Worn and Loved Bags!

phishfan

O.G.
Dec 27, 2010
In the “uncommon opinions about Chanel” thread I posted that my unpopular opinion is that bags are meant to be worn and if it starts showing wear, that’s ok! My comment seemed popular so I figured I’d start a thread that normalizes wear on bags, as a counter balance to the other perfectionist/nitpicky threads that are common on TPF.

Personally I was so happy when I got my first Chanel (vintage) and being nitpicky made me like it less, which I think is so unfortunate. Hopefully this thread can help bring everyone back to earth a little bit haha :smile:

I’ll get things started! Here’s my first Chanel, a vintage classic flap in black lambskin. I haven’t used it in a while and was sad to see the quilts flattened on the back and some scratches on the logo. Honestly, I can’t even remember if it came like this, if I had stored it improperly, or what. I had to snap myself out of being over critical about the condition of the bag.

I’ve been using the bag the last few days and it’s nice being in this mindset of not taking it so seriously.
A6DBB16F-449B-4EB7-8DFE-33866787C7C2.jpegB70C58A7-2E89-4863-BDD5-8A606492058F.jpeg95CAB188-3B50-4806-B5F0-0F6B8FA89C56.jpeg

I love this thread! I actually just started a thread looking for input regarding light colored bags wear .. I’m going to enjoy this one!
Thank you !

This is a fun thread! I'm a big believer in using your bags, here's my Classics:

2 Series M/L. She's taken a few tumbles including falling face down into a puddle once and she's fine lol (Not rough on my bags, just a super clumsy person!)

image0.jpeg image11.jpeg

0 Series Mini Flap. Convinced this bag could fall into a volcano and be fine, I've used her a TON over the years. The lambskin has (in my opinion) a really cool finish to it at this point, I love the veining that's developed and I think it gives it an interesting look on top of being more durable now that it's "hardened".

image1.jpeg image00.jpeg

I bought both of these pre-loved obviously (the Mini is actually older than me!) so I didn't have a say in 100% of the wear and tear they've been through over the years but I think they're both in great condition. I have some seasonal bags as well but haven't used them nearly as much as my Classics. Both of them have been cleaned and I condition the areas where the flaps bend back to open to keep the skin soft/prevent any cracking in the future. Store both of them stuffed as well to keep the shape and in dustbags.

I am in the minority, but I am one of the people who likes a look of a worn in bags and items in general. I prefer the look of the gabrielle with some slouch, and I like the look and feel of a classic flap whose pockets are a bit stretched and leather is worn. I have a bag which I have a back up for, and while I’m happy to have the unused back up I simply love the look and feel of the one that is being used. For that reason I love distressed leather.

I love this thread! I actually just started a thread looking for input regarding light colored bags wear .. I’m going to enjoy this one!
Thank you !

I have a light beige bag that is my least used but most expensive bag. I’ve seen pics of very stylish women wearing their beige bags that clearly show wear — it’s my inspiration! Haha

I am in the minority, but I am one of the people who likes a look of a worn in bags and items in general. I prefer the look of the gabrielle with some slouch, and I like the look and feel of a classic flap whose pockets are a bit stretched and leather is worn. I have a bag which I have a back up for, and while I’m happy to have the unused back up I simply love the look and feel of the one that is being used. For that reason I love distressed leather.

Which bag do you have a backup for? I've been debating whether or not to get a backup of my reissue because I love it so much, but honestly it just sounds totally crazy when I say it out loud. It's reassuring to hear someone else has done it!

They're all preloved. With the exception of round o purse. My go to bag will be my chesterfield.

I stopped loving my beige because i was so clumsy with her that she looked picked out from a rubbish pile. Even after getting recoloured, no longer feels the same.

But 'everyone else' is very well-loved

View attachment 4789988
What is that puffy pillow bag on the left? So cute. Is it the Chanel 19?