How do you store your floppy/unstructured bags?

Citosgirl

Jan 25, 2019
Sorry, but I haven't been able to find any threads on this topic. I tend to favour unstructured/floppy/hobo style bags. For instance, my favourite bags are my Gucci Jackies. I'm curious how other people store these kinds of handbags. I have them in the dust bags and upright (as much as possible). But the ones that don't get used as often, the handles are starting to get a bit distorted, since they flop over on themselves. I considered getting some handbag stands, to prop up the handles, but I worry that will also distort the shape of the handle by pulling it up. Ideally, I think they probably should lie flat, but I don't have that kind of storage space. Other bags, like my Celine Bittersweet hobo, pose even more storage problems. it's basically a puddle. Any tips from other lovers of unstructured bags?

I hate the look of a fallen-on-itself bag, even though I do love slouchy bags in general, so I always stuff all my bags with stuffing paper. Helps preserve their shape and also just looks a lot better. You could also use pillows.

As for storage space... I don't have much of that, but then I also don't have that many bags - yet! But I wouldn't just lay my bags flat or hang them by the handles for the reason you mentioned. Just wouldn't be able to muster the strength to do that. I want my item nicely displayed and properly stuffed. Perhaps you could add some shelves or chests of drawers?

Reactions: Citosgirl
I hate the look of a fallen-on-itself bag, even though I do love slouchy bags in general, so I always stuff all my bags with stuffing paper. Helps preserve their shape and also just looks a lot better. You could also use pillows.

As for storage space... I don't have much of that, but then I also don't have that many bags - yet! But I wouldn't just lay my bags flat or hang them by the handles for the reason you mentioned. Just wouldn't be able to muster the strength to do that. I want my item nicely displayed and properly stuffed. Perhaps you could add some shelves or chests of drawers?
Thanks for the tips! :smile: I think it's that when I stand the bags up, the handles sort of flop over, if that makes sense. I'm worried that the flopping over is destroying the handle shape. My Jackie handles don't stand up when I store them, for instance. I do stuff them with those air papers, but it doesn't do much for the handles. Maybe it's just something I have to accept!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! :smile: I think it's that when I stand the bags up, the handles sort of flop over, if that makes sense. I'm worried that the flopping over is destroying the handle shape. My Jackie handles don't stand up when I store them, for instance. I do stuff them with those air papers, but it doesn't do much for the handles. Maybe it's just something I have to accept!
I suppose if you could find a handbag stand that will be tall enough to support the handle, but not so tall that the Jackie won't be able to stand on the shelf, so that the bag won't be pulling on the handles with its weight? And to help preserve the rounded shape of the handles I would also suggest a padded hook of some sort? So that it's more like an upside-down "U" shape than a "V" shape if that makes sense?

Reactions: Citosgirl
I suppose if you could find a handbag stand that will be tall enough to support the handle, but not so tall that the Jackie won't be able to stand on the shelf, so that the bag won't be pulling on the handles with its weight? And to help preserve the rounded shape of the handles I would also suggest a padded hook of some sort? So that it's more like an upside-down "U" shape than a "V" shape if that makes sense?
That's a great idea!

Reactions: IntheOcean