shopping with NM Chanel

terinicola

Oct 31, 2019
I had contacted the NM customer service line looking for a specific Chanel piece. They had took down my request, and info. Then the next day a stylist had contacted me via text. I had talked to her and made my request.
Supposedly she put in a request with Chanel?
Its been like 3 days since she made that request. I had provided all of my purchasing information.

How does that work? Does Chanel need to accept the offer? what am I missing?
Has anyone else used this type of service?

This is exactly like any another SA or Stylist transaction/interaction. The Customer Service line forwarded your contact to an SA within the store. Considering the spaces in NM are concessions, the SA can probably look into the system of Chanel boutiques across the country and see if it's available anywhere. She took your info, she's going to put in a transfer/charge send request, and they will fulfill the request if they're able. If it's not available yet, she'll probably keep your information on hand for when it arrives and can use your info to place a hold on it.

3 days is a normal amount of lead time, so I wouldn't worry. If you'd like an update, i'm sure you can just text her and ask her what the current status is.

Reactions: terinicola
This is exactly like any another SA or Stylist transaction/interaction. Considering the spaces in NM are concessions, she can probably look into the system of Chanel boutiques across the country and see if it's available anywhere. She took your info, she's going to put in a transfer/charge send request, and they will fulfill the request if they're able. If it's not available yet, she'll probably keep your information on hand for when it arrives and can use your info to place a hold on it.

3 days is a normal amount of lead time, so I wouldn't worry. If you'd like an update, i'm sure you can just text her and ask her what the current status is.

Ah, I had no idea. This is the first time I had shopped with NM (my area doesn't have a Chanel boutique, and my previous SA has moved on that I had made friends with at a frequently traveled boutique)

True, I guess I feel bad always asking for an update, but I suppose that's the natural of their job too.

hope you get the bag!!! what bag are you looking after?

Chanel Business Affinity Backpack in Black
I finally decided I had wanted that piece after months and months of research and watching YouTube videos. I really wanted a cute backpack, Im such a 90s baby haha. But I didn't like LV ones or any other luxe brand. So finally settled on Chanel.
Idk i don't like the look of the urban spirit and i feel like that one doesn't have structure.

I just feel like it would still be a timeless looking piece in a few years vs. other chanel backpacks

I had same experience by the time they get to the bag it’s sold I got really frustrated w Neimans Boca Raton it took days for an answer and the SA didn’t seem to really care so I’d rather go directly to a boutique or a saks that has a Chanel and this was before sales before virus .

I had same experience by the time they get to the bag it’s sold I got really frustrated w Neimans Boca Raton it took days for an answer and the SA didn’t seem to really care so I’d rather go directly to a boutique or a saks that has a Chanel and this was before sales before virus .

Yes! I agree, that's really frustrating. MyNM SA texted me yesterday saying she had secured the bag from the boutique and would send the receipt electronically when she got it. So I was thinking ok great, I'll get the receipt later in the day.. nothing.
Its been like a full 24 hrs and I haven't heard anything.

Sooooo i called a chanel boutique in my old city i used to live in and asked for an SAs info. I explained my situation and that I had previously purchased a few times from that boutique and they were soooo helpful. I already have an SA emailing me photos for my next purchase :smile:

Yes! I agree, that's really frustrating. MyNM SA texted me yesterday saying she had secured the bag from the boutique and would send the receipt electronically when she got it. So I was thinking ok great, I'll get the receipt later in the day.. nothing.
Its been like a full 24 hrs and I haven't heard anything.

Sooooo i called a chanel boutique in my old city i used to live in and asked for an SAs info. I explained my situation and that I had previously purchased a few times from that boutique and they were soooo helpful. I already have an SA emailing me photos for my next purchase :smile:
I wonder if they don’t get a commission ? Because SA said to me I could source the bag on my own or she could put in a request ? She didn’t seem eager to make a sale .

I wonder if they don’t get a commission ? Because SA said to me I could source the bag on my own or she could put in a request ? She didn’t seem eager to make a sale .

Interesting... I would be curious to know. Even today, a day later, im still expecting to purchase that backpack, but nothing... I'll try to text tomorrow. Honestly I'm just going straight to Chanel. The NM service for luxe items or their personal shoppers don't impress me.

Hi, what are you looking for? My NM gal is amazing, she can find almost anything

So I think its because its coming from hawaii to a NM boutique then to me.. and it was the last one left

But it is the Chanel business Affinity backpack in black. She said I secured the bag ha.

It just feels like the communication is so ... slow? Or not there. It would be nice to be told exactly what is going on.

There are other pieces from Chanel and LV that I am looking for and I feel like i won't use this NM person again.. idk. Thoughts?

We have a personal shopper at NM. I can’t speak about the process, but I do know my husband called her last Monday and she had a bag to me by Wednesday same week. Maybe because we have direct #/contact?

We have a personal shopper at NM. I can’t speak about the process, but I do know my husband called her last Monday and she had a bag to me by Wednesday same week. Maybe because we have direct #/contact?

Interesting... I do have her direct contact # but maybe because this is the first time I'm working with her? or that this is a hard Chanel backpack to track down?