Diamond studs - bezel setting?

Anm827

Jul 10, 2020
Hello everyone! I have a pair of diamond studs (2ctw) and I’m thinking about changing the setting to a thin bezel? Does anyone have pictures of something similar? Especially pictures on the ear. I would also love to hear your thoughts!

083D5B31-FF25-4AB7-B8AA-C2B537858E96.jpeg

No photo, but a suggestion. If you decide to go forward with bezel set studs, please consider using a 14K white gold or platinum setting. A yellow gold bezel will not only make your diamonds look smaller, it will also cast "yellow" into your diamonds. You see this in the photo you provided. Conversely, a silver-toned bezel may make your diamonds appear a little larger and will not negatively affect the color of your diamonds.

No photo, but a suggestion. If you decide to go forward with bezel set studs, please consider using a 14K white gold or platinum setting. A yellow gold bezel will not only make your diamonds look smaller, it will also cast "yellow" into your diamonds. You see this in the photo you provided. Conversely, a silver-toned bezel may make your diamonds appear a little larger and will not negatively affect the color of your diamonds.
Good point and I’m definitely planning on white gold or platinum! This is just the best picture that I could find of a thin bezel setting

The bezel setting is a more casual look overall so I'd decide based on the rest of your jewelry. Do you wear rings or pendants or bracelets that are prong set or bezel set? How will the bezel set earrings look in combination with your other items? Do you you want the settings to be the same as your most worn pieces, or is it not an issue to you if they are different?

Reactions: Comfortably Numb