Where do I restart my Cartier collection?

innerpeace85

Feb 12, 2017
I started my Cartier collection with plain YG and rainbow PG Love bracelets in 2018. I had posted about my first 2 Cartier pieces in this thread : https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/my-first-cartier-jewelry.996667/
Unfortunately, both of the Love bracelets would come apart with screws becoming loose and after 2 repairs Cartier declared them as defective. I exchanged them for JUC with pave nail head and two tone Ballon Bleu. HI was quite unhappy about how things panned out and when my friend was looking to buy the same pieces, I sold it to her.
In these 2 years, I have tried VCA Perlee bangle, Hermes CDC and Kelly to replace the Love bracelet and nothing seems to match the simplicity of Love.
These are the options I am considering:
  1. Regular Plain YG Love + JUC with pave head - It will be the same locking mechanism and I am so worried. I also don't like that I have to be dependent on another person to lock/unlock the bracelet.
  2. Small Plain YG Love + Small Pave YG Love + JUC with pave head - Small Love is not as substantial as Regular Love but I prefer the locking mechanism.
  3. Wait for few more years and see if Cartier changes the locking mechanism on Regular Love.
Which option should I go for? Am I making a mistake choosing the small Love over regular just for the regular? Are there other options I should consider? Thanks!

I don’t know if this is helpful, but I sure do enjoy my Love cuff. The secret to liking the cuff is getting the right size and being shown how to properly put it on and take it off. There is a wider cuff, if you want something flashier than the regular width cuff. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: nycmamaofone
I have been wearing my regular Love for almost 3 years now. In the first year i took if off a few times and once i noticed one of the screws was a little bit loose and had to tighten it with the screwdriver. I considered using Loctite thread locker (the purple one) but i went to the Cartier store to get it cleaned and a very expert SA put it back on on me and it hasn´t moved AT ALL in two years. Not a tiny bit. I now stack it with my JUC and no issues. But while i was there she recommended not stacking Loves because the banging can cause the screws to losen. I prefer stacking with VCA Alhambra and JUC so for me it´s not a problem. If you want to wear multiples Loves i would consider the Loctite. I don´t know if stacking with thin Loves is safer, i would love to know too.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this is helpful, but I sure do enjoy my Love cuff. The secret to liking the cuff is getting the right size and being shown how to properly put it on and take it off. There is a wider cuff, if you want something flashier than the regular width cuff. Good luck with your decision.

I agree. Consider the cuff so you never have to worry about screws getting loose. I’m very happy with mine.

I think it depends on whether you plan to take off your bracelet regularly.

If you plan to remove your bracelet often, I think you should get the Small Love. Otherwise go for the regular Love.

As you are starting your collection from scratch, I think you should just buy one piece for now and see how you go (either Love or JUC). Both are lovely!

Reactions: scheurin