Help! Leather peeling and dark yellow marks on hardware

oceanz22

O.G.
Jan 23, 2011
Hi, I bought my Chanel flap two years ago when I am travelling in Japan. Usage is less than 20 times and did try to use it with care. Just noticed the bottom part of the bag is peeling and there are some dark yellow dots in the hardware. Anyone encountered this before and is that normal ? What should I do?

7C19AA0E-800B-48BD-83EE-E8C307158C4A.jpeg

B4B01107-988B-4CA1-BAF0-1C2472C630F3.jpeg

Hi! It is a 26 series bag..
The 26 series numbering is from 2018. Unfortunately, with Chanel, you will find that the quality of the leather is a hit or miss. It is such a shame the wear on the corner of the bag. You can try to contact someone at Chanel and see if they can do something for you about the corner wear and the hardware.

For the yellow spots you can try using jewelry polishing cloth to polish see if you can lighten it. It’s less an issue since you can always replace them (likely Chanel will charge since it’s more than 1yr). Make it a point to wipe it after each use.
The leather peeling looks like it was accidentally brushed against some rough surface and deteriorated from there. Cos once an area starts peeling every subsequent rubbing (against any surface), even if gently, will further aggravate it. Unfortunately leather can’t be repaired, only can do a touch up. If Chanel doesn’t help you will have to look for shops that does.

The 26 series numbering is from 2018. Unfortunately, with Chanel, you will find that the quality of the leather is a hit or miss. It is such a shame the wear on the corner of the bag. You can try to contact someone at Chanel and see if they can do something for you about the corner wear and the hardware.
Okay thank you!

Hardware looks tarnished?? Not sure. It can be replaced though by chanel. The corners of these bags are notorious for getting scuffed and wearing unfortunately. Could you have grazed something without realising? As above can be touched up. See what chanel have to say on the matter.

Reactions: OCMomof3
For the yellow spots you can try using jewelry polishing cloth to polish see if you can lighten it. It’s less an issue since you can always replace them (likely Chanel will charge since it’s more than 1yr). Make it a point to wipe it after each use.
The leather peeling looks like it was accidentally brushed against some rough surface and deteriorated from there. Cos once an area starts peeling every subsequent rubbing (against any surface), even if gently, will further aggravate it. Unfortunately leather can’t be repaired, only can do a touch up. If Chanel doesn’t help you will have to look for shops that does.
Thanks for the advice! Would you know how much they charge for the hardware ?

Hardware looks tarnished?? Not sure. It can be replaced though by chanel. The corners of these bags are notorious for getting scuffed and wearing unfortunately. Could you have grazed something without realising? As above can be touched up. See what chanel have to say on the matter.
Yeah , For the hardware I noticed sometime ago. didn’t know Chanel bags tarnish so easily. Do your hardware on Chanel bags tarnish as well?