Buy online or buy in boutique?

Deal Bandit

Oct 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if I should purchase in store (which would mean I would have to wait for south coast plaza to reopen ) or if I should buy online? I'm concerned about the pending increase in prices, but I would like the in store experience.

Give Alice a call at SCP - She should be able to arrange a drive by. I wouldb't go to BH for any thing their customer service is really lacking in my experience. Message me if you need her contact info.

Thanks for the heads up Hopefully the indoor malls open up soon. Or maybe I'll just drive over to rodeo drive in BH lol. Need a (sorta) road trip anyways lol. I read somewhere they have curbside pickup but to be on the safe side I'll pass.

Reactions: Deal Bandit
Thanks for the heads up Hopefully the indoor malls open up soon. Or maybe I'll just drive over to rodeo drive in BH lol. Need a (sorta) road trip anyways lol. I read somewhere they have curbside pickup but to be on the safe side I'll pass.
Haha I thought about doing the same thing! I texted my SA at south coast plaza earlier today and she said she doesn’t know when the boutique will open back up, but she’ll keep me posted. I’ll update this thread if I get more info!

Reactions: Deal Bandit
Hi! Would you mind linking where you talked about your online experience?! I’m curious how it went! Thanks
here's her post

Hi I recently ordered online from Cartier. I live in the UK so not sure how different the experience is in the US.

I knew exactly what I wanted: a plain Love classic in rose gold. I had been researching this for a few months so my mind was pretty much made up. I printed their wrist sizer, got my measurement. Ordered on a Wednesday and the bangle turned up on Friday. It came in a large white box with "Cartier" printed on the underside of the lid, and within this box was the smaller red box, wrapped in the white paper with the wax seal. Also a buff coloured envelope with LOVE printed on the outside which held a small hard red folder with the certificate of authenticity inside. A red Cartier carrier bag with the silky red strings. Lastly, a small plain white envelope with a blank embossed card inside, in case you're giving it as a gift and want to write something. No travel pouch or cleaning solution, but that doesn't really bother me a great deal.

Pros for me is that I live a looong way from a Cartier store and unless I was after something exceptional, I can't be arsed to travel all that way. I work long hours, traveling to London and back is just something I don't want to be doing in my spare time. There's lots of good information on sites like this one which is satisfactory for me. I'm also pretty decisive, once I make up my mind I rarely second-guess my choices, and my feeling is that you can't go wrong with any Cartier piece (unless of course you get your size wrong) so how much of a mistake is it going to be?

As far as the in-store experience, I'm sure it's very nice but I can take it or leave it. Also there's a real danger (?!) of getting side-tracked by more beautiful things that sparkle suggestively in their polished glass cases... I can do without that (or should I say my wallet could do without that!)

So yeah, my "experience" was non-eventful and went perfectly smoothly and I love my Love!!! As I said, if I was looking for something more unusual and costly, I'd def make the effort to go see it in person. But for the pieces that are a little more ubiquitous I'd have no hesitation to order online again.

Hi I recently ordered online from Cartier. I live in the UK so not sure how different the experience is in the US.

I knew exactly what I wanted: a plain Love classic in rose gold. I had been researching this for a few months so my mind was pretty much made up. I printed their wrist sizer, got my measurement. Ordered on a Wednesday and the bangle turned up on Friday. It came in a large white box with "Cartier" printed on the underside of the lid, and within this box was the smaller red box, wrapped in the white paper with the wax seal. Also a buff coloured envelope with LOVE printed on the outside which held a small hard red folder with the certificate of authenticity inside. A red Cartier carrier bag with the silky red strings. Lastly, a small plain white envelope with a blank embossed card inside, in case you're giving it as a gift and want to write something. No travel pouch or cleaning solution, but that doesn't really bother me a great deal.

Pros for me is that I live a looong way from a Cartier store and unless I was after something exceptional, I can't be arsed to travel all that way. I work long hours, traveling to London and back is just something I don't want to be doing in my spare time. There's lots of good information on sites like this one which is satisfactory for me. I'm also pretty decisive, once I make up my mind I rarely second-guess my choices, and my feeling is that you can't go wrong with any Cartier piece (unless of course you get your size wrong) so how much of a mistake is it going to be?

As far as the in-store experience, I'm sure it's very nice but I can take it or leave it. Also there's a real danger (?!) of getting side-tracked by more beautiful things that sparkle suggestively in their polished glass cases... I can do without that (or should I say my wallet could do without that!)

So yeah, my "experience" was non-eventful and went perfectly smoothly and I love my Love!!! As I said, if I was looking for something more unusual and costly, I'd def make the effort to go see it in person. But for the pieces that are a little more ubiquitous I'd have no hesitation to order online again.
Same. I’ve ordered twice from the online boutique and have never had an issue. I had the exact same experience you did and received everything you noted.
I don’t see anything wrong with buying online, especially these days. The downside is that an SA doesn’t get a commission, which is a shame, but it’s nearly impossible for some to get to a store (whether due to distance or strict COVID restrictions) and I don’t think anyone should be dissuaded from ordering online.
I am in the LA area. We’re pretty much back in lockdown mode. My only option is curbside pickup or ordering online. Even if the stores open, I don’t feel comfortable going to the SCP store because it’s an indoor mall and I don’t want to go to BH bc LA is such a disaster. It’s not worth the stress and anxiety right now, over a piece of jewelry. If you really, really want something that’s ubiquitous, like @AnneS55 said, go for it. Order online and enjoy your purchases.

Hi ,which part of UK do you live in ,I am in the northwest near Manchester .I ordered my necklace from Selfridge's which was delivered the next day .I did call them and say I had not got the travel pouch which they promptly sent me in two days ,of course the cleaning kit they did not send ,something about royal mail .I got all that you described except the wax seal wrapping .I heard another person from UK who said she ordered online and due to the bangle being a bit small ,the online Cartier sent a courier for collection within two days .I desperately want a thin JUC with diamonds ,which my online Cartier SA said he would keep me updated ,hopely before this year as who knows what Brexit brings as the online is in Amsterdam.

Reactions: hhw
Hi ,which part of UK do you live in ,I am in the northwest near Manchester .I ordered my necklace from Selfridge's which was delivered the next day .I did call them and say I had not got the travel pouch which they promptly sent me in two days ,of course the cleaning kit they did not send ,something about royal mail .I got all that you described except the wax seal wrapping .I heard another person from UK who said she ordered online and due to the bangle being a bit small ,the online Cartier sent a courier for collection within two days .I desperately want a thin JUC with diamonds ,which my online Cartier SA said he would keep me updated ,hopely before this year as who knows what Brexit brings as the online is in Amsterdam.
I live in the southwest and the thought of having to get a train into London and battling crowds is enough to put me off going to the boutiques so thank god for online shopping. I wasn't too bothered about not receiving a travel pouch or cleaning kit, however next time I make a purchase, I will be sure to ask for them. I know what you're saying about the whole Brexit thing, who knows what that's going to do to prices here, it was one of the reasons I decided to buy my Love now and avoid likely price increases.

Reactions: umamanikam