Looking for gold almost daily but classic necklace

Nuggetz

O.G.
Jan 19, 2007
These are my two choices, I am 28 years old and looking for something truly classic.

either the Tiffany hardware or the van cleef 10 motif guilloche.

background info: I have the vca malachite 10 motifs but cannot wear it often due to how delicate the stone is.
However the gold 10 motifs I can wear it often and then for special occasions layer both malachite and gold together. I also have the 5 motifs gold guilloche bracelet so that I can link with the 10 motif guilloche just to change things up.

Tiffany would be a new look and I always wanted a chunky classy chain.

what do you guys suggest? Please keep in mind the classic theme.

E81B07E2-E0E8-40CE-A2DF-293E2BC5F9FB.jpeg

A415D7A0-65F0-4512-B8A7-4FF8F1318DC6.png

Reactions: hhw
Hands down Tiffany’s! What a stunning piece:loveeyes: (you’re 28 young, I always associate VCA Alhambra with mature ladies - no offence to anyone)
Also both are classic and you already have a VCA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lulu212121
I like both but it depends on your personal style. The VCA is more classic in my opinion and you could wear it in many different settings, both casual and dressy. The Tiffany is much more casual.
100% agree with this!

As for wear and tear, from my understanding the guilloche has to be treated delicately because I the design can dent. I’m not sure if the Tiffany piece would be easier to take care of. Just something to think about.

I've been thinking about getting a different version of the Tiffany necklace you're thinking about, but am hesitant because it feels more trendy.

But I have the same VCA guilloche necklace and I absolutely love it. I personally haven't found a way to wear it more causal or daily, but know it's a classic that I will be able to wear it for years. I have it layered in this pic but wear it by itself too.

1594603693176.jpeg
(sorry for the poor picture quality!)

I’m going against the grain here but I vote no to the Tiffany. I don’t see that piece as classic and the large chunkiness style goes in and out of fashion. Another option if you want a classic lifetime piece is a diamond bezel set necklace. Good luck deciding.
I agree with you
The Tiffany necklace looks too trendy to be a classic

I adore guilloche so I would say definitely VCA! I’m not a fan of the Tiffany, doesn’t seem as classic or as dress up & down as the VCA does. So my vote is VCA!

Gah! What a surprise to see this thread...I love both these necklaces! They certainly caught my eye as well. Tough decision. The Tiffany is definitely a ‘strong’ statement piece, and the VCA is a ‘softer’ feminine look. Would be gorgeous to layer it with your other VCA necklace. Perhaps ask yourself which necklace makes you feel complete with whatever look/style you tend to wear clothing wise. Like, look at the clothes in your closet and see what works best with the style you tend to wear. I imagine if you prefer a classic look, your clothes choices would be classic as well. As such/if so, which necklace completes the look the best? If that makes sense? I’ll attach a link to images with the Tiffany necklace that I happen to come upon earlier today, total coincidence. Good luck with your decision. You can’t go wrong with either. https://www.vogue.com.au/fashion/wh...mage-gallery/c9f97ac7e048d55d00399933a8a677f1

The two choices are so different despite both being gold necklaces!

I've tried on the 10 motif guilloche in store and gave it a pass as I couldn't see how I could style it casually. The gold hammered 10 motif would look more casual (wish I tried it on now!).

Given the fact that your requirement is for a daily necklace, my vote goes towards the Tiffany as I think it would look good styled up or down (E.g. casual with a basic T-Shirt or shirt, or with a nice evening dress that shows off the neck).

The Tiffany’s necklace is really cool, but you said you’re looking for a classic piece. I’m not sure that particular Tiffany’s necklace is “classic.” VCA is 100% classic. It doesn’t go in or out of style. It’s just classic and beautiful. Just my two cents .

Reactions: etudes