Been carrying the same bag for months

Pagan

Sep 6, 2017
I've been working from home exclusively since the middle of March, and carried my Mon Mono NF non-stop until late June. I'm only heading out once or twice a week, and it's perfect since it holds all my regular items plus masks, hand sanitizer, etc.

I felt like I should at least use a summer bag for awhile, so now I have my Damier Azur NF out as well. I've been using that for the last three weeks. I'll probably put it away around Labour Day and just go back to my Mon Mono.

I know these are extraordinary times, but all of this has me wondering if I'll ever go back to using many of the bags I have. Certainly, I have no desire to add any items to my collection. I have 20 bags in the closet I haven't even thought about in four months. Even the bags I usually take such pleasure from carrying aren't getting any love.

Is anyone else like this? I almost never come onto the forum any more, but I see people are still thinking about their next purchase and stalking favourites so many are still enjoying their bags.

Maybe when I head back out to the office (which probably won't be until 2021) and I'm out and about more I'll go back to enjoying my bags more. They just aren't on my radar screen at all now. I like the bag I'm using and it's perfect for what I need at the moment, I just see no need to switch into anything else.

I'm trying to keep up hope that things will not always be this way. I have been coming on the forum more than ever as a distraction from working all the time or getting caught up in anxiety. I have added a couple of things to my collection during this time but I have been super cautious and way more picky about it, and it's not as enjoyable as it once was.

I've been working from home exclusively since the middle of March, and carried my Mon Mono NF non-stop until late June. I'm only heading out once or twice a week, and it's perfect since it holds all my regular items plus masks, hand sanitizer, etc.

I felt like I should at least use a summer bag for awhile, so now I have my Damier Azur NF out as well. I've been using that for the last three weeks. I'll probably put it away around Labour Day and just go back to my Mon Mono.

I know these are extraordinary times, but all of this has me wondering if I'll ever go back to using many of the bags I have. Certainly, I have no desire to add any items to my collection. I have 20 bags in the closet I haven't even thought about in four months. Even the bags I usually take such pleasure from carrying aren't getting any love.

Is anyone else like this? I almost never come onto the forum any more, but I see people are still thinking about their next purchase and stalking favourites so many are still enjoying their bags.

Maybe when I head back out to the office (which probably won't be until 2021) and I'm out and about more I'll go back to enjoying my bags more. They just aren't on my radar screen at all now. I like the bag I'm using and it's perfect for what I need at the moment, I just see no need to switch into anything else.
Hi! I totally understand how you feel! I haven't logged into the forum in months as well! I am so paranoid about using my nicer bags since I'm using a lot of hand sanitizer lately. I'm not sure if the alcohol will ruin the leathers of my bag so better to be safe than sorry right? I've basically switched to a basic crossbody bag for my everyday bag. It's not even a luxury brand!

Reactions: Pagan
I’ve been browsing a few bags and some jewelry but cannot justify getting anything new right now, seeing as the most exciting outing I’ve had lately is to Costco. I too have been working from home since around mid-March, and have only taken any of my good bags out maybe a handful of times since then.

Right before COVID hit I purchased some new things for (at the time) upcoming weddings and vacations and now only goodness knows when those will get worn. Things are certainly different. I do still get joy from seeing others new lovely items on this forum, I guess I just don’t have a desire to get anything for myself yet.

I'm trying to keep up hope that things will not always be this way. I have been coming on the forum more than ever as a distraction from working all the time or getting caught up in anxiety. I have added a couple of things to my collection during this time but I have been super cautious and way more picky about it, and it's not as enjoyable as it once was.
I too have been trying to keep up the hope that the situation will not always be this way -- maybe some better therapeutics will be found this year even as we wait for a vaccine for this virus. I also find that reading about handbags or thinking about other hobbies helps distract me from working all the time, so yes, I do visit the forum off and on. Actually, I am not on social media very much (no Instagram and suchlike). This is pretty much the only forum I am participating in at this time.

I can relate. I started working from home in March and probably will remain at home until the autumn and even then, I will most likely work only a couple of days a week at the office.

Having many expensive bags sitting in my closet has seemed pretty stupid (for me, others can buy/own whatever they want) for a longer time, so now I've sold many of them and several more are going until I'm done. I'm aiming for 6 leather and coated canvas bags at the moment.

On the positive side, I've been using my small bags more than ever. I still work from home and most of my outings now require very little stuff. I have 4 small bags and at the moment they are all in rotation. As long as the bag can hold either a card wallet/holder, iPhone, key holder and hand sanitizer, it's all good.

I still like to keep up with what's happening in the handbag market so I do look at web stores and second hand sites but my inspiration to buy anything is zero. I see this only as a positive thing.

Reactions: Pagan

SAME HERE !!!!! And you see how often i come here, i just saw your July post LOL. But it resonates with me......if you ever go to "my place" (link below) and see bags I own and then learn that since March I have been toting ONLY this bag attached here.....and my silver Doc Martens and Birkies this past summer....that sums up my life. I go on Mondays to work to record weekly classes in studio for posting online, and that is IT. That is when I kind of have a decent outfit. But they do not see my bag in videos. I carry it to and from university, and worry that I would ruin leather stuff or Goyard tote with hand sanitizer. or that I will rub it against something and will not be able to clean it or spray it. So Belstaff military bag it is ! Since March !!! I feel like I am in some survival movie.

I rarely come to Purse forum these months, I rather walk outside with my beagle long long walks, 1.5 hours two times a day, so that I can survive Zoom..... I do not have any interest in buying anything except nice mugs from Anthropologie and cute lights for our deck. I sold a few bags and trinkets I figured I will never use , I have too many...so I am making a fund to spend with my daughter when she moves out for her masters somewhere, and I visit her ..so that we have fun

belstaff.jpegsilver_doc.jpg

Last edited: