Scratches & Scruffs on SM love vs. Classic

twinzluvagrl

IG @sincerelyophelia NYC Fashion & Beauty Blogger
O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
Hey beautiful tribe!

I tried searching for this all over and could not really find an answer. Do you guys who own both bracelets find that the SM love is less easy to get scruffs and scratches due to the smaller surface vs. the classic? I feel like the small gets less scratches than the classic... but I'm not 100%... Any insight?

Are you talking scratches per bracelet or scratches per square-inch? :smile:

My experience is that on my stack the one closest to my hand gets A LOT of scratches. Second is the on the other side. In between much less so. For physical reasons it is YG > PG > WG. Of course the pavés should be even better as the gold is shielded by the diamonds ;)

I have been warned that combining a Love with other bracelets results in major scratching. So a small YuC with an Alhambra and a small Love should be fine but definitely not a stack of loves.

Answering your question I don't believe that much.

Are you talking scratches per bracelet or scratches per square-inch? :smile:

My experience is that on my stack the one closest to my hand gets A LOT of scratches. Second is the on the other side. In between much less so. For physical reasons it is YG > PG > WG. Of course the pavés should be even better as the gold is shielded by the diamonds ;)

I have been warned that combining a Love with other bracelets results in major scratching. So a small YuC with an Alhambra and a small Love should be fine but definitely not a stack of loves.

Answering your question I don't believe that much.

Haha! I mean on the bracelet yes yes. Because my friend has a classic and got it around the same time, and it looks much more scratched up than my small. Both are PG. So I didn't know if it's cause it's wider~ so it's easier to bang into stuff... that's why more scratched easier. Not sure.

I also had no idea YG scratched less than PG! I know the YG and PG shows scratches less than WG though.

I'm glad that a small Juc with Alhambra will not scratch the small love too much. I mean... I do see some "deeper" surface scratches on my bracelet already in a couple of spots. I think it may be from the little alhambra motif sliding against it here and there. But I'm definitely a jewelry piece "lover" so I don't exactly "baby" the piece. I love my pieces and understand scratches are there for history. Gosh... my love wedding band is so scratched up and dented all over (it hurts but that's how it is since I never really take it off) So same will go for the bracelet lol. Scratches will become less noticeable after it becomes a part of me.

But just curious what people who own both think in general :smile: My friend was also curious haha. So getting some insight for her as well :smile:

Because my friend has a classic and got it around the same time, and it looks much more scratched up than my small.

I also had no idea YG scratched less than PG! I know the YG and PG shows scratches less than WG though.

Then you should've asked if a bracelet scratches more if worn by a guy than by a woman, haha. Obviously the answer is yes.

No ... other way round. WG is rhodinated therefore extremely hard (this is what my goldsmiths told me). PG has some copper making it harder than just plain YG.

On the other hand scratches are more obvious on a bright surface like WG than on rusty PG or dark YG. Maybe that levels out but my WG do look much better than my RG. I'm not old enough to wear YG so I don't know here.

Then you should've asked if a bracelet scratches more if worn by a guy than by a woman, haha. Obviously the answer is yes.

No ... other way round. WG is rhodinated therefore extremely hard (this is what my goldsmiths told me). PG has some copper making it harder than just plain YG.

On the other hand scratches are more obvious on a bright surface like WG than on rusty PG or dark YG. Maybe that levels out but my WG do look much better than my RG. I'm not old enough to wear YG so I don't know here.

Ah gotcha on the different color looks and scratching!
And my friend is a girl from work but her classic one looks like it has more visible scratches.
No idea.

If you’re comparing yours against your friends, I think the difference is because of the person wearing it. Not necessarily the small vs original size. I say this because I’m a guy and I had mine for a good 6 months before my brother got his and his is SO scratched lol. Both full size. But I’m just more cautious about banging my bracelet around. Plus I put it on my less dominant hand and his is on his dominant hand.

So I think it’s a lot of different factors instead of it being the small vs original size.

If you’re comparing yours against your friends, I think the difference is because of the person wearing it. Not necessarily the small vs original size. I say this because I’m a guy and I had mine for a good 6 months before my brother got his and his is SO scratched lol. Both full size. But I’m just more cautious about banging my bracelet around. Plus I put it on my less dominant hand and his is on his dominant hand.

So I think it’s a lot of different factors instead of it being the small vs original size.
Thank you for sharing! I definitely do feel like which arm you wear it on makes a difference! Bummer I can't wear it on my non-dominant arm since I have a watch on it :\

I have a classic and a thin and my thin has less scratches than my classic but that is because I take the thin off when I do certain activities like surf whereas I leave my classic on all the time.

Reactions: scheurin