Fake Bag from Department Store

edensht

Apr 3, 2019
Hi all,

I just received the YSL toy loulou I ordered from a well-known department store in England but it is visibly fake. Wrong strap and missing two slots that are in the original.

What can be done in this case?

Their customer service is really lacking at the moment. It’s been 4 days since I spoke with 2 agents who said a case will be opened and nothing seems to since.

Is this something the store can be sued for? What would you do in my case?

Obviously I’m trying my best to come to a resolution with the store, therefore, I’m not even mentioning their name but I would just like to know what others would do in my situation.

TIA

If a credit card was used I would be calling them to reverse the charges. Let them deal with the department store.

You can try contacting them through Facebook or any other social media - not in private messages, I mean, but for everyone to see. This type of switch can happen, sadly, when the returns people don't check their incoming merchandise or can't tell that the item is fake, but that's not an excuse for the company to ignore a customer for days when they majorly screwed up.

Reactions: ConsciFashion
Hi all,

I just received the YSL toy loulou I ordered from a well-known department store in England but it is visibly fake. Wrong strap and missing two slots that are in the original.

Their customer service is really lacking at the moment. It’s been 4 days since I spoke with 2 agents who said a case will be opened and nothing seems to since.

Obviously I’m trying my best to come to a resolution with the store, therefore, I’m not even mentioning their name but I would just like to know what others would do in my situation.

TIA

Document your phone calls & time the calls were made & who the agents were that you spoke with
24 - 48 hours seems to be a courteous amount of time to wait for a response
At this point, I agree with the above poster, if you funded your purchase with a cc, let the cc deal with
the dispute...

Was it a final sale purchase? Are you able to return it to the store to get your money back? Send it with a note stating you believe it’s inauthentic?

Are you positive that it’s fake and YSL hasn’t just made changes to the style of the bag?

I’d try to get my money back from the store by returning it. If it was final sale I’d ask for an exception. And I’d let them know it’s possibly inauthentic and let them sort it out.

Is this a store you have previous good history at (ex. you've bought from them multiple times with good credibility)? I would be slightly worried they will turn around and accuse you of a bait and switch, but I definitely would try to work it out with them first before contacting your credit card company if they deny your return.

Reactions: cacosta35
If a credit card was used I would be calling them to reverse the charges. Let them deal with the department store.

I agree, that’s what my close ones recommended, as well. I will likely do this if I can’t have it resolved by tonight. I will be trying to contact them one last time before I do.

You can try contacting them through Facebook or any other social media - not in private messages, I mean, but for everyone to see. This type of switch can happen, sadly, when the returns people don't check their incoming merchandise or can't tell that the item is fake, but that's not an excuse for the company to ignore a customer for days when they majorly screwed up.

Sadly, you’re right... I was hoping to not have to do so but seems that I can’t get them to be concerned about the matter otherwise.

Document your phone calls & time the calls were made & who the agents were that you spoke with
24 - 48 hours seems to be a courteous amount of time to wait for a response
At this point, I agree with the above poster, if you funded your purchase with a cc, let the cc deal with
the dispute...

Thank you. I did just that as soon as I saw your reply. I will make one last call tonight and if I can’t have this resolved I will just have to dispute.

Was it a final sale purchase? Are you able to return it to the store to get your money back? Send it with a note stating you believe it’s inauthentic?

Are you positive that it’s fake and YSL hasn’t just made changes to the style of the bag?

I’d try to get my money back from the store by returning it. If it was final sale I’d ask for an exception. And I’d let them know it’s possibly inauthentic and let them sort it out.

It wasn’t final sale, however, if I return it I will be held accountable for shipping and import duties which amount to about $100 so it just seems unfair for me to pay that when they’re the ones who made the mistake.

Is this a store you have previous good history at (ex. you've bought from them multiple times with good credibility)? I would be slightly worried they will turn around and accuse you of a bait and switch, but I definitely would try to work it out with them first before contacting your credit card company if they deny your return.

This is actually my first ever purchase from them, however, the bag came with a tag attached that I haven’t removed yet which should serve as proof that it was shipped by them. At least I hope...

D
Hi all,

TIA

You mention that the bag is visibly fake & you have been patient waiting for a response.
You may be asked by your credit card company to provide authentication by a third party to
support your claim should you have to go the dispute route.
Keep us posted

Update: I called again now for the fourth time and requested to speak to a manager. I was told that due to covid, managers aren’t available because the agents are working from home so a request will be passed on and a manager should be contacting me via email within the next 3 business days. At this point, I would certainly dispute my charges but I’ve also spent so much money on these International calls (I’m in the US and they’re in England) that I feel I should be compensated for having to have spent that money. Nearly $4 per minute which is ridiculous regardless but still... anyway, I will keep you all updated once I get a response. Thank you all so much for your help!

but I’ve also spent so much money on these International calls (I’m in the US and they’re in England) that I feel I should be compensated for having to have spent that money. Nearly $4 per minute which is ridiculous regardless but still... anyway, I will keep you all updated once I get a response. Thank you all so much for your help!
Get a prepaid international phone card. They have them on Amazon. I've had one for years and the minutes never expire.

New update: I’ve been in contact with their Facebook customer service team overnight. They stated that they were assured by the distribution center that the bag is authentic as they receive all their bags from Saint Laurent and that the pictures online are incorrect and that’s why the bag I received is slightly different. First, is it not possible that someone returned the bag and then it was sold to me? How does them receiving genuine supply defend the fact that this specific bag is genuine? Additionally, incorrect pictures... isn’t that false advertising? I purchased the bag specifically because it’s advertised to be the toy loulou...