Cartier Certificate

weubbe

Jan 11, 2016
I was wondering if a Cartier certificate comes only with a love bracelet purchase? I have purchased 2 watches from them and never received a certificate in a red hard folder. My most recent purchase was yesterday. Any insight to this would be most helpful. Thanks fam!

Yes, as I can recall everything (watch, bracelets, earrings, ring, etc) I have purchased comes with a certificate of authenticity as it contains serial numbers that Cartier can trace back to the original purchaser.

I would suggest you contact Cartier to get them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JessicaRabbit1
Yes, as I can recall everything (watch, bracelets, earrings, ring, etc) I have purchased comes with a certificate of authenticity as it contains serial numbers that Cartier can trace back to the original purchaser.

I would suggest you contact Cartier to get them.

Thanks for your help! I am super bummed they didn't give those to me. Both of my purchases were not minor... I didn't realize it was something you have to request. I will reach out to my SA.

Reactions: Chaton
Hi! Never bougt a C watch but certificates should come standard. They forgot that at one of my purchases. With the serial numbers on all of their products it's easy to obtain. However some boutiques and the internet-shop have the beautiful hard covers whereas in others they just have a red envelope. Ther certificate is the same, though.

Reactions: weubbe and Chaton
It is standard, and it's important to have for your own records. Also, if you ever decide to sell, it will add value to your sell to validate it's authenticity.

My 1st purchase from Cartier was also a watch, Miss Pasha, which is now discontinued. I got the full treatment because I was in-store and my SA was super kind and patient. She gave me many books and magazines (one that is not necessary a Cartier book but a great coffee-table book nevertheless!), cleaning kit, champagne, etc.

If you did not get the cleaning kit and travel pouch, request that as well since you have to request your certificate. If not, when you go to get the complimentary service for the watch at 2 yrs. or so, they will send it back to your home with a travel pouch. To Cartier, those pouches are a dime a dozen, but to us, we love them and the more the merrier! LOL

If I recall correctly, you got the mini Panthère. It's something I've got my eye on as well in either the mini or small. Congrats on your purchase! If I may ask, what is your wrist size, and how did they recommend you wear it when you purchased it (a bit looser or fitted)? My Miss Pasha is fitted, but I wonder if I might eventually have it adjusted to be a bit looser on my wrist.

Below are some pics of items my SA provided me with during my purchase although she provided me with a lot more things. My SA also sent me a thank you card several weeks later after my purchase - she was great! She gave me quite the 1st experience at Cartier - the full red carpet!

C55D91BA-EFC9-4212-AC72-AF06C7551608.jpeg87D27D9F-A728-48B7-91FF-10973AB97BA8.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi! Never bougt a C watch but certificates should come standard. They forgot that at one of my purchases. With the serial numbers on all of their products it's easy to obtain. However some boutiques and the internet-shop have the beautiful hard covers whereas in others they just have a red envelope. Ther certificate is the same, though.
hmmm, she gave me a Cartier warranty card that's good for 8 years and it has the serial number of my new watch on it. I believe she said this took the place of the certificate they usually hand out or do you think I am still missing a piece?

It is standard, and it's important to have for your own records. Also, if you ever decide to sell, it will add value to your sell to validate it's authenticity.

My 1st purchase from Cartier was also a watch, Miss Pasha, which is now discontinued. I got the full treatment because I was in-store and my SA was super kind and patient. She gave me many books and magazines (one that is not necessary a Cartier book but a great coffee-table book nevertheless!), cleaning kit, champagne, etc.

If you did not get the cleaning kit and travel pouch, request that as well since you have to request your certificate. If not, when you go to get the complimentary service for the watch at 2 yrs. or so, they will send it back to your home with a travel pouch. To Cartier, those pouches are a dime a dozen, but to us, we love them and the more the merrier! LOL

If I recall correctly, you got the mini Panthère. It's something I've got my eye on as well in either the mini or small. Congrats on your purchase! If I may ask, what is your wrist size, and how did they recommend you wear it when you purchased it (a bit looser or fitted)? My Miss Pasha is fitted, but I wonder if I might eventually have it adjusted to be a bit looser on my wrist.

Below are some pics of items my SA provided me with during my purchase although she provided me with a lot more things. My SA also sent me a thank you card several weeks later after my purchase - she was great! She gave me quite the 1st experience at Cartier - the full red carpet!

View attachment 4784913View attachment 4784914

Such gorgeous extras she gave you. With my Panthere, I did get a cleaning kit and travel pouch but no extras such as magazines or a book. Kind of bummed my first shopping experience didn't have more pizazz to it.

This week, we went to purchase the Tank Louis and she gifted us a small bottle of champagne to celebrate my belated Covid birthday as well as a black alligator strap. I was overblown that she threw in an extra strap for free. When it arrives and I have to go into the boutique, I will ask for her clarification on the certificate and whether or not the 8 year warranty card is in lieu of the actual certificate itself.

I am a size 16 in the LOVE bracelet. The SA suggested a lot of women love the watch to fit as a bracelet- so a tad looser, but I prefer a closer fit in order to prevent it from getting dinged and scratched all of the time therefore I had a few links removed. It's such a great watch because of the slim profile, it really feels like it's a part of you.

Thanks for the feedback. I would say you got a pretty amazing experience if she threw in an extra alligator strap! In my opinion, that's worth more than the books, which I rarely look at and only took out of my closet!

I am also a size 16 in the Love bracelets so perhaps the mini would look the right size for me too. I do like the daintiness of the watch. Congrats also on your Tank Louis - another great choice!

Reactions: weubbe
Thanks for the feedback. I would say you got a pretty amazing experience if she threw in an extra alligator strap! In my opinion, that's worth more than the books, which I rarely look at and only took out of my closet!

I am also a size 16 in the Love bracelets so perhaps the mini would look the right size for me too. I do like the daintiness of the watch. Congrats also on your Tank Louis - another great choice!

Thanks so much for your help- I really appreciate it!! Enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: Chaton
hmmm, she gave me a Cartier warranty card that's good for 8 years and it has the serial number of my new watch on it. I believe she said this took the place of the certificate they usually hand out or do you think I am still missing a piece?

My friend just bought the diamond blue balloon, and it also only came with the warranty card instead of the certificate. So don't worry:smile:

Reactions: weubbe
My friend just bought the diamond blue balloon, and it also only came with the warranty card instead of the certificate. So don't worry:smile:

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up digging through my papers and see that I was just given a cartier certificate via a piece of paper and the other with the warranty card-- registered them both online on Cartier's website. Now I have peace of mind!