Need Helping Deciding: Chanel red WOC or Gucci red WOC

Chanel Red WOC vs Gucci Red Dionysus WOC

• Gucci Dionysus

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Chanel WOC

Votes: 27 75.0%

• Total voters
Mar 3, 2006
I generally prefer Chanel bags because I feel like they have more longevity style wise, but I love the clasp on the Dionysus; it reminds me of a vintage purse. I'm having a really hard time deciding. Do you ladies think that vintage vibe of the Dionysus might make it timeless? Which would you get Gucci or Chanel? Thank you!

401231_CAOGX_8990_001_100_0028_Light-Dionysus-mini-leather-chain-bag.jpg

images

I also love the Dionysus clasp but I think because it was SO popular a couple years ago and quickly died down, it’s not as timeless as the WOC according to the “fashion community.”

However - if this was just a random non-designer bag, I would absolutely say it’s timeless and has the vibe you’re going after. So it depends if you want it to be timeless according to you, or according to the “fashion community.” I personally think the Chanel WOC, though timeless, is kind of boring compared to the Gucci in this case.

I also love the Dionysus clasp but I think because it was SO popular a couple years ago and quickly died down, it’s not as timeless as the WOC according to the “fashion community.”

However - if this was just a random non-designer bag, I would absolutely say it’s timeless and has the vibe you’re going after. So it depends if you want it to be timeless according to you, or according to the “fashion community.” I personally think the Chanel WOC, though timeless, is kind of boring compared to the Gucci in this case.

Yeah I get what you’re saying. @ “if this was a non designer bag”. I think outside purse freaks like us a lot of day to day people won’t even know the Dionysus is a Gucci bag, which I kinda like.
I’m so indecisive about this purchase lol ‍♀️.

Reactions: ItsPurseonal
I love Gucci, mainly their shoes. But there is something "trendy" about the brand that doesn't spell classic or timeless to me. Which vibe do you prefer for this purchase? I love the WOC, and the red WOC is stunning. My vote is for Chanel!

I love Gucci, mainly their shoes. But there is something "trendy" about the brand that doesn't spell classic or timeless to me. Which vibe do you prefer for this purchase? I love the WOC, and the red WOC is stunning. My vote is for Chanel!

I prefer timeless esp when spending nearly 2k. The only reason I’m considering the Gucci is because there are no logos so most ppl won’t even know it’s Gucci.
Thanks for your vote ☺️

Reactions: OCMomof3
Yeah I get what you’re saying. @ “if this was a non designer bag”. I think outside purse freaks like us a lot of day to day people won’t even know the Dionysus is a Gucci bag, which I kinda like.
I’m so indecisive about this purchase lol ‍♀️.

Totally understand! Another consideration is resale value if you think you may ever tire of it. Chanel definitely takes the cake there

They're both really nice, but if what you're after is something timeless I think definitely the Chanel. This Gucci style has been so popular this year and last year, and I think that it makes it more risky that it will date in the future.