BOITE CHAPEAU SOUPLE MM: Empreinte OR Monogram?

strawbery526

Oct 30, 2016
Hi all, I’m looking at purchasing a Boite Chapeau SOUPLE MM. but having a hard time deciding between the empteinte leather or the monogram. Any experiences with either/both materials on this particular bag? Any pros and cons on this bag? Doesn’t seem to be a lot about this bag online so looking for some input from you guys. Thanks!

I'm having the same dilemma! I really like monograms and their patinas but I was concerned about the closure. A friend of my who has the bag in monogram mentioned that she presses one side of the opening to reach into the bag (not sure if i am making sense). I read somewhere that the empreinte leather might be softer thus eliminating this issue? My concern is scratching my hands/bracelet too much!

Would love to hear what the bag owners have to say about this bag!

I'm having the same dilemma! I really like monograms and their patinas but I was concerned about the closure. A friend of my who has the bag in monogram mentioned that she presses one side of the opening to reach into the bag (not sure if i am making sense). I read somewhere that the empreinte leather might be softer thus eliminating this issue? My concern is scratching my hands/bracelet too much!

Would love to hear what the bag owners have to say about this bag!

I have BCS in monogram. That’s exactly how I open my bag too, so my hand can go in and an item can go in and out. And the zipper Of mine isn’t smooth, so I usually keep it unzipped.

I have bcs in mono. I just stick my hand into the bag whenever I need to get something. Initially, I was concerned about scratching things as I take things in and out, but I quickly got over it. If anything, it's my hands that come into contact with the zipper teeth, not my jewelry or belongings. The zipper teeth aren't smooth, but they don't leave a mark on my hands either. I always use my compact capucines wallet with my bcs, and still no scratches, despite having both for a little over a year now. I take care of my items, but I don't baby them either. The only "con" with the mono bag is that if you leave the vachetta leather in contact with the hardware, the hardware will oxidize and leave a dark mark on the leather.

I don't know how bcs in empreinte leather is, but if you have no experience with empreinte leather, I find empreinte to be stiffer than canvas. With time, it will soften, but brand spanking new is stiffer imo. Empreinte is also heavier, if bag weight is important. Empreinte is easy to care for, just wipe with a damp cloth every now and then. Gently wipe dry if it gets wet. I like that empreinte is just grab-and-go. I consider spraying my vachetta once a year a necessary, but extremely mundane, chore.

As for the design itself, I don't really have any complaints. Some people may not enjoy the round shape in practice. You can't put a lot of things in the bag, so it's really more for someone who doesn't need to carry a lot of things. I'm able to fit a cosmetic pouch (lotion and hand sanitizer in the pouch), compact wallet, epipen, car keys (my keychain has a 4" stuffed charm), coin purse, and sunglasses. Bcs is my most used small/crossbody bag.

I have bcs in mono. I just stick my hand into the bag whenever I need to get something. Initially, I was concerned about scratching things as I take things in and out, but I quickly got over it. If anything, it's my hands that come into contact with the zipper teeth, not my jewelry or belongings. The zipper teeth aren't smooth, but they don't leave a mark on my hands either. I always use my compact capucines wallet with my bcs, and still no scratches, despite having both for a little over a year now. I take care of my items, but I don't baby them either. The only "con" with the mono bag is that if you leave the vachetta leather in contact with the hardware, the hardware will oxidize and leave a dark mark on the leather.

I don't know how bcs in empreinte leather is, but if you have no experience with empreinte leather, I find empreinte to be stiffer than canvas. With time, it will soften, but brand spanking new is stiffer imo. Empreinte is also heavier, if bag weight is important. Empreinte is easy to care for, just wipe with a damp cloth every now and then. Gently wipe dry if it gets wet. I like that empreinte is just grab-and-go. I consider spraying my vachetta once a year a necessary, but extremely mundane, chore.

As for the design itself, I don't really have any complaints. Some people may not enjoy the round shape in practice. You can't put a lot of things in the bag, so it's really more for someone who doesn't need to carry a lot of things. I'm able to fit a cosmetic pouch (lotion and hand sanitizer in the pouch), compact wallet, epipen, car keys (my keychain has a 4" stuffed charm), coin purse, and sunglasses. Bcs is my most used small/crossbody bag.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: daisy913
I don’t have BCS.. But if I get it, I will choose mono. I love empreinte leather but I am a bit scared to buy empreinte leather bag now. Based on me and my friends experience, empreinte bag is super hard to sell and the price will go down. I have no idea why.. I will only buy canvas from LV.. You will never know if you need to sell it someday right ? So just incase.. :biggrin:

Reactions: Emily111 and mrs.JC
I don’t have BCS.. But if I get it, I will choose mono. I love empreinte leather but I am a bit scared to buy empreinte leather bag now. Based on me and my friends experience, empreinte bag is super hard to sell and the price will go down. I have no idea why.. I will only buy canvas from LV.. You will never know if you need to sell it someday right ? So just incase.. :biggrin:
They both are beautiful! I was torn but felt like the empriente just elevated the look of my outfit. I also am afraid of all of the vachetta. I have decided that the light leather on the vachetta is too difficult to maintain. On this bag the vachetta is pre-treated, but my SA told me it will still show water marks, etc. I agree with you though that the mono will likely hold its value better but I just love the black so much...I had to get it! Hope you join the family!

They both are beautiful! I was torn but felt like the empriente just elevated the look of my outfit. I also am afraid of all of the vachetta. I have decided that the light leather on the vachetta is too difficult to maintain. On this bag the vachetta is pre-treated, but my SA told me it will still show water marks, etc. I agree with you though that the mono will likely hold its value better but I just love the black so much...I had to get it! Hope you join the family!
Congratulations on your BCS.. Enjoy.. I am sure it’s pretty.. :heart:
I hope I can get one, but for now I need to focus on DE bag. I don’t have any, so my next purchase must be DE bag.. :biggrin: