The New Classics

inverved

The Minimalist
O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
We all know the usual suspects when it comes to "classic" handbags (i.e. Birkin, Kelly, Chanel classic flap, LV Speedy, Lady Dior, etc) because they have been around for decades, however, what do you consider to be the new classics?

My votes go to:

- Celine classic box bag
- Chanel Boy
- Fendi Peekaboo
- Givenchy Antigona
- Gucci Dionysus
- Loewe Puzzle
- LV Alma BB
- LV Neverfull
- LV Pochette Metis

We all know the usual suspects when it comes to "classic" handbags (i.e. Birkin, Kelly, Chanel classic flap, LV Speedy, Lady Dior, etc) because they have been around for decades, however, what do you consider to be the new classics?

My votes go to:

- Celine classic box bag
- Chanel Boy
- Fendi Peekaboo
- Givenchy Antigona
- Gucci Dionysus
- Loewe Puzzle
- LV Alma BB
- LV Neverfull
- LV Pochette Metis
Agree on the Peekaboo and the LVs.

I would also consider Balenciaga City a classic by now

My votes go to:

- Celine classic box bag
- Chanel Boy
- Fendi Peekaboo
- Givenchy Antigona
- Gucci Dionysus
- Loewe Puzzle
- LV Alma BB
- LV Neverfull
- LV Pochette Metis

I would add the Goyard St. Louis PM if the Neverfull is on the list.

Also, the Gucci Jackie is coming back and is a classic.

My votes go to:

- Celine classic box bag
- Chanel Boy
- Fendi Peekaboo
- Givenchy Antigona
- Gucci Dionysus
- Loewe Puzzle
- LV Alma BB
- LV Neverfull
- LV Pochette Metis
I agree with almost everything on this list (except maybe a couple of bags) but would also add YSL's Sac de Jour.

I agree with the Loewe Puzzle. And the first four in OP's list. I'm not very familiar with the rest, I'm afraid. I would add the BV Veneta, and possibly the Delvaux Tempête and Moynat Gabrielle.

...but maybe I'm way off the mark here.

I agree with the Loewe Puzzle. And the first four in OP's list. I'm not very familiar with the rest, I'm afraid. I would add the BV Veneta, and possibly the Delvaux Tempête and Moynat Gabrielle.

...but maybe I'm way off the mark here.
The tempete is older than the Kelly so I wouldn’t call it a new classic.

• Wow
Reactions: Joule

My votes go to:

- Celine classic box bag
- Chanel Boy
- Fendi Peekaboo
- Givenchy Antigona
- Gucci Dionysus
- Loewe Puzzle
- LV Alma BB
- LV Neverfull
- LV Pochette Metis
Great thread!

• Love