fake paypal email

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
gawd....we have to constantly be vigilant. I got an email from PP...had their logo on it. said my account has been suspended due to suspicious activity and I need to provide documents to fix it. Scam. I logged in to PP just fine.

Here is part of the message

.viYkngz . .
aVOGbgU9
y4FWssRVL , .

interesting - this is not what is looked like at all
anyway....if it doesn't have your name on it and says dear customer or something like that......fake

gawd....we have to constantly be vigilant. I got an email from PP...had their logo on it. said my account has been suspended due to suspicious activity and I need to provide documents to fix it. Scam. I logged in to PP just fine.

.viYkngz . .
aVOGbgU9
y4FWssRVL , .

anyway....if it doesn't have your name on it and says dear customer or something like that......fake
Thanks for the warning.

Reactions: 880 and pukasonqo
it has a button to log on in PP account....I logged in (not using this email) and got on to my account just fine
If you clicked the link in the fraudulent email to access your paypal, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!!

Never click a link in a fraudulent email. That's how they get access to your account.

When you want to check your account, open a new window or tab and type in paypal.com. Access it directly and NEVER from an email.

If you clicked the link in the fraudulent email to access your paypal, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!!

Never click a link in a fraudulent email. That's how they get access to your account.

When you want to check your account, open a new window or tab and type in paypal.com. Access it directly and NEVER from an email.
Yes. I logged in direct to pp. not via the link

Here are a few more that are all Phishing scams usually with references to "paypal account" in the email header, these are regularly stinking up my Inbox. Reporting them to Outlook doesn't help at all:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

plus other variations on the same Paypal theme. Mousing over the addy in the email of course shows a completely different source every time with no connection to Paypal. Some of them are doozies.

And of course the persistent ones from "netf l ix.com" but with only a half-space on either side the "l" to make it look like a single word and coming from throwaway domains apparently located in various countries in eastern Europe. With so many people staying home and streaming tv shows, it looks like Netflix users are huge targets for phishing scams this year, and the users' banking information is one of the main targets, according to the Kim Komando site komando.com.
"Netflix is urging subscribers to avoid opening a phishing email that claims to come directly from the company. If it appears in your inbox, interacting with the message can give the hackers behind it access to your bank account — and potentially other personal data as well.
"Here’s how it works: The email arrives with an urgent alert that there has been an error processing your monthly Netflix payment. In the text, you’re prompted to click a link to update your payment and account information.

"Clicking the link takes you to what appears to be Netflix’s website, but filling in your payment details and account information results in your card information, email and password being harvested by scammers.

But that’s not the only danger surrounding this scam. Many incarnations of the email include what appears to be a text file as an attachment. Downloading this attachment can potentially result in ransomware or other malware being installed on your computer on top of the phishing issue. It’s a double-whammy of scam in one message!"

I'm breaking the link but just piece it back together to read the full article.
https://www DOT komando DOT com/

security-privacy/

netflix-email-scam-can-drain-your-bank-account/747686/

I

.viYkngz . .
aVOGbgU9
y4FWssRVL , .

I get this almost every day. Please also report as phishing scam to your email platform so their AI can learn and put this in spam or block it automatically.

I

I get this almost every day. Please also report as phishing scam to your email platform so their AI can learn and put this in spam or block it automatically.

Usually big internet-presence corps like Paypal or Netflix will also have a reporting addy, most likely "phishing@ (company name)". The problem is that these scammers set up dozens if not hundreds of temporary or disposable domains and scatter to their backups as soon as one domain is blocked or shut down. They're like mosquitoes at a company picnic, swatting at them doesn't faze them at all.

The best defense is to treat every email, especially any where the sender's name in the mail is different than the one you see when you mouse over the same name (that's a computer feature, I'm not sure what phone OS's have the same feature) or that has an active link included or any kind of attachment, as a potential phishing, ID theft, or malware installation attempt. And if the email is supposedly from a site like Netflix or Paypal and doesn't show your actual registered name or ID as the mail recipient, don't even open it. If Paypal or Netflix has an important message for you or for every user in their system the mail isn't going to be addressed to " customers - live-
microsoft (symbol-for-AT) live D0T c0m
" (tweaked for obvious reasons) or have "updated" missing the second "d".