Picotin - Etain or Faubourg Barenia?

jpezmom

Jan 24, 2015
Hello everyone - hope you're all healthy and doing well! I need some advice and wanted to turn to all the H experts on tpf. :smile:

I've been in search of a Picotin 22 for almost a year. My SA reached out and they have 2 in store to choose from: Etain or Faubourg Barenia. I don't know the hardware color - pending a response and hopefully photos from my SA. I've seen the recent reveals of the Etain RGHW bags and love this combination. But Barenia is soooo special. I have a Gold K28, Raisin B30, and Cuivre B30. Etain seems to give me more color variety? Also, I'm worried about maintaining barenia as this would be a grab-and-go bag. Which would you choose and why? Would appreciate any advice - thank you so much!

Etain.
I have a Barenia Faubourg B35 and it’s stunning. But I also cover my handles to prevent darkening since I am an avid lotion-wearer. If you are wanting this as a daily use bag you just need to decide if you want the darkened handles and more casual look (which is still lovely) or a more traditional (no color variance) of etain. If you love that casual rustic varying tone of barenia, go for it.

Both sounds lovely! And BF is the more “special” leather for sure. However if it were me I’d go with Etain for a more different color than what you already have (I know BF is not the same but it’s still “closer” to gold and even cuivre IMO).

In the end though really up to which one you personally prefer and really there is no wrong choice here:smile:

Both are great options, but as you have a gold bag I would go for etain. Also consider the earlier comment of the handles, I have a picotin 18 and with all the hand sanitiser I have been worried about the handles darkening, thus the BF may be more sensitive to darkening in this environment. But wait until you see them as both these colours are great and the hardware will make a difference. I think
the etain picotin is in ghw or phw only, but do post especially if it’s rghw!

Reactions: jpezmom
Agree with the other posters. If you already have a Gold B, etain will round out your collection.
While BF is special, I prefer it in a b or a K. I do see natural Barenia picotins on the resale market and those are really special! Either way you can’t go wrong. Good luck!

Reactions: jpezmom
Etain.
I have a Barenia Faubourg B35 and it’s stunning. But I also cover my handles to prevent darkening since I am an avid lotion-wearer. If you are wanting this as a daily use bag you just need to decide if you want the darkened handles and more casual look (which is still lovely) or a more traditional (no color variance) of etain. If you love that casual rustic varying tone of barenia, go for it.
Both sounds lovely! And BF is the more “special” leather for sure. However if it were me I’d go with Etain for a more different color than what you already have (I know BF is not the same but it’s still “closer” to gold and even cuivre IMO).

In the end though really up to which one you personally prefer and really there is no wrong choice here:smile:
Both are great options, but as you have a gold bag I would go for etain. Also consider the earlier comment of the handles, I have a picotin 18 and with all the hand sanitiser I have been worried about the handles darkening, thus the BF may be more sensitive to darkening in this environment. But wait until you see them as both these colours are great and the hardware will make a difference. I think
the etain picotin is in ghw or phw only, but do post especially if it’s rghw!
Agree with the other posters. If you already have a Gold B, etain will round out your collection.
While BF is special, I prefer it in a b or a K. I do see natural Barenia picotins on the resale market and those are really special! Either way you can’t go wrong. Good luck!

Thank you all for your responses! Etain wins hands down. :smile:

The boutique has Etain in PHW but my lovely SA checked and they have GHW on order so she is reserving it for me. So thrilled with this combination - can’t wait for it to arrive!!

Just stumbled on this thread... does anyone know the Href for a barenia faubourg Picotin 18? I'd like to put in a request with my SA to find one. Thanks in advance :smile: