Opinions on MylockMe bb as first LV

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,
I have zero experience with LV. I looked at different bags by different brands and I’m liking the MylockMe bb in beige (?). I am looking for a leather bag (so no canvas). I want something that works for most outfits, light colored and can be a daytime bag or dressed up for night out. Can this bag work for weddings and special occasions too? Any pros and cons? Is this a trendy bag or part of the classic LV bags. Thanks

1CE0E698-76C1-43CB-8D72-34F51DE354E7.jpeg

Reactions: firstlouis21
This bag is absolutely gorgeous! However, if you haven’t seen it in person I recommend checking it out. The calfskin is quite soft; the display bags at LV that I tried on were quite marked up already. It’s not as scratch-prone as box calf but it’s not as hardy as taurillion or Chanel caviar.
I really wanted this bag but it’s not a good fit for me due to that. The greige color is to die for, though!

Reactions: verychic555
I had this in black and used it regularly for several months and it still looked like brand new. I LOVED the back pocket for my phone, I used my regular Emilie wallet, and it expands to fit whatever I needed. I did use a leather protecting spray and leather conditioner once in a while but there were no scratches on it at all. I would recommend the bag but I have not seen how light this color is, so I would definitely spray it to protect against color transfer

I have this is noir and it's a gorgeous bag. The leather is soft and not supposed to be as hardy as other leathers, but I've had no signs of corner wear, and despite being caught in the rain on occasions it doesn't seem to have done any harm. I'd say it's definitely a bag that can be worn both casually or dressed up. The only con I can think of is that if worn cross body it tends to dent a little at the top of the flap due to the softness of the leather. It doesn't happen with the chain doubled up on the shoulder though.

I don't think this is a classic style from them but it does look gorgeous and has my heart as well. If you like it, go for it! But I do think you should still have a look at it in person like how Kadya mentioned on top since you did mention you don't have much experience with LV bags - just to be safe.

The Mylockme bb is a beautiful bag in a classic shape. I have one in a light Color (bleu olympe) and I'm careful with it (no dark clothes against it an so on) and it is fine. It is a great first bag I think.

I got mine two years ago, still looks good. No scratches n leather is Holding up really well. Here’s the thread from when I first got it.
if u like the look of it, I’d say go for it. It works well for an evening out for me too.
for a first leather LV, u can also check out an Alma in epi leather. To me it’s the most classic n timeless LV ever. The bb size can double up as daily or evening wear provided you don’t carry too much. Capacity for lockme bb n Alma bb is almost the same.

Reactions: firstlouis21
As mentioned above, best try out the bag in boutique to see if it looks good on you as crossbody, single and double chain. The chain strap is sliding through the metal hooks on top of the bag to make it flexible as single or double chain strap and if one of the chain comes loose off the shoulder when carrying as double, it will quickly drop down as single chain. Does that happen easily to those already got this bag and if so, those that bother you?

As mentioned above, best try out the bag in boutique to see if it looks good on you as crossbody, single and double chain. The chain strap is sliding through the metal hooks on top of the bag to make it flexible as single or double chain strap and if one of the chain comes loose off the shoulder when carrying as double, it will quickly drop down as single chain. Does that happen easily to those already got this bag and if so, those that bother you?
Never happened to me before. the strap stays securely on my shoulder.

I had this in black and used it regularly for several months and it still looked like brand new. I LOVED the back pocket for my phone, I used my regular Emilie wallet, and it expands to fit whatever I needed. I did use a leather protecting spray and leather conditioner once in a while but there were no scratches on it at all. I would recommend the bag but I have not seen how light this color is, so I would definitely spray it to protect against color transfer
I have this is noir and it's a gorgeous bag. The leather is soft and not supposed to be as hardy as other leathers, but I've had no signs of corner wear, and despite being caught in the rain on occasions it doesn't seem to have done any harm. I'd say it's definitely a bag that can be worn both casually or dressed up. The only con I can think of is that if worn cross body it tends to dent a little at the top of the flap due to the softness of the leather. It doesn't happen with the chain doubled up on the shoulder though.
The Mylockme bb is a beautiful bag in a classic shape. I have one in a light Color (bleu olympe) and I'm careful with it (no dark clothes against it an so on) and it is fine. It is a great first bag I think.
I got mine two years ago, still looks good. No scratches n leather is Holding up really well. Here’s the thread from when I first got it.
if u like the look of it, I’d say go for it. It works well for an evening out for me too.
for a first leather LV, u can also check out an Alma in epi leather. To me it’s the most classic n timeless LV ever. The bb size can double up as daily or evening wear provided you don’t carry too much. Capacity for lockme bb n Alma bb is almost the same.

Thank you all for your advice. I finally had the chance to see the bag in person, well the black version. The SA showed me what the beige color looks like. I have one question for anyone who owned it for a while, does the bag sag or slouch with use? The bag is very nice and checks most of my boxes. I’m just concerned it will lose it’s shape over time due to the softness of the leather and look old if you you know what I mean. Thanks again

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advice. I finally had the chance to see the bag in person, well the black version. The SA showed me what the beige color looks like. I have one question for anyone who owned it for a while, does the bag sag or slouch with use? The bag is very nice and checks most of my boxes. I’m just concerned it will lose it’s shape over time due to the softness of the leather and look old if you you know what I mean. Thanks again
No it doesn’t slouch. It’s quite structured. The leather is also thick n does not crumple. my bag has not lost shape.