Anybody work at Macy's or Bloomingdales?

If you work for Macy's or Bloomingaldes or any other Federated Department Store, you receive your employee discount at ALL FDS stores. You must use their credit card to get the discount. Apparently everything is included in this discount, even cosmetics. You are charged the full price at the time of the transaction, and you get the discount off your monthly bill statement. Does anyone know if this discount applies for designer labels like Marc Jacobs, Fendi, and Gucci? Also, would you receive this discount on LV from the 59th & Lex store in Manhattan? I know LV is never sold for a sale price, however this is not really a sale...you pay full price, and it is FDS who gives you a reimbursement of sorts.

I have no idea if this is true, but a friend of mine works for Bloomies and said one her colleagues got her employee discount on LV from the Manhattan store. I don't work at an FDS, but I might consider working retail as the employee discount would certainly be a nice plus for handbag freak like myself. ;)

I heard that there is no employee discount for leased space like LV. As far as I know Macy's/Bloomingdales does not carry Gucci. There was a Gucci bag (which I ended up getting) I was going to open a new account at Macy's/Bloomindales and I could not find any locations that sold Gucci. And when I asked if I open a new account would the discount apply to LV and I was told no.

I heard that there is no employee discount for leased space like LV. As far as I know Macy's/Bloomingdales does not carry Gucci. There was a Gucci bag (which I ended up getting) I was going to open a new account at Macy's/Bloomindales and I could not find any locations that sold Gucci. And when I asked if I open a new account would the discount apply to LV and I was told no.
Cosmetic Counters (ie: MAC counters, Dior counters, etc) are also leased space, yet the employee discount still applies. I know that that Macy's sometimes offers their employees cashback incentives (sometimes up to 10%) on their Visa line of credit, so if you buy at the right time, with 10% cashback you would end up saving a couple hundred bucks on a $2000 LV bag.

I know for a fact that the flagship 59th & Lex Bloomingdales carries Gucci (at least they used to) because I used to live in the city and I personally purchased a Gucci handbag from there. Each store has different buyers, so the lines carried varies by location.

employee discount does not work on LV at all Federated Stores. it use to but it was changed recently (well not recently but it was changed some time in the past two years). it does however work on Marc Jacobs, Fendi, and Chloe. Not too sure about Gucci, Jimmy Choo, or Burberry though

Adorable pooch by the
way...is he a papillon or chihuahua?

Thanks

I am not 100% sure what he is (besides VERY spoiled). We found him when he was 4 months old. The people that left him left him with a note saying he was a long hair Chi. But he most likely is mixed with something but we just don't know with what.

I work for Macy's. We use to be eligible for the discount at the LV counter in the Macy's in Herald Square.. however, Macy's, Inc. didn't renew their contract with LVMH and we no longer get the discount there since it is a leased department.. same for the LV counters @ Bloomingdale's. We do get discount on all the other brands though. Hope this helps!