Chanel Large Deauville Tote

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well! I have been battling with myself about the Deauville in the large size. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Especially any cons!

It is currently winter where I live (NYC). Does a Deauville in the winter look.... weird? Or off? I asked people around me and I get half yes and half no. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Coming from a former NYer -
Leather deauville - yes
Denim deauville - yes
Raffia or canvas - maybe! I wouldn't if it was snowing, raining, sleeting or any other the other lovely things that fall from the NYC sky. But on a bright and sunny day, I could see myself carrying my deauville in the city. (last season's grey with grey handles)

I love my deauville. Highly recommend it

I have the charcoal denim Deauville with black sequins and I am currently using it as my work back. I also live in NY, and there's snow on the ground right now. I had a lighter color, and recently sold it for this darker one because I felt the same way.

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well! I have been battling with myself about the Deauville in the large size. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Especially any cons!

It is currently winter where I live (NYC). Does a Deauville in the winter look.... weird? Or off? I asked people around me and I get half yes and half no. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

A canvas Deauville in the winter looks off. To me, it looks like you have this Chanel you are just dying to wear.

I would wait for Spring.
Leather one is ok.

Hope everyone is well! Any advice on which of the fabrics to choose? Pros/cons/durability/care etc between the canvas, denim, and raffia? Thanks!

im planning to get one too and im still waiting for the right combination. I read somewhere that raffia will be a better choice since its a mixed material.
For me, my hardest choice will be the size. I love the large tote as it has a handle with shoulder chain. However, its seems alittle too big on me when I try it on. The medium is perfect but it doesnt have the handle. Im torn! :confused1:

Reactions: dbloggy
im planning to get one too and im still waiting for the right combination. I read somewhere that raffia will be a better choice since its a mixed material.
For me, my hardest choice will be the size. I love the large tote as it has a handle with shoulder chain. However, its seems alittle too big on me when I try it on. The medium is perfect but it doesnt have the handle. Im torn! :confused1:
SAME HERE. I really want a lighter coloured deauville.
I had the one with the top handles but I feel like it looked huge on me?? It also got kinda heavy.. I'm considering the size down without the top handle but I'm not sure..

0658B460-6D79-402E-AC22-88E0A434C381.jpeg

SAME HERE. I really want a lighter coloured deauville.
I had the one with the top handles but I feel like it looked huge on me?? It also got kinda heavy.. I'm considering the size down without the top handle but I'm not sure..

View attachment 4786573

wow... it looks good on you in this photo. :biggrin:
How tall are you? Im 5 feet 2 (158cm). Yea, im not sure with sizing down either as it doesnt have the handle. I contemplated with the leather version but it doesnt look as pretty as the "cloth" material.