Scarves Shipping Fee 2020

Awillow

Jun 6, 2019
Well, once you are in front of the scarf counter they make the hand sanitizer available again and explain that we’re welcome to use it as necessary... not mandatory at all. I was super uptight the day I went in, especially because both scarves that they were holding for me had been sold, but it was a pretty relaxed experience overall
What a disappointment that must have been, fifi. Sounds like you took it in stride.

Thanks for weighing in, BagsRGreat. I am not sure if these are placeholders or not. A few weeks ago, when the website was flooded with previously sold out designs (Acte III, Index Palmarum, to name a couple), I tried to buy a Baobab Cat gav, previously sold out, which repeatedly returned the same message when trying to buy it. I had to conclude it was sold and the offering not yet deleted. I ended up buying it from Madison Ave, but they charged a $25 shipping fee, which shipping is free if buying from the website. And I agree with you that the new scarves aren’t often purchaseable. It’s a very nutty website, I’ll say that.
A shipping fee?? Is this new? My store has never charged me a shipping fee. :tdown:

Reactions: Karenska
A shipping fee?? Is this new? My store has never charged me a shipping fee. :tdown:
Not the OP and not to get too far off topic, but this happened to me as well last season when buying a twilly from the Madison Ave boutique. I kind of made a stink about it and they backed off it and removed the fee. I have ordered from a few other boutiques remotely and have never been charged a shipping fee, so I don’t know if it is something particular to that boutique :confused1:

• Wow
Reactions: klynneann
Not the OP and not to get too far off topic, but this happened to me as well last season when buying a twilly from the Madison Ave boutique. I kind of made a stink about it and they backed off it and removed the fee. I have ordered from a few other boutiques remotely and have never been charged a shipping fee, so I don’t know if it is something particular to that boutique :confused1:
I was charged a $25 Fed Ex shipping fee when I placed an order for an Acte III from a couple of seasons ago from the Orlando boutique in June. I suggested that I’d rather pay $7 for USPS, but that wasn’t an option. So, no, the fee is not unique to the Madison Avenue boutique.

I was charged a $25 Fed Ex shipping fee when I placed an order for an Acte III from a couple of seasons ago from the Orlando boutique in June. I suggested that I’d rather pay $7 for USPS, but that wasn’t an option. So, no, the fee is not unique to the Madison Avenue boutique.
Maybe it’s a new policy. But if H.com has free shipping, why do the boutiques charge one? I wish I’d known I could argue against it because it’s very unfair. I capitulated because I had been looking for this particular scarf for a long time and I was so frustrated it was showing available on the website but not linking to buy it.

• Sad
Reactions: klynneann
OH NO that is crazy! I have had my SA order stuff from the website and so far haven't been charged a shipping fee. I am so sorry to this happened to you and for the shipping to be $25. Outrageous!

Reactions: Karenska
OH NO that is crazy! I have had my SA order stuff from the website and so far haven't been charged a shipping fee. I am so sorry to this happened to you and for the shipping to be $25. Outrageous!
Surfchick, thank you. Just to be clear, the SA at Madison Avenue did not order my scarf from the website, it was in stock in the boutique and I paid for it over the phone, including the $25 S&H and she sent it out right away.

There has always (at least the past three years) been a shipping charge for FedEx from the boutiques in the USA. This is not new and the fee generally ranges from $25-$50 depending on the item being sent. If you place an order over the phone to the boutique or even if you purchase in person but want the items sent home rather them carrying them out with you, they add the “carriage costs” for insured shipping. The only way around this is to do a charge send via your SA to a different boutique. I believe their logic is that in the other situations the client is choosing for the item to be shipped whereas with a charge-send, the client has no option of taking the item with them and the only way to make the sale is by shipping it. Same logic as the website really. Or you could be a VIP and have it waived, but I think those exceptions are harder and harder to get.

There has always (at least the past three years) been a shipping charge for FedEx from the boutiques in the USA. This is not new and the fee generally ranges from $25-$50 depending on the item being sent. If you place an order over the phone to the boutique or even if you purchase in person but want the items sent home rather them carrying them out with you, they add the “carriage costs” for insured shipping. The only way around this is to do a charge send via your SA to a different boutique. I believe their logic is that in the other situations the client is choosing for the item to be shipped whereas with a charge-send, the client has no option of taking the item with them and the only way to make the sale is by shipping it. Same logic as the website really. Or you could be a VIP and have it waived, but I think those exceptions are harder and harder to get.
Thank you for this info.

Related to the topic of inconsistency with Hermes & scarf purchases/delivery - Why is it in Canada if you order a scarf from the website you can return it if it's not acceptable for a full refund to your cc (subject to timing conditions), BUT if you buy the same scarf from one of our 4 boutiques and decide it doesn't look good on you after all (or it's damaged as per ClF experiences), you can only return it for a store credit! Unbelievable.

Related to the topic of inconsistency with Hermes & scarf purchases/delivery - Why is it in Canada if you order a scarf from the website you can return it if it's not acceptable for a full refund to your cc (subject to timing conditions), BUT if you buy the same scarf from one of our 4 boutiques and decide it doesn't look good on you after all (or it's damaged as per ClF experiences), you can only return it for a store credit! Unbelievable.
Do you mean phone order from the store? If you’re buying in person, for right or wrong, you are expected to thoroughly examine the item before purchase and if defective, not buy to begin with. Basically H believes that if one sees the item in person and decides to purchase it, there shouldn’t be buyers remorse. However if you buy sight unseen (via web) they allow room for change of heart after actually viewing the product. Also, there have been greater than zero customers who have purchased a bunch of things to get a bag offer, got the bag offer, then attempted to return the prespend items. No refunds helps guard against this (online purchases have no bearing on bag offers and thus aren’t affected). JMHO. :smile:

FWIW, I ordered some fine jewelry from my home store over the phone just before stores closed back in March, and the $50 shipping fee was waived by the store manager when I asked about it. I am not a VIP by any means. So the situation may be changed recently.

Reactions: JewelryLover101