Palm Spring Mini Backpack... Too late to the party?

Bagaholic9

O.G.
Jul 5, 2012
Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is well.

Once upon a time (haha), I had the Palm Spring Mini. & It was after the craze of it when it initially came out. I ended up selling it because I was so concerned with how the zipper was going to rub against/scratch/peel the canvas near the opening. To the point that I was so paranoid, and not truly enjoying it. Now, as all, if not many of you know, they redesigned the zipper. & it sounds great! But, the question is, is it too late? Has the Palm Spring Mini died down?

I am always SO late to these crazes and I'm trying to get better about it. Opinions are definitely appreciated!

I was in the same predicament as you & owned the old zip model. That bag drove me nuts and as much as I loved it, it was too much of a pain for me so I let it go.

recently I noticed in store that they have modified the zip and it is such an upgrade. It is still very popular where I am, and during the 1 hour that I was there I’ve seen 2 pieces being sold. Buy it if you love it - especially when stocks are streaming in during this period of time. Don’t wait until there is no stock left and regret not getting your hands on a piece. Buy first, think later!

Ps/ I now own the new zip model

Honestly, I don't think the craze is going to die down. I mean it released back in 2016 and it's still popular! I agree with the previous poster and say buy it now while there is a plethora of stock online because you might regret it later when they have another price increase, or when they won't be easily accessible. I bought mine online and have not regretted it once. I too was apprehensive on the trend, but after doing research, found that it will still be in style, and if it doesn't, I will stick rock it proudly. I love it, and its versatility!

Bought my psm when it first came out and sold it eventually. I decided to purchase other bags that is harder to get such as the Vanity PM and I haven't seen another person with it yet here in Hawaii.

Reactions: mrs.JC
Personally I think it's better to buy a bag after the hype's died down some, but that's just me. I like when you don't see as many of the same bag around.

I totally agree with you. Same goes for me when the pochette metis came around. I sold mine when the hype was there and it still is. I like to wear a bag that hardly anyone could get a hold of. I rather be different.

Reactions: Bumbles and mrs.JC
I have old version and return to LV because of zipper issues. I repurchase new version last month and super love the new version. This bag is super cute but spacious. I think it’s not about the hype, if you like it, then grab it. I know lots of people also adore this bag. So get it when you can. Stock is not always available.
Good luck..

Reactions: Bagaholic9
I have old version and return to LV because of zipper issues. I repurchase new version last month and super love the new version. This bag is super cute but spacious. I think it’s not about the hype, if you like it, then grab it. I know lots of people also adore this bag. So get it when you can. Stock is not always available.
Good luck..
How long did you have your old version for? I have the old version too and maybe bc I don’t use it that often haven’t had the zipper issues. I do have the gray slightly on the leather tab where the strap hooks onto the bag though (if that makes sense). I’m worried but the time my Palm Springs mini has issues that I won’t be able to exchange for the new model.

How long did you have your old version for? I have the old version too and maybe bc I don’t use it that often haven’t had the zipper issues. I do have the gray slightly on the leather tab where the strap hooks onto the bag though (if that makes sense). I’m worried but the time my Palm Springs mini has issues that I won’t be able to exchange for the new model.
Less than 6 months.. The canvas cracked and the black tab is fraying, so my SA allow me to return and I didn’t get the same bag that time because she told me to wait for the new version.

Less than 6 months.. The canvas cracked and the black tab is fraying, so my SA allow me to return and I didn’t get the same bag that time because she told me to wait for the new version.
Ah ok, so a very short period, thanks for sharing. Mine hasn’t happened but when or if it does it might be too late lol