls dont @ me if there is, or try to redirect me.)

I know with a lot of us being stuck inside for so long, and some of us starting to get back to somewhat “normal,” we’ve all been browsing and guilty of shopping online! So tell me, anyone purchase any RTW lately or own previous items? Would love to see some pics! (They don’t have to be model pictures if not wanted.)

Hope to hear back from some of y’all!

-Ant

Since the inception of Coach RTW with the 2013 Capsule Collection (Borough), I've probably owned a few dozen pieces of Coach RTW. I haven't hung onto many, though.

The Vevers pieces from Fall 2014 - Spring 2017 were incredible with Fall 2015, Fall 2016, and Resort 2017 collections being standouts in my opinion. These first collections I felt that the RTW was crafted with the upmost care and luxury. Some of the leather and shearling pieces from this era reminded me of the RTW from Vuitton at the time.

Since Fall 2017, though, Coach largely hasn't produced 90% of what they show on the Runway. What they are producing are the pieces that are easiest to produce and sell or T-Shirts / Sweatshirts, which aren't really "luxurious" compared to the Runway offering.

I've largely stopped buying their RTW because they don't make the pieces that I love on the Runway.

Since the inception of Coach RTW with the 2013 Capsule Collection (Borough), I've probably owned a few dozen pieces of Coach RTW. I haven't hung onto many, though.

The Vevers pieces from Fall 2014 - Spring 2017 were incredible with Fall 2015, Fall 2016, and Resort 2017 collections being standouts in my opinion. These first collections I felt that the RTW was crafted with the upmost care and luxury. Some of the leather and shearling pieces from this era reminded me of the RTW from Vuitton at the time.

Since Fall 2017, though, Coach largely hasn't produced 90% of what they show on the Runway. What they are producing are the pieces that are easiest to produce and sell or T-Shirts / Sweatshirts, which aren't really "luxurious" compared to the Runway offering.

I've largely stopped buying their RTW because they don't make the pieces that I love on the Runway.
Thanks for sharing! Would love to see photos of the pieces you’ve owned/do own.

As far as runway RTW, I’ve noticed more of it during the traveling trunk shows and when I’ve visited the city I’ve seen quite a few pieces as well.

Thanks for sharing! Would love to see photos of the pieces you’ve owned/do own.

As far as runway RTW, I’ve noticed more of it during the traveling trunk shows and when I’ve visited the city I’ve seen quite a few pieces as well.

Here's a handful of sweaters that I have after a big cleanout of old stuff:

sweaters.jpg

Fall 2014 "Danny" Sweater (have two of these)
Coach_012_1366.1366x2048.jpg
Men's Fall 2016 Roll Neck Sweater
Coach_009_1366.jpg
Men's Fall 2017 Plaid Sweater
34-coach-menswear-fall-womenswear-pre-fall-2017.jpg
Men's Spring 2018 Baseman Skull Sweater (have 2 of these)

_COA0549.jpg
Spring 2018 Baseman "Have a Gnarly Day" Sweatshirt (also have the trouser verions of these shorts)
_COA0459.jpg
Spring 2020 Cigarette Sweater
_FIO0518.jpg

The rest is mostly leather or shearling jackets. Also have some of the Pre Fall 2016 shearling scarves and the studded bandana from Spring 2017.

Here's a handful of sweaters that I have after a big cleanout of old stuff:

View attachment 4795589

Fall 2014 "Danny" Sweater (have two of these)
View attachment 4795590
Men's Fall 2016 Roll Neck Sweater
View attachment 4795591
Men's Fall 2017 Plaid Sweater
View attachment 4795600
Men's Spring 2018 Baseman Skull Sweater (have 2 of these)

View attachment 4795602
Spring 2018 Baseman "Have a Gnarly Day" Sweatshirt (also have the trouser verions of these shorts)
View attachment 4795601
Spring 2020 Cigarette Sweater
View attachment 4795603

The rest is mostly leather or shearling jackets. Also have some of the Pre Fall 2016 shearling scarves and the studded bandana from Spring 2017.
Love it! I’m a sweater and sweatshirt person! Always kicking myself in the butt for not getting the Apollo one as well as the Harlem varsity jacket.

I’ve been into the 1941 bags for a while, but I too have been hesitant to spend so much on RTW. I did purchase a couple of silk scarves and a shearling muffler directly from COACH, all heavily discounted. As can be expected from the brand, the pieces are well constructed of high quality materials, especially the shearling.

6EB08C38-384D-4EE7-819B-FEC83C94D13A.jpeg

Now that some years have passed, I’ve been able to find great deals on Poshmark and eBay for more substantial runway items, usually NWT and sometimes NWOT. In February I acquired the most gorgeous black and cream shearling hoodie from the Pre-Fall 2016 Collection (right before COACH branded their runway RTW as 1941). The MSRP is $1795 USD and I snagged a NWT in my size for $220 USD! It is by far the nicest piece of clothing I own, and is even more luxurious than my early release 1941 bags. It has a Lampo zipper like the ones premier designers use. I find the fit very flattering, while the shearling pocket details and full leather hood are fun and unique. Pockets also fit my iPhone X perfectly :smile:

96CDF2C6-88F3-4833-AFF3-70D11F24678B.jpeg

A58289C1-5EFC-4C34-8422-C772F7E9962A.jpeg

I went a little nuts in quarantine and sold a lot of things in my closet. I then realized that I had some gaps in my wardrobe and started trying to build on it. Most of my clothes are not very expensive, but I do spend more on outerwear. I recently ordered three different jackets from COACH, all of which I’m currently waiting to receive. I found all of them at rock bottom prices and in the correct size! The first is a silk floral print bomber jacket that is completely different from anything I’ve seen. I believe it is from Spring 2016, though I don’t think the exact piece was worn on the runway. I’ve included an image of a similar jacket on the runway, as well pictures of the actual style. The retail price is $695 USD and I found it for $80 USD. This seems to be more of a lightweight layering jacket for warmer weather and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Though I may have to wait due to all the shipping delays.

08898574-4D95-4679-AC0B-39D1471930B9.jpeg

9F1DC226-4331-4F60-BD4B-4F6EF61A8F53.jpeg

086B0F46-047F-49CA-9F1F-A0511C573991.jpeg

8FD5C616-0D17-4E51-A595-78D6F5FA79B3.jpeg

The second jacket I purchased is one that I saw on the website years ago. I loved it, but it was too expensive and I was less comfortable with wearing bolder styles. I have since gained some confidence and just couldn’t resist picking up this beautiful light denim jacket with silver rivets from Spring 2015. Especially brand new for $72 USD, down from $695 USD. The western style is actually quite well suited to where I live, though I never ventured in that direction until now. COACH adds the right amount of edge to classic fashion, and it’s helped me try more things while still maintaining a focused and cohesive personal style.

CAC9F844-A355-425B-B08D-B0D12C21024B.jpeg

A35AA142-943D-4BB1-8EE4-4B62CF4C0E5A.jpeg

Pictured in Vogue magazine!
436D3ED4-F222-474E-AE3D-C226459DA22E.jpeg

C839C634-C3CA-43DD-9CE9-26F15CD73EF3.jpeg

I purchased the other two jackets to fill empty spots in my closet: I do not have a summer-appropriate jacket that pairs well with colourful floral prints, and the silk bomber fit the bill. I have just one very old, cheap, distressed denim jacket, and the only white jacket in my closet does not fit me well. It is also not great quality despite being a bit pricey, which is always so disappointing. The studded jean jacket will hopefully be a much more robust addition to my wardrobe. Apparently it is veryyy heavy due to all of that metal...

The third item I purchased is a varsity jacket, which is not a style I previously thought of myself wearing. I fell in love with the silhouette while scrolling through COACH runway photos, just another example of how Stuart’s designs make me want to expand my style in ways that never occurred to me. It is a wool blend with leather sleeves, quilted on the inside. It is also a factory piece, which does not bother me as long as the quality is up to par. I adore pink and black combos so I knew I had to have this one :heart: MSRP is again $695, and I actually paid more for this one than the other two pieces combined at about $170 USD. It seems crazy that the boutique pieces could sell for much less than factory items, but I suppose it is all about demand!

300C6CED-1470-4FF2-9D23-11764E955692.jpeg

I’ll try to post updates as I receive the items, in the meantime I would love to see more from everyone else!

Last edited:
Reactions: SittinInCoach
I’ve been into the 1941 bags for a while, but I too have been hesitant to spend so much on RTW. I did purchase a couple of silk scarves and a shearling muffler directly from COACH, all heavily discounted. As can be expected from the brand, the pieces are well constructed of high quality materials, especially the shearling.

View attachment 4796517

Now that some years have passed, I’ve been able to find great deals on Poshmark and eBay for more substantial runway items, usually NWT and sometimes NWOT. In February I acquired the most gorgeous black and cream shearling hoodie from the Pre-Fall 2016 Collection (right before COACH branded their runway RTW as 1941). The MSRP is $1795 USD and I snagged a NWT in my size for $220 USD! It is by far the nicest piece of clothing I own, and is even more luxurious than my early release 1941 bags. It has a Lampo zipper like the ones premier designers use. I find the fit very flattering, while the shearling pocket details and full leather hood are fun and unique. Pockets also fit my iPhone X perfectly :smile:

View attachment 4796534

View attachment 4796506

I went a little nuts in quarantine and sold a lot of things in my closet. I then realized that I had some gaps in my wardrobe and started trying to build on it. Most of my clothes are not very expensive, but I do spend more on outerwear. I recently ordered three different jackets from COACH, all of which I’m currently waiting to receive. I found all of them at rock bottom prices and in the correct size! The first is a silk floral print bomber jacket that is completely different from anything I’ve seen. I believe it is from Spring 2016, though I don’t think the exact piece was worn on the runway. I’ve included an image of a similar jacket on the runway, as well pictures of the actual style. The retail price is $695 USD and I found it for $80 USD. This seems to be more of a lightweight layering jacket for warmer weather and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Though I may have to wait due to all the shipping delays.

View attachment 4796511

View attachment 4796507

View attachment 4796509

View attachment 4796510

The second jacket I purchased is one that I saw on the website years ago. I loved it, but it was too expensive and I was less comfortable with wearing bolder styles. I have since gained some confidence and just couldn’t resist picking up this beautiful light denim jacket with silver rivets from Spring 2015. Especially brand new for $72 USD, down from $695 USD. The western style is actually quite well suited to where I live, though I never ventured in that direction until now. COACH adds the right amount of edge to classic fashion, and it’s helped me try more things while still maintaining a focused and cohesive personal style.

View attachment 4796543

View attachment 4796516

Pictured in Vogue magazine!
View attachment 4796512

View attachment 4796544

I purchased the other two jackets to fill empty spots in my closet: I do not have a summer-appropriate jacket that pairs well with colourful floral prints, and the silk bomber fit the bill. I have just one very old, cheap, distressed denim jacket, and the only white jacket in my closet does not fit me well. It is also not great quality despite being a bit pricey, which is always so disappointing. The studded jean jacket will hopefully be a much more robust addition to my wardrobe. Apparently it is veryyy heavy due to all of that metal...

The third item I purchased is a varsity jacket, which is not a style I previously thought of myself wearing. I fell in love with the silhouette while scrolling through COACH runway photos, just another example of how Stuart’s designs make me want to expand my style in ways that never occurred to me. It is a wool blend with leather sleeves, quilted on the inside. It is also a factory piece, which does not bother me as long as the quality is up to par. I adore pink and black combos so I knew I had to have this one :heart: MSRP is again $695, and I actually paid more for this one than the other two pieces combined at about $170 USD. It seems crazy that the boutique pieces could sell for much less than factory items, but I suppose it is all about demand!

View attachment 4796518

I’ll try to post updates as I receive the items, in the meantime I would love to see more from everyone else!
Funny, I had the Black Shearling Hoodie, too, and I found the sizing to be completely off. It was a size 10 and fit like a size 6. I ended up rehoming it.

Oh wow, that is too bad! I am petite and most clothes do not fit well (even size 00P or XXS at the majority of stores). I purchased the hoodie in size 0, perhaps it does run small and that’s why it worked so well for me. Sorry to hear your experience was not the same, it is one of my favourite pieces :sad:

• Love
Reactions: MaryThorpe